ORAS UU Teambuilding Compendium [Updated Post Stage 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here are more changes I think should be added but I missed earlier. Zoroark and Cloyster for priority users, they have Sucker Punch and Ice Shard respectively. Nidoqueen for phazers, Roar / Dtail. Tornadus for Bulk Up. Forretress for physical Dragon checks. Mega Aerodactyl for hazard control. Omastar for Toxic Spikes.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Here are more changes I think should be added but I missed earlier. Zoroark and Cloyster for priority users, they have Sucker Punch and Ice Shard respectively. Nidoqueen for phazers, Roar / Dtail. Tornadus for Bulk Up. Forretress for physical Dragon checks. Mega Aerodactyl for hazard control. Omastar for Toxic Spikes.
Ahh, cool, added all. Forretress already was under PDragon checks, though.

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well here are yet more changes I think should be added but missed. Mega Sharpedo for Knock Off switch-ins, Mega Absol is listed there and Mega Sharpedo is bulkier so I think it should be added. Porygon2 for Physically Defensive, no idea how it isn't there considering it's in Specially Defensive and Mixed lol. Mega Banette for Fighting checks. Escavalier for special Dragon checks, Whimsicott is decimated by Fire Blast as well yet it's there so adding this should be fine. Heliolisk for Choice Scarf, the set is pretty semi legit. Feraligatr for Agility, rips offense after priority users are gone. Darmanitan for wallbreakers, I might be hallucinating and not be seeing it there for some reason but if it isn't it should be there lol. Mega Glalie for priority users, Ice Shard. Lastly, Moltres to Fighting check, hazard control and U-turn users.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Well here are yet more changes I think should be added but missed. Mega Sharpedo for Knock Off switch-ins, Mega Absol is listed there and Mega Sharpedo is bulkier so I think it should be added. Porygon2 for Physically Defensive, no idea how it isn't there considering it's in Specially Defensive and Mixed lol. Mega Banette for Fighting checks. Escavalier for special Dragon checks, Whimsicott is decimated by Fire Blast as well yet it's there so adding this should be fine. Heliolisk for Choice Scarf, the set is pretty semi legit. Feraligatr for Agility, rips offense after priority users are gone. Darmanitan for wallbreakers, I might be hallucinating and not be seeing it there for some reason but if it isn't it should be there lol. Mega Glalie for priority users, Ice Shard. Lastly, Moltres to Fighting check, hazard control and U-turn users.
Implemented all of the above bar Moltres to Hazard Control, rofl. Thanks, bro :]

Kreme

Implemented all of the above bar Moltres to Hazard Control, rofl. Thanks, bro :]
No problem, I saw Defog Moltres being used on a stall team once that put in work so that's why I suggested it in the first place :P it's fine if it doesn't make the list though (I can see why it wouldn't XD)

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok here are some things that I have to offer up:

Dark Checks/Knock Off Switch-ins:

I see the lack of Mega Steelix here as well as most Megas that, while not necessarily Dark-type checks, can switch into Knock Offs, such as Mega Swampert and Mega Blastoise. Mega Houndoom as well.

Will try to add more later but these are the initial ones I saw that were missing.

Kreme

Since Mesprit is in Dual Screens, it should probably be added to Stealth Rock as well. Nidoking could probably be added to Stealth Rock as well. Noivern for Fighting checks. Emboar for Choice Band users, Wallbreakers, Dark checks / Knock Off switch-ins and Priority users. Mega Aerodactyl for Fire checks.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
  • Krook to stallbreakers, Taunt is becoming increasingly popular, it can set up SR and Knock Off cripples Pokemon commonly found on defensive teams. Choice Band set can effectively wallbreak too
  • Jolteon to Volt Switch-ins and pivot
  • Heliolisk to pivot
  • Bronzong to defensive pivot, comes in easily with its good bulk and resistances and can set up SR
  • Escavalier to Swords Dance, can completely destroy defensive teams

Suggestion: baton pass mons added to the U-Turn/Volt Switch spot because they function sort of similarly, or more ideally a baton pass section which could include mons like Togetic (can easily take a hit, NP, take another and pass).

