Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Alright, thanks! Also, when I start the game and cancel the journal, adn tehn receive the egg, nobody must be moving, right?

Alright, thanks! Also, when I start the game and cancel the journal, adn tehn receive the egg, nobody must be moving, right?
The Buneary moves very fast, but yeah, that's the ideal situation. Pick the egg up as fast as possible before a NPC moves. This is to be consistent with your frames.

darn, the buneary does keep getting in the way
I use the Buneary as a reference point. For example, I saved with the Buneary towards the left and off of my screen. When I'm soft resetting to hit my frame, I know that I'm too late if the Buneary has ran right and passed the first fence post. I aim for a time when Buneary's nose pokes out the left while running right.

Ultimately, the Buneary can move and you will be fine; if Buneary moves too much, you may be off when collecting the egg.

If you're using Platinum, use the "doghouse" and the Buneary entering/exiting it as reference. I am using Diamond and Buneary runs off the left screen.

okay, this is my first shot with high delay stuff, and with an even frame. since I'm going for giratina, I dont get this whole "steps are saved" thing. does that mean that it will actually take LESS steps to advance the RNG by the number in my party instead of 128? 128 still works, right? it just goes a little over? i really don't want to hit my delay and miss my frame (which is frame 6) because that would just plain suck.

darn, the buneary does keep getting in the way
I use the Buneary as a reference point. For example, I saved with the Buneary towards the left and off of my screen. When I'm soft resetting to hit my frame, I know that I'm too late if the Buneary has ran right and passed the first fence post. I aim for a time when Buneary's nose pokes out the left while running right.

Ultimately, the Buneary can move and you will be fine; if Buneary moves too much, you may be off when collecting the egg.

If you're using Platinum, use the "doghouse" and the Buneary entering/exiting it as reference. I am using Diamond and Buneary runs off the left screen.
NPCs with a fixed movement path (i.e. the Buneary) do not affect your frame at all.

Can someone tell me what I should do now?

I've just gotten 12 results from the calibration phase with a partial success. My main problem appears to be the fact that my seconds value is inconsistent and varies between 14 and 13 but is usually 14. I also need help finding my delay range. I think it might be 599-609 but that would leave a few out, so I'm not sure...

Here are my results BTW:

Trial#;Seconds;Delay
1;13;599
2;14;601
3;13;589
4;14;607
5;14;601
6;14;597
7;13;599
8;14;595
9;13;593
10;14;609
11;14;599
12;13;605

Thanks

Regarding the Trophy Garden pokemon, do they move to the next slot pending the change to the next REAL day? Because yesterday I changed the day one day forward and it was still the current pokemon. Today I have a previous day spread I want to do, but if I change the date, will the pokemon still be there?

Trophy Garden Pokemon only get replaced when the day changes in-game. Meaning you load your game at 23:59, and wait a minute.

If you have a previous day spread and the Pokemon you want is in the previous day slot, you can still change your date, just make sure the time doesn't physically change to the next day in-game.

I've been meaning to find the answer to that too, but I haven't had time and a spare Platinum game I'd like to reset. But I would think it's possible.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
okay, this is my first shot with high delay stuff, and with an even frame. since I'm going for giratina, I dont get this whole "steps are saved" thing. does that mean that it will actually take LESS steps to advance the RNG by the number in my party instead of 128? 128 still works, right? it just goes a little over? i really don't want to hit my delay and miss my frame (which is frame 6) because that would just plain suck.
If you walk 129 steps you run the risk (however slight) of advancing the rng twice (* the number of pokemon in your party). So don't go over at all.

Can someone tell me what I should do now?

I've just gotten 12 results from the calibration phase with a partial success. My main problem appears to be the fact that my seconds value is inconsistent and varies between 14 and 13 but is usually 14. I also need help finding my delay range. I think it might be 599-609 but that would leave a few out, so I'm not sure...

Here are my results BTW:

Trial#;Seconds;Delay
1;13;599
2;14;601
3;13;589
4;14;607
5;14;601
6;14;597
7;13;599
8;14;595
9;13;593
10;14;609
11;14;599
12;13;605
Well, you can either start abusing now (slightly harder because you can't accurately hit a target second) or practice more until you can get a consistent seconds. Not really much to be said except make sure your external clock is accurate and work on being consistent when you synch the DS to it.

One question guys:

Is Gift Riolu and Gift Togepi abusable O.o?
Or I can't RNG abuse them O.o?
Try it and see, because I am not sure off the top of my head. It's honestly not something I am particularly interested in spending any time on myself as I don't really see a benefit over just breeding them. If you or anyone else feels differently feel free to research :)

Well, you can either start abusing now (slightly harder because you can't accurately hit a target second) or practice more until you can get a consistent seconds. Not really much to be said except make sure your external clock is accurate and work on being consistent when you synch the DS to it.
Thanks mingot, I'll practice a little more so I don't add any problems. I just recently hatched a shiny dratini (probably has bad IVs cause I didn't check :D) and it was really rewarding and pretty easy too.

