NBA Season 2009-2010

No one is comparing Noah to Chalmers. Chalmers sucks, Noah is well above average (THERE ARE NOT VERY MANY GOOD CENTERS IN THE NBA, NEWS FLASH).

Minnesota signed Ramon Sessions to a four-year, $16 million contract last summer, but are currently shopping him in the trade market. “They’re basically looking for a salary dump,” said an executive with a team who spoke to Minnesota. “That won’t be easy.”
GM David Kahn is looking to sign Luke Ridnour to a four-year, $16 million contract.

I seriously wonder all the time if he has a single plan for this offseason (or well any offseason/season period).

Did he also mention that chuck hayes is 6"6?

Yeah um, I think Miami will be fine. I mean the Lakers had Josh Fucking Powell and DJ MBENGA playing meaningful minutes.

So it appears the Jazz are very close to acquiring Al Jefferson for basically just draft picks (source). That would be an awesome move for the Jazz, essentially replacing Boozer, except they actually get bigger. Now let's hope Jefferson can get back to playing like 08-09.

Yeah um, I think Miami will be fine. I mean the Lakers had Josh Fucking Powell and DJ MBENGA playing meaningful minutes.
i'm still confused as to why lakers thinks his bench is good without lamar odom. must i bring up those terrible losses when bynum went down?

i'm still confused as to why lakers thinks his bench is good without lamar odom. must i bring up those terrible losses when bynum went down?
Yeh, when you have a rotation of Farmar/Brown/Odom coming off the bench thats pretty pretty solid. Even if they had a few bad stretches, once they find a way to dump vujacic and if the report was right that they are gonna sign Mcgrady and Raja Bell, then their bench just got even better.

why do you keep bringing sprewell references. the point is that they took 6+ million less money for their team to add servicable players like haslem and potentially miller. and you're even more retarded. there's a difference between a 2-3 million paycut and a 10 million dollar paycut. do you not realize the huge amount of money that is? by your logic everyone can live off 75k a year. we should all just say fuck money. right.

and how will you know how lebron feels? this hasn't happen before where 3 all stars in their prime actually joined together to win a title. since you're so sure of whats going to happen i suppose you'd easily be able to bet on every outcome right? did i say anywhere that this will work? no, i said it -could- work but you're so fast to dismiss the remote possibility that it could happen. you're still retarded

also lololol

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3120/splits;_ylt=AvPF_8i7YcYnNUKafUOEhXUfPKB4

yeah 20ppg at one point. you mean the 2 games he played in october. lol k.
and why wouldn't i bring up the playoffs? he was unable to do anything remotely positive on the biggest stage where it mattered

yeah rockets bench are deep. behind chuck hayes we played...david andersen...lol....
You obviously cant read either. I never dismissed the fact that it couldnt work, I said it wont work for the first 2-3 years because they will need to sort out the chemistry issues first as neither Lebron nor Wade are going to accept a secondary role. Add in the fact that their bench is not very deep and you just have a team thats not ready for greatness just yet. After those 2-3 years when they work out their problems and add more depth through the draft (which cant happen really since they shipped off all their picks), and through F/A since they'll have the MLE available next season then they'll probably win a few rings to end their careers off with.

And yes, I do realize that is a lot of money but if he really cared truly/100% about winning he would've at least evaluated the idea of taking less money so he could make up his salary in sponsorships. Neither of us can talk about that money since neither of us have anything close to it but if he just wants to win wouldnt it seem logical to take a bit less to even further help out the team?

And yeh, I was a few numbers off Jermaine was still averaging 17-18 ppg through the first 20 and now hes going to be coming off the bench with basically no pressure to perform.

Also I forgot, it must suck having Shane Battier coming off the bench, man that guy stinks Duke products never amount to anything they should cut him if they havent already

And if you're gonna talk about Chuck Hayes, dont mention his height. Barkley was a 6'4 PF and Ben Wallace was 6'8 even if his fro gave the illusion he was 7'0 he was only 6'8 and shut down Shaq who was still slightly in his prime in the 03-04 Finals. Im not gonna argue that Chuck Hayes is some amazing center but he had to be serviceable if the Rockets didnt immediately go out looking for another big man to play center

Bro, there will be no chemistry issues. I know you think the Lakers are the end all, be all of basketball but believe or not more often that not, when stars play together, they get better not worse.

This isn't a situation where these guys were just thrown together out of the blue or Miami just traded for them because they could. These guys have been discussing this situation for years.

You can go as far back as even the 80's. How many freaking stars were on those Lakers/Boston teams???? At times they had HOFers coming off the bench in their primes.

