Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

\

3. Start your game and keep Start + Select + L held then press R (these are the buttons hit to soft reset the game) exactly when the clock reaches the next minute. Hit A as fast as possible until you enter the game world. You will want to note the exact time that you soft reset the game.

whats it mean by this part
do i open the ds to where it says continue then press a once the clock reaches a minute
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you have to be in game to soft reset. You will literally be looking at your little dude with a beret. When the clock reaches your desired time, you hit the Start + Select + L + R keys all at the same time, and mash a as fast as you can.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you have to be in game to soft reset. You will literally be looking at your little dude with a beret. When the clock reaches your desired time, you hit the Start + Select + L + R keys all at the same time, and mash a as fast as you can.
oh alright your description makes more sense

edit: ive now caught a random poke

and found my seed and delay

seed 810F0299

seconds 14 delay 656

do i just shut the ds off and reset to the exact time i did for this seed? to find my average delay right?

edit: never mind shawk helping me out

Just wondering if anybody ever will throw together a excel file for spreads like the "physical spreads" and "trick room special spreads" but for shiny captures (with somewhat decent IVs).

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyways now I've moved on to trying to capture a shiny giratina and have run into a little problem. I've followed the steps in the guide and entered my average delay range (624-632), year (2009), method J, adamant for my synch nature and the default maximum frame of 1000. Now I entered 31 IVs into all relevant stats and as you may expect I got no results. I kind of expected this to happen as I've heard that there's very little chance of perfect IV spreads for shiny pokemon so I tried lowering my standards. Eventually I had to search for spreads where all IVs where above 10 and then was I able to come up with some results. None of the spreads that came up however had more then one 31/30 IV in any two stats. After quickly browsing through some trade threads I found many RNG abused shiny legends with perfect IVs in up to four different stats. Now I don't know If I've just gotten extremely unlucky with spreads or If there's something I could be doing to obtain better results.
You might want to use the PokeRNG utility which is linked in the OP. It will find all of your shiny spreads. One thing to keep in mind is that they are different for everyone, so no guarantee that you will have any great ones

Just wondering if anybody ever will throw together a excel file for spreads like the "physical spreads" and "trick room special spreads" but for shiny captures (with somewhat decent IVs).
Not possible, shiny is based on SID ad ID, and that is different for everyone.

Is it possible to sweet scent in the grass at the summit of Mt. Coronet (the part where it is snowing)? Whenever I sweet scent the aroma "fades for some reason." This is on Pearl if that matters.

Thanks. But actually I just found (page 318 of this thread) that you can radar in the snow, which uses the same slot. Problem solved.

Okay this is kinda confusing me.

I used the video tutorial and the written tutorial to calibrate my game, with these remarkable results:

seconds delay
18 592
17 592
22 602
33 600
34 628
41 602

Although I'm sure that in the last three tries I entered the game world around 15 seconds. Can someone please explain what's wrong or what I might be doing wrong?

I don't have a master ball atm so I have to go through the process of weakening the pokémon and putting it asleep before catching it, wich takes some time, if that information is of any help.

Thanks a lot.

Questions about the "Hatch A Shiny" part

Do I have to use sweet scent / honey to find a pokemon to create the seed ?
Do I switch poketech app to something different when Ive flipped the coin the right number of times ?
Whats a reasonable number of taps on each app ?
Do the parents Im using have to be in the PC when I get to Solaceon or can they be in my party ?

ok i have mastered the shiny hatching thingy but now i am having probs with hatching perfect pokemon
my delay is between 618 and 636 and 14 sec
ok so i putted that on the RNG and DPPT time finder and got a frame of 22 a delay of 632 and reset time 0h 3 min and 14s
ok then i wait till my external clock reaches 0 min and SF i capture a lv 50 or so pokemon use the seed finder go into the stats section and got my seed i do the tappings first happiness and the coin flip then i fly to soleceon put my pokemon in their i see the old man with the egg i save i take the egg then i cycle along the way it hatches it is what the RNG preddicted nature and ability and the i SF to discover my frame but my prob is that that buneary i can t get the egg without it moving any help?

How do I know which ability I will get using RNG abuse? Which one is ability 0 and which one is ability 1?

