New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - UU Edition

Whatever, it worked on Shoddy, it'll work next year. Just thought I'd put it out there, and as far as I've seen Walrein is pretty bad.

Serebii recently uploaded a dex of Events.
Cacnea (therefore Cacturne) getting Encore, Corphish (Crawdaunt) & Psyduck (Golduck) both getting Water Spout.

proof is Here:
http://www.serebii.net/events/2005.shtml

to quickly find do Ctrl + F, then type in the Find box "Water Spout", then delete, then try it for "Encore".

Additionally, Pichu can learn Surf in the same page, which means its Surf movepool as a Pikachu isn't as limited. (Pokemon Box Event).

Shellder gets Teleport, and Icicle Spear in a 2006 Event:
http://www.serebii.net/events/2006.shtml

Golduck: @ Choice Scarf

Modest/Timid
252 Speed, 252 SpA, 4 SpD

Water Spout

Hydro Pump
Hidden Power Grass
Ice Beam

H
its much harder than Modest Blastoise' Water Spout by far: out speeds max Speed base <81 Scarfed Pokemon (Milotic, Vensaur, Blaziken, Blastoise, etc.) out speeds both the defensive and Offense Altaria after 1 Dragon Dance (Altaria is 5 base Speed slower, and never uses Jolly), and if Timid, it can out run non-nature variants of Scarfed 90+ Base Speed Pokemon like Moltres, Hitmonlee, Rotom, Arcanine, Uxie.

G
olduck could go Timid with Choice Specs and still out speed a large portion of the UU metagame.

Golduck: @ Choice Specs

Modest / Mild
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 SpD
Cloud Nine

Water Spout

Ice Beam
Psychic / Cross Chop
Hidden Power Grass

C
loud Nine removes Sunny, stops Cholorphyll Pokemon from sweeping, and traps Solar beam users so Ice Beam can KO.
Regirock in Sandstorm is removed of the Special Defense boost, takes super effective damage from Water Spout, & Hail Teams are torn apart with Cross Chop or Hidden Power Grass hitting Cloyster, Pilowswine, Glaceon or Walrein; taking away Snow Cloak, or Ice Body.
R
ain Teams are also weakened because they lose their Speed, Health, and Power boosts making Pokemon like Omastar, Qwilfish, Kabutops and Toxicroak easy picking for Golduck's Hidden Power Grass or Psychic Attacks. Either way Golduck could even be used with Damp to stop Pokemon like Registeel, and Weezing from blowing up, while now being able to benefit from the Rain.
W
ith Golduck being the 3nd strongest Water Spout in the game, behind Kyogre and Octillery, Golduck can still pack enough of a punch to make even the UU tier cringe, and hopefully rise above the NU tier.

Nidoqueen: @ Black Sludge

252 HP / 200 Def / 12 SpD / 44 Spe
Timid

Disable
Protect
Stone Edge / Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock
Earthquake / Roar

Scout/Heal with Protect (especially against Choiced / Mixed Sweepers), Disable their attack after Protect, set up on any other moves they use, and Attack with EQ against foes. By scouting for their best move, you can Disable it and then force them to switch, whether the move they used is an attack or a support move. Additionally, with switching and stalling, Nidoqueen benefits from having a Toxic Spiker on the field.

Have Nidoqueen supported with Entry Hazards, honestly, this is to Stall, and force switches, so entry hazard support is necessary, otherwise use Stealth Rocks / Toxic Spikes over Stone Edge.

Yea so i've been using this Steelix, and it's actually worked amazingly well

Steelix: @Leftovers
Sassy

Gyro Ball
Substitute
Curse
Roar/Stone Edge

EV's: 252 Hp/ 4 Atk/ 252 SpeD
IV's: 0 Spd

Pretty much sent in Steelix on something that can't touch it at all. Proceed to Sub as they switch, and depending on what they send in next, Roar, SE, Gyro Ball, or Curse. Gyro Ball is amazing with Curse, while Roar can rack up SR damage against things like Moltres, while SE is used if you want to kill the fire types outright. Pretty much the only thing that this is destroyed by are bulky waters, which you can just install a counter for

I dunno, relying on Gyro ball for a curser's primary attack seems pretty iffy to me, even with the massive damage boost from Curse. That 8 PP is going to disappear pretty fast, especially without Sleep Talk.

Alakazam Lead Set

Anti-Lead Kazam
Item:Focus Sash
Ability:Inner Focus
Nature:Timid

Moveset:
Psychic
Focus Blast
HP Rock
Shadow Ball/Signal Beam

EVs:
32 HP 220 Spe 252 SpA

I made this set in the Era of the common leads being Moltres, Ambipom and Froslass. The set saw great success when Honchkrow was still around as it was often coupled with Froslass, giving the HP Rock more usage than just LO Moltres. Psychic is there for STAB and hitting things I can't hit for SE damage. Focus Blast is used for anything Normal, Dark, or Steel namely Ambipom, Registeel and Houndoom. FB does 42.9% - 50.5% to the standard UU Tank Registeel(252/156) and Houndoom is absolutely obliterated(HP Rock if you don't like the risk of the 70% does 65.1% - 76.7% to it). Psychic is a guaranteed 2hko on Ambipom if you don't think they'll U-turn fist turn. HP Rock as previously mentioned was originally put for Moltres but works great for Scyther and anti-lead Arcanine as well. A Moltres has to have significant investment in both HP and SpD to survive as even with 252/252 + nature it takes 65.6% - 78.1% from it. The last slot comes down to preference, though I prefer Shadow Ball as Ghosts like Rotom and Mismagius are a common switch into this lead.

EV's allow for outpacing Positive Base 115 Pokemon as HP Rock takes an IV point from Speed. 252 SpA on the highest SpA in the metagame is never a bad thing. The HP Ev's are the remainder and could be put into Def or SpD if you'd prefer.

