ORAS UU Teambuilding Compendium [Updated Post Stage 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo I dont know if this has already been proposed but I would like a cleaner section. From my understanding cleaners are different than set up sweepers as they set up a speed changing move or activate an ability in order to clean up injured pokemon. Examples are ..
Swampert with rain dance
Sharpedo with speed boost
Slurpuff with unburden
Reuniclus with trick room

think this would be helpful

Reactions: nv
Hello guys, I'm new here and sort of new to the competitive scene.
What exactly does it mean for a pokemnon to be a check, a pivot or a wallbreaker?

Hello guys, I'm new here and sort of new to the competitive scene.
What exactly does it mean for a pokemnon to be a check, a pivot or a wallbreaker?
Hey man, Welcome to Smogon! A check to a pokemon means it is a pokemon that can beat a pokemon 1v1, but it can not switch into that pokemon's attack. A counter, would be when a pokemon can switch into a pokemon's attacks and still beat it 1v1. A pivot is something that you can switch in to soak up an attack, and switch back out. Example: Crobat is a pivot for Fighting types as it can switch into a close combat and u turn out with out any harm done. A wall breaker is a pokemon, usually Choice Band, Choice Specs, or Life Orb, that can punch holes in walls(Defensive pokemon).

There is a tutoring project that i am apart of called Battling 101 here on the forums. You get another user that has experience in the tier you want to learn to teach you the basics of the tier. Check it out.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Thanks to all for the suggestions! I have added most of them, but left some aside, like the cleaner section. Cleaner and sweeper is exactly the same for me, and if it somehow wasn't, I doubt they would have enough differences to be listed in two different sections.

Sorry for the delay, university was using leech life on me.

So I know it'll be too early since the drops haven't happened, but tossing this out there in advance.

Smeargle to Sticky Webs / Hazards in general (not sure there) and MAYBE Stallbreakers (If said stall doesn't involve sleep talk).

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Add Smeargle to Stealth Rocks and Sticky Web, and add Venomoth to Stallbreaker due to the SubRoost Set

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hoopa really shouldnt be using scarf or av sicne it removes all of its potential to wallbreak in any meaningful capacity which is definitely the main reason to use it. Also I think P2 is a little misplaced in Water Checks since out of all the kind of just sit there and don't do anything pokemon, P2 hates the burn from Scald the most by far due to the lack of passive recovery.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hoopa really shouldnt be using scarf or av sicne it removes all of its potential to wallbreak in any meaningful capacity which is definitely the main reason to use it. Also I think P2 is a little misplaced in Water Checks since out of all the kind of just sit there and don't do anything pokemon, P2 hates the burn from Scald the most by far due to the lack of passive recovery.
Of course Hoopa's main attribute is to wallbreak, but the problem is that Hoopa can't really do much to offense due to its mediocre speed tier, which is why a Scarf set can actually be usable to leave its wallbreaking potential and have a better shot at HO teams because it still hits extremely hard. Talking about Vest Hoopa, I haven't really tried it and it might be a little biased because I like to use Assault Vest on weird mons, but it doesn't seem so bad thanks to the HUGE SpD stat. I'll try it out and check if it's worthy.

On another note, I'm taking out P2 from Water checks.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Of course Hoopa's main attribute is to wallbreak, but the problem is that Hoopa can't really do much to offense due to its mediocre speed tier, which is why a Scarf set can actually be usable to leave its wallbreaking potential and have a better shot at HO teams because it still hits extremely hard. Talking about Vest Hoopa, I haven't really tried it and it might be a little biased because I like to use Assault Vest on weird mons, but it doesn't seem so bad thanks to the HUGE SpD stat. I'll try it out and check if it's worthy.

On another note, I'm taking out P2 from Water checks.
Hoopa is still too slow even with a scarf to do anything meaningful. You lock yourself into SBall and you get pursuited instantly. Also Scarf doesn't even outspeed normal aero with a timid nature, let alone all the megas in the tier. I just don't understand how you can justify sacrificing a stall murderer for a very mediocre revenge killer.

Can we please take swampert out of CB users. Oh, and add Umbreon to Phys walls. It is a great Phys wall esp with access to FP which can OhKO boosted threats while they cannot OHKO Umbreon.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hoopa is still too slow even with a scarf to do anything meaningful. You lock yourself into SBall and you get pursuited instantly. Also Scarf doesn't even outspeed normal aero with a timid nature, let alone all the megas in the tier. I just don't understand how you can justify sacrificing a stall murderer for a very mediocre revenge killer.
This is a Teambuilding Compendium to help builders see what they have at their hands in a graphic way. Jolteon's never used because Helio/Rotoms will be better most of the time; however, we still have it here because there might be one time when it may come in handy or fit your team better than Heliolisk (there are plenty of examples like this with other Pokemon). I'm not saying Scarf Hoopa is better than the wallbreaker one, but it still have its merits and that's why I have added it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)