These guys already have an idea of how they can play with each other and have success. They're not going to take "2-3 years" to figure it out because a) They are the best in the game who put work into their basketball careers. They are not lazy chumps b) They already have a head start c) They have staff who know how to deal with Stars like them.

You're an idiot if you think this is in anyway similar to the Lakers bringing in Karl Malone and Gary Payton because OBVIOUSLY that's what you're comparing this to.

lol at doubting the greatest in the game not being able to figure the game out.

Oh and with the "second fiddle" thing, there will be no such issue because each one of them think they have an equally important role to contribute to a championship. Thats why LeBron and Bosh are in Miami in the first place.

they already have experience with each other in the olympics.. don't they?

Yeh, when you have a rotation of Farmar/Brown/Odom coming off the bench thats pretty pretty solid.
you know you still haven't addressed the fact that these three stars can all get their own shot. LeBron, Wade, or Bosh surrounded by shooters is probably as solid of a bench.

Please dont talk about the Lakers or Celtics during the 80's. You are talking about guys who basically started their careers together and played every single game together with the exception of Abdul-Jabbar. How do you expect two superstars who have never played together except for a few games during the Olympics to perfectly fit together and never have a problem ever during an 82 game season?

Seriously, you cant even compare the 80's Lakers and Celtics to this team. Both of the teams two biggest stars... WERE DRAFTED TO THE TEAM! Magic and Worthy.... DRAFTED TO LA. Bird and Mchale... DRAFTED TO BOSTON. They played their whole careers around the other and made each other HOF'ers, you are asking two players who were superstars by themselves for 7 seasons to now sacrifice shots for winning. They can talk as much as they want about how all they want to do is win, they havent been in the league long enough to know how frustrating losing is

Plus, dont even talk about the Lakers of now. I hate Artest, the only time you ever found me happy about Artest joining LA was right when it happened because I thought he was just an upgraded Ariza since he did everything Ariza did except better. Then I realized adding another star wasnt good, even if it did give us a ring. Artest didnt mesh in LA and I dont see it happening this year.

And yeh, maybe im a little biased about my team but when i've watched my team dominate the playoffs the past three years due to their size and having the best player in the world on their team, then yeh I dont see Miami beating us until they prove they can win without size and Lebron and Wade can co exist for 82 games.

Ilgauskas to Miami? Line-up looks like:

Ilgauskas / Pittman
Bosh / Haslem
LeBron / Miller
Wade / Butler
Chalmers / ?

Still weak at center and point guard...if I were Miami, actually, I'd rather run like:

Ilgauskas / Pittman
Bosh / Haslem
LeBron / ?
Miller / Butler
Wade / Chalmers

After the last couple of years in Miami, Wade should be eager to have some real players to pass to. Wade is also the most mature of LeBron and Wade and would make the best point guard decisions. This way, their only real weakness is at center, but the Mavs have come this far without a legit center, so it shouldn't really matter too much. They'll need a center if they want to take the next step, though. LeBron not having a backup shouldn't be too much of a hindrance because they have so much selection of minimum salary small forwards - pretty much a dime a dozen - to play for maybe 10 minutes a game behind LeBron and not really skip a beat because they can always throw the ball to Bosh in the low or high post. They just need to find some scrappy hustle glue guys, and that shouldn't be too hard.

Al Jefferson to the Jazz:

I don't get this move. If they wanted a scoring no defense power forward, why didn't they keep Boozer for similar money and more production? They gave up valuable picks for what they already had. If I'm Paul Millsap, I'm pissed. He's had the starting job lined up for him for the past two years, till Boozer decided to exercise his option, and now they trade for Jefferson. I think this move hurts them in the long run - similar to the Harris for Kidd trade.

Charlotte has traded Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca to Dallas for Dampier, Matt Carroll and Najera, a league source tells Y! Sports.

aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

THIS is what we waste Dampier on? Did we even TRY to get Chris Paul?

Charlotte has traded Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca to Dallas for Dampier, Matt Carroll and Najera, a league source tells Y! Sports.

aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe it's a ploy to lure CP3 here.