LilOu

PO poopyhead
  • Added some Megas to Knock Off switchins.
  • Added Mesprit to Stealth Rock users.
  • Added Nidoking to Stealth Rock users.
  • Added Noivern to Fighting checks.
  • Added Emboar to Dark checks, Fire checks, Choice Band users, Priority users and Wallbreakers.
  • Added Mega Aero to Fire checks.
  • Added Krookodile to Stallbreakers and Dark checks / Knock Off switchins.
  • Added Jolteon to Volt Switchers and Offensive pivot.
  • Added Heliolisk to Offensive Pivot.
  • Added Bronzong to Defensive Pivot.
  • Added Escavalier to Swords Dance.

About the suggestion by teal6 , will think of how should I add them later, thanks :]

Thank you so much for this LilouOn! I refer to this often. Some samall changes I would like to see happen,

Hitmontop for Priority Users: Its got technician mach punch and bullet punch which can save you from slurpuff.
Hitmonlee for Priority Users: Offensive spinner that's been getting more attention.
Tangrowth for Physical Dragon Checks: HP ice and massive bulk to take a plus one outrage. Forces opponent to go for the outrage or switch out. Outrage doesnt kill and you switch to a fairy or mega aggron to finish if no prior damage. Regenerator heals back up after taking the hit. Its Effective and I saw Cresselia in there. Its ice beam doesnt kill just like tangrowths hp ice.
Sigilyth* for cosmic power
Slowking for Phazers
: Been seeing dragon tail assault vest in high ladder.
Thats all for now but I have more I can do later. Thanks again!

Thank you so much for this LilouOn! I refer to this often. Some samall changes I would like to see happen,

Hitmontop for Priority Users: Its got technician mach punch and bullet punch which can save you from slurpuff.
Hitmonlee for Priority Users: Offensive spinner that's been getting more attention.
Tangrowth for Physical Dragon Checks: HP ice and massive bulk to take a plus one outrage. Forces opponent to go for the outrage or switch out. Outrage doesnt kill and you switch to a fairy or mega aggron to finish if no prior damage. Regenerator heals back up after taking the hit. Its Effective and I saw Cresselia in there. Its ice beam doesnt kill just like tangrowths hp ice.
Slowking for Phazers
If you're adding Hitmonlee, add it to Rapid Spin users as well as priority? Your post mentions Rapid Spin...

LilOu

PO poopyhead

Slowking for Phazers
Thanks for the kind words, bro :] Here are the changes:

• Added Hitmontop to Priority users.
  • Added Hitmonlee to Hazard Control, Choice Scarf users and Priority users.
  • Added Sigilyph to Cosmic Power and Fighting checks.
  • Added Slowking to Phazers.
  • Tangrowth was already under PDragons check. (happens to me too)

Kreme

Uxie, Mesprit, Fletchinder for Fighting checks. IronBullet mentioned this one but it isn't added for w/e reason so Jolteon for Volt Switch-ins. Gourgeist-XL for Fighting checks, Physical walls, and Water checks. Ferroseed for Dragon checks, Physical and Special.

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hitmonlee doesn't belong in Choice Scarf users. It's 100% outclassed by Mienshao, unless scarfed Rapid Spin is an actual niche.

Kreme

Barbaracle and Omastar for Flying checks, they're bulkier than Kabutops. Barbaracle for Stealth Rock. Cloyster for Toxic Spikes. Uxie for Physical, Special and Mixed walls. Registeel for Mixed walls. Blissey for Special Dragon checks. Tangrowth for Water checks. Mega Camerupt for Wallbreakers.