The bad news of this set is that like all other Zam sets it is completely destroyed by Spiritomb(though most will pursuit allowing a free Shadow Ball (20.8% - 24.6% defensive which isn't a total shamble) and Chansey(FB does 29.3% - 34.6%).

I'm open to ideas or criticism so hammer away.

I believe Serebii has made a mistake. Psyduck learns Mud Sport not Water Spout:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokepark#Pok.C3.A9mon

As for Nidoqueen, run Impish Nature, and the set looks OK, but its lack of recovery outside of Black Sludge, and its lack of offensive power means it isn't going to beoverly useful.
Yeah, though I didn't replace Mud Sport for Water Spout, instead I inadvertantly replaced the standard Water Sport move with Water Spout. Same with Shellder & Teleport (I mistyped its index value there, it was meant to be withdraw) Not entirely sure how that error occured but alas, live and learn.

I apologise for inconvenience caused

I've been thinking of a new set for Miltank for a while since I wanted to use it as a surprise with its 100 base speed. This is a prototype of what I want it to be.

Miltank @Leftovers
Jolly
Thick Fat

-Body Slam
-Zen Headbutt
-Milk Drink
-Substitute/Heal Bell

134/100/50/0/120/100 EVs

Jolly on Miltank plus 100 spe EVs are so it can outspeed both Venasaur (bar scarf) and Moltres and most other problematic pokemon.

134 HP Evs make Miltank's HP 364 so that Leftovers and Substitute divide evenly.

I wanted to divide up the rest of the EVs so that Miltank could keep its bulk while being able to still dish out some damage. Here is a list of some calcs to show what I mean.

Miltank Zen Headbutt vs. LO Physical Venusaur : 41.9% - 49.8%
Miltank Zen Headbutt vs. Mixed Venusaur : 44.8% - 53%

Special Sweeper Moltres Fire Blast vs. Miltank : 42.9% - 50.5% (!)
Special Sweeper Moltres Air Slash vs. Miltank : 53.6% - 63.5%
SPecs Moltres Fire Blast vs. Miltank : 49.5% - 58.5%

Miltank Body Slam vs. LO Tank Milotic : 25.5% - 30.4%
LO Tank Milotic vs. Miltank : 56.3% - 66.8%

As you can see, the only real problem would be Milotic. Venasaur could be 2HKO by Zen Headbutt and Miltank could take a Fire Blast from Moltres and Milk Drink it off. If someone wishes to test this out, be my guest. Feel free to pick it apart if you want, just no flamming :)

Houndoom@ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 158 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe/ 100 Atk
-Fire Blast
-Nasty Plot
-Sucker Punch
-Dark Pulse

(Note: I DID NOT invent this. I found this in Shnoogle's RMT, and I believe he got it from someone else.)

This thing is so amazing! It's a Nasty Plot Houndoom, but with different EVs/ Nature, and Hidden Power [FLYING] is replaced with Sucker Punch. After a NP, Houndoom is often revenge killed by faster pokemon such as Sceptile, Alakazam, Mismagius, and Dugtrio, too name a few. With sucker punch however, you can OHKO all of these threats, and others. (Honestly, do you even use HP anyway?)

Yeah the Houndoom set is pretty standard nowadays, and no one is using Hariyama to stop Houndoom so it works.

@xenoxeran: the set doesn't look that bad actually, but you could put in Rock slide over the unnecessary Sub/ Heal Bell to better take on Moltres.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I just theorymon'd the lulziest set ever (Massive gimmick, most likely won't work):

Medicham @ Leftovers
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Nature: Lonely
-Power Trick
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Psychic

After a Power Trick, Medicham becomes lol bulky!! Then, Calm Mind up, Recover off the damage. I know Dark types completely wall this, but whatever, it's not meant to be a competitive set.

(Yay, first post ever!)

This one is fairly recent, a bit gimmicky too, but it seems decent to me.

Retaliation-Turtle
Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/108 Def/148 SpD
Nature: Bold
-Surf (HM)
-Roar (TM)
-Counter (Move Tutor)
-Mirror Coat (Egg Move)

(If you don't already know, Blastoise gets Counter from Emerald move tutors.)
Anyway, the idea of the set to survive attacks from your opponent and bounce them back for a quick KO. Seeing as Blastoise doesn't have the sheer power to do that with it's own offensive moves, but has decent bulk, so this set works out nicely. Roar is for pseudo-phazing, not allowing your opponent to set up on you, then strike for a KO, or just to shuffle their team around. And Surf is just there for STAB.

@ shrang's set, wouldn't Power Trick switch Attack/Defense but ignoring the Pure Power boost?

Like this Medicham's Attack is 240 (480 with Pure Power) and its Defense is 167, but wouldn't Power Trick make it 167 Attack (334 with Pure Power) and its Defense is 240? Unless I don't know how Power Trick works with Pure Power :S

(Yay, first post ever!)

This one is fairly recent, a bit gimmicky too, but it seems decent to me.

Retaliation-Turtle
Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/108 Def/148 SpD
Nature: Bold
-Surf (HM)
-Roar
-Counter (Move Tutor)
-Mirror Coat (Egg Move)

I think that would be better with ChestoRest. CounterCoat works better when you can do it more than once. Just like everything else. Y'know, so you can kill more than one pokemon. The first slot should be Roar/Taunt. Surf so you're not Tauntbait, Roar so stuff doesn't set up.

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
I think that would be better with ChestoRest. CounterCoat works better when you can do it more than once. Just like everything else. Y'know, so you can kill more than one pokemon. The first slot should be Roar/Taunt. Surf so you're not Tauntbait, Roar so stuff doesn't set up.
It will only work once anyway....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)