Hatching/Catching a perfect pokemon though looks a lot harder but it sure will be awesome when it works!

In "Hatching the perfect pokemon" I repeated steps 7-10 like 5 times and I got at seconds 54, 39, 22, 54 and 25 and for delays I got 596, 600, 610, 592 and 612. Whichone of those numbers should I use?

I was trying to abuse for a pokeradar pokemon. Using my own testing, I found the starting frame to be 11+ the number of steps it took to get to that spot. I was trying to get this spread on a togepi 30/17/30/31/31/31 Timid HP Ice 68. I got the right delay, and I used the pokeradar. The closest spot was three spaces away so I used 14 as my starting frame. Then I did 332 flips in order to hit frame 678. Frame 678 for this spread has encounter slot 6 which should be a togepi according the the platinum encounter slots but when I went into battle, I caught a gloom with that spread? Gloom is slot 6 without pokeradar. How do I find the correct frame for a togepi???

EDIT: THis is the seed: 37130298

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In "Hatching the perfect pokemon" I repeated steps 7-10 like 5 times and I got at seconds 54, 39, 22, 54 and 25 and for delays I got 596, 600, 610, 592 and 612. Whichone of those numbers should I use?
I can tell by looking at your seconds that you are doing something wrong. Did you go through a calibration phase? Seconds should be consistent.

I can tell by looking at your seconds that you are doing something wrong. Did you go through a calibration phase? Seconds should be consistent.
yea i went through the calibration phase but if i cancel the journal and then collect the egg quickly w/o NPC's moving and then fly to resort area then use sweetscent at route 229 and then catch the pokemon. Does flying to resort area affect it? :S

Your seconds is the time of the minute when you press "Continue". Make sure you're SRing at 0 seconds each time to get consistent results.

I have a question about advancing the RNG.

I need to advance the RNG 9 times (Because the target frame is 12 - number of running pokemon 2 - monster frame which is 1 because I'm trying to catch Darkrai)
Now, I've got three pokemon in my party (Abra my syncer, Darkrai lv 100 and Chatot lv 25).
Also, if I open my journal the first page (Jan 1 2011 because of my target time :D) it has the info "Started from Newmoon Island", "Got through Newmoon Island" and "Used a PC Box".
If I flip it to the previous page by pressing 'a' it says a bunch of stuff but also says: "Caught BIDOOF (EVENING)." it was female but it makes no mention of it here.

So, I need to advance the RNG 9 times and I'm saved right in front of Darkrai on Newmoon Island. Would the following procedure work:

1. Walk left and then right until I get to 128 steps when I'm able to initiate the battle with Darkrai on the 128th step to advance the RNG 3 times since I've got 3 pokemon in my party.
2. Then open up my journal (which I don't think advances the RNG since the first page has no info about a caught/defeated pokemon) and then flip to the previous page by pressing 'a' where is says "Caught BIDOOF (EVENING)." to advance the RNG 2 times. Then flip to the first page and then the previous and then the first page and then the previous. Now, go to the first page and then leave the journal.
3. Initiate the battle with Darkrai because the RNG was advance 3 times with the 128 steps and then 2 times for each journal flip: 3+2+2+2 = 9...

Would that work??

Thanks! :D

mingot

free agent
Sounds good to me, but would it not have been quicker to simply reset (not caring about time), do the steps you laid out, capturing the monster and then using it get the initial seed, generating frames and seeing if landed on frame 12?

Well I was able to get a perfect shiny empoleon and I'd like to thank Mingot and Lightningfusion for the help.

Anyways now I've moved on to trying to capture a shiny giratina and have run into a little problem. I've followed the steps in the guide and entered my average delay range (624-632), year (2009), method J, adamant for my synch nature and the default maximum frame of 1000. Now I entered 31 IVs into all relevant stats and as you may expect I got no results. I kind of expected this to happen as I've heard that there's very little chance of perfect IV spreads for shiny pokemon so I tried lowering my standards. Eventually I had to search for spreads where all IVs where above 10 and then was I able to come up with some results. None of the spreads that came up however had more then one 31/30 IV in any two stats. After quickly browsing through some trade threads I found many RNG abused shiny legends with perfect IVs in up to four different stats. Now I don't know If I've just gotten extremely unlucky with spreads or If there's something I could be doing to obtain better results.

\

3. Start your game and keep Start + Select + L held then press R (these are the buttons hit to soft reset the game) exactly when the clock reaches the next minute. Hit A as fast as possible until you enter the game world. You will want to note the exact time that you soft reset the game.

whats it mean by this part
do i open the ds to where it says continue then press a once the clock reaches a minute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)