Edit: Also, on the list of physical spreads, what does the gender actually mean?

Ok I have failed at least 4 time now and don't know what I did wrong, hopefully you guys can help. My target frame is 2280 and the poke I am going for is drifloon, which is frame 1, giving me 2279 frames left, then I take a step giving me 2278 frames left, then I do 1139 journal flip, but the poke keeps coming out wrong. I have a syncer BTW.

Ok I have failed at least 4 time now and don't know what I did wrong, hopefully you guys can help. My target frame is 2280 and the poke I am going for is drifloon, which is frame 1, giving me 2279 frames left, then I take a step giving me 2278 frames left, then I do 1139 journal flip, but the poke keeps coming out wrong. I have a syncer BTW.
Unless you are standing in grass or a cave, or surfing, it takes 128 steps to advance the RNG by the number of pokemon in your party. What you need to do is make sure you have 5 pokemon in your party, take exactly 128 steps to advance the RNG by 5, and then do (2274/2)=1137 journal flips to get your spread.

Also make sure you are using your coin flips to confirm your seed.

Here's a crazy question: can you use RNG abuse to get a five-digit match on your Trainer ID for the lottery at the news station? I was thinking, it might be nice for Master Ball farming. ;p
Uh, epic fail. I meant can you use RNG abuse to match up the numbers to a specific pokemon. Trainer ID - what was I thinking...

Well. I need to hit the 8th frame. When I miss the delay, I always hit it. When I nail the delay, it always comes as 7th frame >_> What's wrong?

DarkLynx when you hit different seeds NPCs sometimes have different actions programmed. This means that if you hit your seed an NPC can move when normally it wouldn't if you'd hit a different seed.

So, I have to look for another spread and hope it goes right? I've bred like 9 pokes using RNG and this is the first time it ever happenned ._.

You might want to use the PokeRNG utility which is linked in the OP. It will find all of your shiny spreads. One thing to keep in mind is that they are different for everyone, so no guarantee that you will have any great ones
Ok thanks for the help again. I was able to find some much better spreads.

DarkLynx when you hit different seeds NPCs sometimes have different actions programmed. This means that if you hit your seed an NPC can move when normally it wouldn't if you'd hit a different seed.
This is partially true. However, a particular seed doesn't always generate a movement. It seems to depend somewhat on the save file prior to. I tried hitting a 31/A/31/A/31/A spread three times over my vacation. I hit it twice without a hitch. The third time, I had the NPC problem. I suggest resaving then trying again, making sure you are on a frame that is a multiple of 2 under the target.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay this is kinda confusing me.

I used the video tutorial and the written tutorial to calibrate my game, with these remarkable results:

seconds delay
18 592
17 592
22 602
33 600
34 628
41 602

Although I'm sure that in the last three tries I entered the game world around 15 seconds. Can someone please explain what's wrong or what I might be doing wrong?

I don't have a master ball atm so I have to go through the process of weakening the pokémon and putting it asleep before catching it, wich takes some time, if that information is of any help.

Thanks a lot.
No idea, but you are doing something very wrong. It looks like you are not resetting at :00 (where 00 is the seconds on your synchronized external clock).

Questions about the "Hatch A Shiny" part

Do I have to use sweet scent / honey to find a pokemon to create the seed ?

Doesn't say you have to, so you don't.

Do I switch poketech app to something different when Ive flipped the coin the right number of times ?

Doesn't say you have to, so you don't.

Whats a reasonable number of taps on each app ?

However many you can stand to do without making a mistake.

Do the parents Im using have to be in the PC when I get to Solaceon or can they be in my party ?

It doesn't say, so it doesn't matter.

Basically, just follow the directions.
Uh, epic fail. I meant can you use RNG abuse to match up the numbers to a specific pokemon. Trainer ID - what was I thinking...
Maybe, but it would be an awful lot of work when you can really just use Emerald to get as many as you want with no external device.

What method/monster frame is the Eevee you receive from Bebe? (Wasn't it previously on the "Creation Method Reference for Captured Pokémon" list?)

Might it work if, on the start screen of you DS, you start to press the A button on the start screen of your DS as soon as the second hand of the internal clock on the upper screen on your DS hits zero?

Thanks a lot for the answer though =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)