ORAS UU Teambuilding Compendium [Updated Post Stage 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hoopa is better eviolite than AV user, since eviolite also give defense boost and it can use moves like nasty plot or trick room.
Actually, Hoopa doesn't evolve; it changes formes when going Unbound. Eviolite won't work on it since it only works on Pokemon that have the possibility to evolve but haven't yet.

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A Pokemon whose main purpose on a team is to revenge kill or trap certain threats, usually those who your team lacks a solid defense against is a Revenge killer. Generally characterized by high speed and frailty. -smogon's pokemon dictionairy

a pokemon thats able to finish of the remainder of the opponents team after stuff has been worn down or whatever would be a cleaner. generally happens late game.

edit: i guess to clean up a pokemon would not necessarily need to have high speed. but then again its subjective and depends on the opponents team too.

Last edited:
A Pokemon whose main purpose on a team is to revenge kill or trap certain threats, usually those who your team lacks a solid defense against is a Revenge killer. Generally characterized by high speed.

a pokemon thats able to finish of the remainder of the opponents team after stuff has been worn down or whatever would be a cleaner
Im asking because he said revenge killers but then described a job of a cleaner

e: or maybe he means finish off as in team building.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think he just meant a fast Pokemon in case your team is on the slow side

You could just call it "speed" or something

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
I also think it would be sooooo nice to have checks to top threats listed. I know this idea has been brought up before but shot down by the TLs although I never knew why

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I also think it would be sooooo nice to have checks to top threats listed. I know this idea has been brought up before but shot down by the TLs although I never knew why
so you want a seperate section just for each threat? that doesnt make any sense. wouldnt something like that would fit better in a checks and counters thread? something like what ou has.

edit: consider like suicune and gatr, those are already covered in water answers so whats the point in having something else.

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Well a checks and counters thread was also shot down and I think NU puts it in the teambuilding compendium thread. I don't really care where it goes though, a separate thread would be bomb but I just want something :(

Im asking because he said revenge killers but then described a job of a cleaner

e: or maybe he means finish off as in team building.
I meant "finish off their team" as in finishing their team building. As Ununhexium said, its for teams that need speed.

Edit: also, user Cyndequil. you have all right to give your thoughts on things, I do think you are coming off as hostile, though. No need to insult anyone or their ideas, just state why you may disagree.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
so you want a seperate section just for each threat? that doesnt make any sense. wouldnt something like that would fit better in a checks and counters thread? something like what ou has.

edit: consider like suicune and gatr, those are already covered in water answers so whats the point in having something else.

edit 2: would it be worth having a psychic checks section? including the likes of reuniclus azelf hoopa etc
There are some threats that aren't covered just by typing sections. This includes Chandelure, for example, as most of the things that can switch into Fire-type attacks can't switch into a Specs Shadow Ball; also, Porygon2 is not listed under Fire-type checks category, but it is one of the best Chand counters, so that's when it would come in handy. Nevertheless, I do feel like it could become a little cluttered and would be pretty subjective to decide which threat should be included into a Checks/Counters sections.

I know this isn't the best place to ask but can we get a order for the wallbreaker and stallbreaker section, sorry if i don't know how to tell them apart.

I know this isn't the best place to ask but can we get a order for the wallbreaker and stallbreaker section, sorry if i don't know how to tell them apart.
A wallbreaker usually carries high-powered attacking moves while a stallbreaker usually carries Taunt, status, and recovery moves. Another way to tell them apart is that wallbreakers have way higher offensive stats or damage boosting abilities.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wallbreaker use their sheer power to break or overwhelm walls (a setup move like swords dance helps them but thanks to their brutal strength this isnt always necessary). Stuff like life orb pangoro, life orb moltres, specs dragalge, feraligatr, mixed abomasnow, specs or life orb shaymin, etc

A stallbreaker is a mon that generally carries taunt but an effective stallbreaker will have taunt + a recovery move or some way to outlast opposing stall builds, like a taunt + recovery combo. Taunt + will-o-wisp + recover jellicent for example. Mons with substitute in order to avoid status also can fit in this category (sub calm mind meloetta).

Is Carbink viable? If it is add it to Dark Resist, or remove it from SR sets and dedicated Lead.

Add Clefairy to SR users, Fight and Dark Resist, mixed wall and Heal Bell.

Is Curse Gastrodon viable?

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Carbink's only real niche lies in a Trick Room lead thanks to Sturdy and access to Trick Room, Stealth Rock and Explosion. It really isn't reliable as a Dark check due to the terrible HP and inability to threaten Dark types after it comes in.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wondering a bit at the placements of Zapdos, I would think it'd be at least as good a physical wall as special, especially thanks to the fighting and steel resists. It should also be added to Specs.

Mons which are excellent checks to defensive waters without resisting scald, like zapdos and (guts) heracross, are missing from the water checks section.

Speaking of that, I feel water checks could be split into "offensive water checks" for checks to gatr/mpert/shark/etc, and "defensive water checks" for checks to cune/regpert/slowking/etc. It feels odd to have stuff like alomomola and roserade in the same section when they deal with completely different water types.

Finally, nidoqueen, salamence, entei, azelf, mega blastoise, mienshao, shaymin, toxicroak, tornadus, arcanine, nidoking, espeon, meloetta, noivern, rhyperior, virizion, zoroark, and zapdos seem to be missing from the wallbreaker/stallbreaker section. This seems like a lot for you to miss though, so maybe I don't understand what the section is supposed to be?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Made a bunch of additions and updates to the compendium. Thanks, LeoLancaster , I actually missed a lot of the wallbreakers but didn't add all the ones you mentioned.

Also, after discussing a bit with Christo, added a Ground checks section:
Ground Checks:
Some of these can come into Mamo/Krook but can't come into Nidos and viceversa. However, I'm not splitting into Physical and Special in this case, since it would clutter the thread and this is just a simple compendium to help you have a better look at your options; just choose what fits your team, we don't have to be too specific about the sections. (hope this answers your water checks section split, leo)

Thanks to Christo The Gr8 and Euphonos for helping with the Ground checks section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)