NBA Season 2009-2010

Well I mean yeh, Big Z is definitely better than Pittman but Big Z cant be expected to play 25-30 minutes a night without having a negative. If he starts and plays 15-20 minutes a night then hes a solid pickup for them

i'm hearing laker fans saying bynum/gasol eat Zydrunas for lunch. am i missing something here? when has gasol or bynum ever had a good game against him?

I'm sure the Lakers bigs have had a few good games against big Z, but I don't ever remember him being a "weak point" on the Cavs in that matchup. Other than Howard I think Z is at least a decent matchup against most of the centers in this league. He'll slow the team down when he's on the court, but his presence and length can't be ignored, and his outside shot is underestimated. I still feel like the Heat need another decent big man (preferably one that's a litter rougher than Z), but this was a great pickup and cements this team as a threat even further.

The Bulls needed a post player, extra scoring punch in general, and extra rebounding, and they got it (seriously, who the fuck will EVER outrebound them? They have top 5 rebounders for their position for the entire frontcourt including a DPOY-caliber player). And with Noah, Deng (elite defender at SF), and Rose (pretty good PG defender), with Tom Thibodeau coaching that team, D is the LEAST of their worries.
You imply as if I said the Bulls won't be a better team with the addition of Carlos Boozer and Korver.

All I said was the additions don't make the Bulls an elite team.

The rotations by the Bulls should almost certainly improve with the addition of Thibodeau. Make no mistake, the Bulls are definitely a better team now than they were last season, but they're still a ways from being a legit contending team.

Also, the bad defense and meh offense comment was directed solely at Boozer, not at the entire team. His defense isn't going to suddenly become amazing just because their coach is Thibodeau and his offense is still meh against good teams. I got the feeling that's why you even bothered to post, seeing as it makes almost no sense as a direct response to what I posted.

Gonna get my opinions on the past few moves later.

Bulls miss out on Reddick, promptly pick up Brewer (or maybe the sequence was even opposite). Hopefully he fits with them better, he is a completely decent sixth or seventh man.

Suns trade Barbosa and some dude I didn't even know we had (Dwayne Jones?) for Hedo Turkoglu...what the FUCK?! We're giving up our best 6th man/easily starter material/fan favorite guard for some fucking forward? When we already have how many forwards, not counting the 2 we just drafted?

Why why FUCKING why? I wonder if it wouldn't be too traitorous to hop on the Miami bandwagon for the next 5 years...

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Leandro doesn't fit the new playstyle at all, he can't play defense against the other SGs in the league and with the emergence of the Dragon he can't play PG, Leandro wasn't even the best player on the bench last year, Dudley, Lou, Dragic, Frye, were all better off the bench, he was barely in the rotation and with Childress now assuming the backup SG role he was the odd man out. Yes he had good years, but he no longer fits the current Suns dynamic and it was time to let him go.

Suns trade Barbosa and some dude I didn't even know we had (Dwayne Jones?) for Hedo Turkoglu...what the FUCK?! We're giving up our best 6th man/easily starter material/fan favorite guard for some fucking forward? When we already have how many forwards, not counting the 2 we just drafted?
lol suns organization.

um Joe Johnson threw a fit and was going to be disruptive to the team if let stay around; the rest yes those were purely stupid money moves

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
yeh how about how they traded Luol Deng/let Joe Johnson walk/ trading Rondo for scraps?
Deng was traded due to a prior agreement with the Bulls that included a second round pick, a future first rounder and $3 million in cash for Deng.

Rondo was traded with Brian Grant for a future first rounder.

Joe Johnson left because he wanted to be the man and the Suns gave in and got Diaw and 2 first rounders out of it.

All of these moves had reasons behind them, not just "money," and the Suns got something out of each one, if you want to talk about pure money moves, Rudy Fernandez was traded for just cash in 2007 and Sergio Rodriguez was traded for cash in 2006. The biggest money move was Kurt Thomas, 2008 first rounder, 2010 first rounder to the Sonics for a conditional second rounder and an $8 million trade exception. Rondo was an unknown until the big three in Boston were formed, so none of these moves were "bad," and the Suns didn't even miss a beat without Joe Johnson and the Hawks ended up overpaying to keep him.

And despite the Suns image of being cheap, they have been paying the luxury tax for years now and despite making moves what people call bad or puzzling, they still manage to make the playoffs consistently and even the WCF last year despite people writing them off. The Suns organization is far from the worst, go look at the Timberwolves, Clippers, 76ers, Warriors, etc, and you will find organizations that can't hold a candle to the Suns in terms of making good moves and fielding a winning team year in and year out.