I can see why they did it though. We got to dump three useless players in exchange for one useless player and one player who helps us match up to Bynum. When we played the Lakers last season, it wasn't Gasol or Odom who did the damage; it was always Bynum who dominated iirc. Chandler gives us a legit center rotation and length to match up with the Lakers.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
mj backed up the deal; looks like raps are not getting chandler. on another note, big z sucks in heat, he is a big liability on the defensive end and bosh isn't exactly a stellar defensive big himself. they need a strong defensive c that can pound with opposing big stars like gasol and howard.

pookar

Banned deucer.
ive seen a growing trend in miami heat discussions, and its common denominator is that laker fans don't have a clue about player egos, most likely because they are surrounded by douchebag players in every sport team they follow.

newsflash: lebron already made like 75 fucking million dollars, wade the same, bosh a little bit less but still at least 45m.

people cannot seem t grasp the concept that some players dont give a fuck about money and would rather win.

the basic fact that there are 2 top 5 (top 3) players on the same team, with a top 15 player as the third option and their willingness to take paycuts in order to have immediate success by signing other players, and those other players are taking MORE paycuts shows the desire for this team to succeed. nobody knows how well it will work. I personally believe this team is going to mesh extremely well especially if Haslem and Miller both get on board. They are both extremely good at their roles (all around big man: haslem, 3pt shooter/ball distributor: miller)

I really like darkie's idea of starting wade at the one and having miller start. Chalmers is a lot better than some people give him credit for, and as the 6th option for scoring right now (he was 4th when the big 3 were signed) all he has to do is play solid defense (which he does) and hit spot up/off screen jumpshots (which he could do) because we all know wade/lebron are going to handle the ball on offense.

if ilgauskas goes to miami i have little doubt the team makes the finals. the prospect of this team is just insane

edit: darkie, i pray for you that chandler works out, because hes not that good and was overrated by having the best point guard in the league on his team in NO. second. ron artest didn't mesh in LA because kobe bryant's ego wouldn't allow it.

aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this deal actually doesn't work in the espn trade machine, so there's probably more players or teams involved.

the Mavs also reportedly offered the full MLE to Al Harrington, so I could potentially see Marion getting sent off in the Bobcats deal, and getting back Stephen Jackson. If so...

Haywood / Chandler / Mahinmi
Dirk / Harrington / Mahinmi
Butler / Harrington / Jackson
Jackson / Roddy / Terry
Kidd / Roddy

That team is pretty stacked. Solid 48 minutes of defense from our centers, 3 scoring options in the starting line-up and then Harrington/Roddy/Terry as scorers off the bench. I would not mind this one bit!

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Al Jefferson to the Jazz:

I don't get this move. If they wanted a scoring no defense power forward, why didn't they keep Boozer for similar money and more production? They gave up valuable picks for what they already had. If I'm Paul Millsap, I'm pissed. He's had the starting job lined up for him for the past two years, till Boozer decided to exercise his option, and now they trade for Jefferson. I think this move hurts them in the long run - similar to the Harris for Kidd trade.
Al Jefferson is cheaper and younger than Boozer with similar production. He definitely has a height advantage over Boozer as well. Jefferson might not be big enough to handle Gasol and Bynum, but he is an improvement. As for the PF situation, he'll probably move to C like Boozer did when they were both on the court. That was their best offensive lineup last year.

then yeh I dont see Miami beating us until they prove they can win without size and Lebron and Wade can co exist for 82 games.
Ilgauskas and Bosh is enough size. Udonis isn't bad but if they get one more then you can't really hide behind too many arguments anymore.

you're basically hoping LeBron isn't a passer.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Even if LeBron, Wade, Bosh don't get along, just think about NBA Jam, I'm sure they will mesh just fine.

Al Jefferson is cheaper and younger than Boozer with similar production. He definitely has a height advantage over Boozer as well. Jefferson might not be big enough to handle Gasol and Bynum, but he is an improvement. As for the PF situation, he'll probably move to C like Boozer did when they were both on the court. That was their best offensive lineup last year.
Is it worth the picks though? Jefferson is $14mil and Boozer signed for about $15-16mil. You can buy a first round pick for $3mil which also give you a chance to get younger in the future. I don't like this move for the Jazz :\

Ilgauskas and Bosh is enough size. Udonis isn't bad but if they get one more then you can't really hide behind too many arguments anymore.

Ilgauskas isn't really much of a banger and Bosh is definitely more of a PF than a center. They need a legit center who can defend the rim, someone like Tyson Chandler or Brendan Haywood! 8]

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion

So Big Z, one of the softest centers in the league, and Bosh an equally soft power forward is enough size for a Miami team, but 6' 11" Frye, 7' Lopez, 6' 10" Hedo don't have enough size, ok.

Ilgauskas isn't really much of a banger and Bosh is definitely more of a PF than a center. They need a legit center who can defend the rim, someone like Tyson Chandler or Brendan Haywood! 8]
I like Z's length when you're talking about going up against guys like Gasol or Bynum or pretty much anybody not named Dwight Howard which is a start. He has had great defensive success last season. His perimeter defense is another story, though.