I don't know if it's already been suggested (or i missed it in the small letters but i dont think so) but I'd really appreciate a part for mons who set up trick room

Last edited:

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Sorry for the delay with the update of this. I have been really busy with tournaments / other projects (rip conquest) and irl stuff, but here it is:

• Added Barbaracle to Flying checks and Rocks users.
  • Added Omastar to Flying checks.
  • Added Cloyster to Toxic Spikes users.
  • Added Registeel to Mixed Walls.
  • Added Blissey to Special Dragons checks.
  • Added Tangrowth to Water checks.
  • Added Mega Camerupt to Wallbreakers.

Now, thanks to the new tier shift, I've removed Alakazam from the compendium and I've added Mamoswine and Mandibuzz to the following sections:

Mamoswine:
  • Stealth Rock users
  • Dedicated Leads (Sash + Endure(lol) Endeavor + Rocks + Oblivious)
  • Physical Dragon checks
  • Volt Switch-ins
  • Wallbreakers
  • Priority users
Mandibuzz:
  • Hazard control
  • All walls
  • Dark checks / Knock off switchins
  • Physical Dragons checks
  • Phazers

I'm still doubting of Gallade, it's sucky. Also will add a TR section later.

Last edited:
Can we add Mandibuzz to Pivot and Fighting Check?

Access to u Turn and Defog puts it in a similar position as Crobat, so its a great pivot along with fantastic bulk.

An uninvested BB can almost cleanly ohko most fight types in UU (Hera, Mienshao, Infernape, Machamp, Pangoro, Virizion, gallade lol) while being able to either tank a SE hit or outspeeding in the case of Machamp and Pangoro.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Can we add Mandibuzz to Pivot and Fighting Check?

Access to u Turn and Defog puts it in a similar position as Crobat, so its a great pivot along with fantastic bulk.

An uninvested BB can almost cleanly ohko most fight types in UU (Hera, Mienshao, Infernape, Machamp, Pangoro, Virizion, gallade lol) while being able to either tank a SE hit or outspeeding in the case of Machamp and Pangoro.
I don't think it is that good at checking fighting types, you're better off running Crobat over it. The fact that Mandi doesn't resist fighting + it faces the pressure of defogging makes it kinda unreliable:

• 252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Mandibuzz: 174-205 (41.1 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Mandibuzz: 220-259 (52 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 228 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Mandibuzz: 152-179 (35.9 - 42.3%) + 28 SpA Life Orb Infernape Overheat vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 203-239 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I think mixed Mandibuzz does a far better work than just full physical, which doesn't check fighting types as we would like to. Regarding the pivot thing, I forgot it got U-turn. Added.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I feel like if Mandibuzz is in Physical Dragon Checks then it should be in Special Dragon Checks as well. The Specially Defensive set (arguably the better set imo) allows Mandibuzz to take on the likes of Hydreigon, Mega Sceptile, and even Special Mence.

252 SpA Life Orb Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Mandibuzz: 188-224 (44.4 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

-2 252 SpA Life Orb Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Mandibuzz: 95-113 (22.4 - 26.7%) -- 95.6% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Mandibuzz: 117-138 (27.6 - 32.6%) -- 82.9% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Mandibuzz: 89-105 (21 - 24.8%) -- 16.7% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Mandibuzz: 208-246 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

-2 252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Mandibuzz: 105-125 (24.8 - 29.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Mandibuzz: 238-282 (56.2 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

-2 252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Mandibuzz: 120-142 (28.3 - 33.5%) -- 97.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Also I say we should add a Nidoking / Nidoqueen Checks section as they are a major thought in my head when it comes to teambuiding. You could add things like SpDef Mandibuzz, Cresselia, Bronzong, etc.

That is all for now, hope I can contribute more to this. It is a fun little project, :)

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I have been thinking of this a lot and I really like the idea of adding a Checks section to the major UU threats, such as the Nidos, Hydra, Chand, Cune, etc, because if you don't have a way to deal with them, you are pretty much done, so having a visual list of what you can use without always relying on the same mons will increase creativity when teambuilding as well as easing the proccess. I'll ask a mod for permission, hope you guys like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)