If Lebron has any brains hes got to get rid of his entire entourage and guys like Maverick Carter. Carter was the brains behind "The Decision", which just led Lebron to be hated more. Now Carter is making Lebron look even worse with the whole scandal behind the 10k Lebron Jersey necklace that an Akron woman bought for 5 dollars at a yard sale 4 years ago.

Also, it just seems more and more that plans of these 3 joining forces have been planned out since the Summer Olympics. Honestly this just makes it worse for Lebron as it becomes more obvious his heart was always set on leaving Cleveland to combine with these 2, which means he basically put on a show just to waste everybody's time in the end

Lastly Loki, I think this one paragraph from that article best sums up Lebron's free agency

"Chicago officials never directly requested Rose to reach out with a call, and the young point guard felt James could’ve always reached out to him had he wanted to discuss the possibility of playing together. James needed to be courted, needed to be wooed and apparently it surprised him there was a star who wasn’t falling over himself to do that."

And despite the Suns image of being cheap, they have been paying the luxury tax for years now and despite making moves what people call bad or puzzling, they still manage to make the playoffs consistently and even the WCF last year despite people writing them off.
but they still don't go past expectations or anything..

do good in the regular season, choke in the post-season.

Deng was traded due to a prior agreement with the Bulls that included a second round pick, a future first rounder and $3 million in cash for Deng.

Rondo was traded with Brian Grant for a future first rounder.

Joe Johnson left because he wanted to be the man and the Suns gave in and got Diaw and 2 first rounders out of it.

All of these moves had reasons behind them, not just "money," and the Suns got something out of each one, if you want to talk about pure money moves, Rudy Fernandez was traded for just cash in 2007 and Sergio Rodriguez was traded for cash in 2006. The biggest money move was Kurt Thomas, 2008 first rounder, 2010 first rounder to the Sonics for a conditional second rounder and an $8 million trade exception. Rondo was an unknown until the big three in Boston were formed, so none of these moves were "bad," and the Suns didn't even miss a beat without Joe Johnson and the Hawks ended up overpaying to keep him.

And despite the Suns image of being cheap, they have been paying the luxury tax for years now and despite making moves what people call bad or puzzling, they still manage to make the playoffs consistently and even the WCF last year despite people writing them off. The Suns organization is far from the worst, go look at the Timberwolves, Clippers, 76ers, Warriors, etc, and you will find organizations that can't hold a candle to the Suns in terms of making good moves and fielding a winning team year in and year out.
I will agree there's worse organizations out there, but for what it's worth Sarver is still a stingy bastard...I can't help but feel if Colangelo and D'Antoni were still here, we would have had a championship by now.

I will agree there's worse organizations out there, but for what it's worth Sarver is still a stingy bastard...I can't help but feel if Colangelo and D'Antoni were still here, we would have had a championship by now.
Colangelo? The same moron who's utterly screwed up everything in Toronto?

Rockets get Brad Miller, and there's rumors that we could cash in some of our players (honestly, we have 15 guranteed contracts, and everyone besides Jeffries and Andersen deserves playing time) for Iggy, with the deal proposed being Ariza+Jeffries+Hill+picks for Iggy and Jason Smith. We do that, I think we're clearly #2.

Colangelo? The same moron who's utterly screwed up everything in Toronto?

Rockets get Brad Miller, and there's rumors that we could cash in some of our players (honestly, we have 15 guranteed contracts, and everyone besides Jeffries and Andersen deserves playing time) for Iggy, with the deal proposed being Ariza+Jeffries+Hill+picks for Iggy and Jason Smith. We do that, I think we're clearly #2.
That 100% depends on Yao being healthy and able to play a full season again. If he can, even without that trade I still think they could be top 4 in the West but that completely depends on the health of Yao

So the Heat's roster seems to be shaping up well. They got Haslem and Joel Anthony back, which gives them since depth (Anthony is a solid defensive center, not like the need more offense out there), got Big Z, and are in talks with Carlos Arroyo to get him back (who is a solid and smart PG, even though he lacks defensively). Not bad, they will clearly be one of the elites in the East, but we'll see how it goes in the playoffs.

Yep. I also forgot about Mike Miller! They can maybe go with Wade/Miller/Lebron/Bosh/Haslem late game, I think that is pretty deadly and their best offensive lineup.

I live 15 minutes from Philadelphia. I've watched Iggy since college both on TV and live. I owned him in a fantasy league.

The Houston Rockets DO NOT want Andre Igoudala. Please Morey, don't make the first mistake of your pristine career.

What's wrong with Iggy?

sidebar: here's an interesting question; let's say LeBron goes on to win 8 titles and becomes an all-time great, should the Cavs retire his jersey? What if he utterly chokes in South Beach?

Or maybe they should just retire Jordan's 23 instead 8]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)