So Big Z, one of the softest centers in the league, and Bosh an equally soft power forward is enough size for a Miami team, but 6' 11" Frye, 7' Lopez, 6' 10" Hedo don't have enough size, ok.
Frye has shown he can't guard Gasol at all or pretty much any 4 with a post-game.. Hedo is no a big man and you need to stop calling him one. Lopez is still the only legit paint defender you have.

I don't understand what the Suns' fans mentality is when they call fucking Hedo Turkoglu a power forward and expect different results against teams like the Lakers.

Tyson Chandler defending the rim? Suuuuuure, if he can stay on the court that is lolololol.

Still I like this move for Dallas, TC has much more upside when he's healthy. And it's not like Dampier was a shining example of health either.

Darkie, honestly I think LeBron should play a point forward type of role and handle the ball initially more. I've seen how Wade's game has evolved through the years and although Wade gets an impressive amount of assists as a two guard, he's still great at creating for others. LeBron, who has played PG many times throughout his career, would be better suited for handling the ball.

Again I'm going to refer to the Olympics where LeBron was creating for everyone and getting his own.

He does avg more assists and less TOs than Wade for a reason.

Also I like the addition of Al to the Jazz. AJ is gonna work harder and is younger (albeit a bit injury prone but not nearly as much as Boozer). Yes the prices are similar and AJ doesn't have the Mid Range game that boozer does, but his post skills are superior and he has a better chance at being able to hold off Gasol (who will still destroy him IMO). Also the Jazz really needed another post threat with Okur recovering from injury.

PS Why do people think Hedo is gonna play PF in PHX? Do they understand that Orlando started Rashard Freaking Lewis at PF over Hedo? There's a reason for that.

I like Z's length when you're talking about going up against guys like Gasol or Bynum or pretty much anybody not named Dwight Howard which is a start. He has had great defensive success last season. His perimeter defense is another story, though.
No idea why you think that way. I mean, Dwight annihilated Z in 2009, he's obviously worsenow then he was back then (his PER has fallen to 12, the level of David Andersen, for cripes's sake), and Gasol's superior to Howard on the offensive end. Either Bynum or Gasol, or heck Yao from my view(he destroys all the traditional bigs in a way no one else can, but struggles against smaller guys) can absolutely destroy Z.

Ilgauskas will just completely slow them down. Do you really want a lanky 7'3 old center with shot knees who plays 0 D to have to play 25-30 minutes a night? This isnt the same Ilgauskas that was once an all star

Also yeh there is a reason Rashard played a 4 rather than Hedo... Rashard is 6'10 and can match up with some PF's, along with being much faster than Hedu. On the Suns Hedu would be the better option at the 4, on the Magic he obviously wasnt the best option Rashard was

No idea why you think that way. I mean, Dwight annihilated Z in 2009, he's obviously worsenow then he was back then (his PER has fallen to 12, the level of David Andersen, for cripes's sake)
I argue Z's production last year had more to do with coming off the bench and having inconsistent playing time by the terrible coach named Mike Brown.

and Gasol's superior to Howard on the offensive end. Either Bynum or Gasol, or heck Yao from my view
match-ups, match-ups. Howard simply overpowered him; Gasol can't 'out-finesse' him, so-to-speak. he becomes a face-up jump shooter because Z's length bothers him. same for bynum. this is from looking at every laker/cav game in the last few years.

Ilgauskas will just completely slow them down. Do you really want a lanky 7'3 old center with shot knees who plays 0 D to have to play 25-30 minutes a night? This isnt the same Ilgauskas that was once an alls tar
that's probably my only concern about having ilgauskas, but there aren't that many centers out in the market right now. he's better than doing nothing.

if they can get a physical presence i think they'll be 100% safe against all but 3-4 teams.

Tyson Chandler defending the rim? Suuuuuure, if he can stay on the court that is lolololol.

Still I like this move for Dallas, TC has much more upside when he's healthy. And it's not like Dampier was a shining example of health either.

Darkie, honestly I think LeBron should play a point forward type of role and handle the ball initially more. I've seen how Wade's game has evolved through the years and although Wade gets an impressive amount of assists as a two guard, he's still great at creating for others. LeBron, who has played PG many times throughout his career, would be better suited for handling the ball.

Again I'm going to refer to the Olympics where LeBron was creating for everyone and getting his own.

He does avg more assists and less TOs than Wade for a reason.
Chandler would be just fine health-wise playing less minutes. Haywood 28 / Chandler 20 or something like that would be fantastic.

LeBron could play more point, but they don't really have other options for offense. I think Wade would be more suited to match up with other point guards as well. See AR's post a little while ago. Both options would yield similar results and would probably be a wash, but I just get the feeling that Wade would fit better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)