ORAS UU Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
+
+

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

A simple yet very effective core. Choice Band Entei is a very good wallbreaker that can wear down a lot of Gyarados' common checks such as Zapdos and Empoleon as they hate being burned. SubDD Gyarados is a very effective win condition and can easily snowball the opponent. Lastly, Mega Sceptile takes care of bulky Water types such as Swampert and Suicune that Entei can't handle. Entei also takes care of special walls like Florges for Mega Sceptile while Mega Sceptile takes physical walls for Entei.

Last edited:
Reserving Swampert-Mega + Rotom-Mow + Infernape

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 184 Atk / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

I've used this core some weeks ago, with an Hyper Offense team, and it works very well. How you can see, Swampert-Mega has a lot of Speed EVs, but, why? With 140 EVs it is able to outspeed a 72 EVs Blastoise-Mega (Blastoise-Mega Speed: 210. Swampert-Mega Speed: 211). I choose the Bulky Stealth Rock set because Infernape and Rotom-Mow are great partners with Hazard Support, and a Rain Dance set will enable Infernape's Fire Blast when it need to attack. Rotom-Mow has the Choice Scarf set because it can outspeed some threats of this core, such as +1 Gyarados, +1 Feraligatr, Alakazam and Mega-Beedrill, or just trick it's item with a annoying wall, such as Cresselia. Infernape grants the final coverage. Infernape has Gunk Shot to demolish Florges after Stealth Rock or other damage, Grass Knot to defeat with ease Swampert, and it's STAB Moves that can defeat some threats to the core. That was it! Hope you enjoy and sorry, my english is terrible...

Last edited:
Reactions: rs

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Mega Blastoise + Rotom-Heat + Roserade
EDIT: Mega Houndoom + Tentacruel + Virizion

+
+

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sucker Punch / Flame Charge

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

This is an offensive FWG core that I had some success with. NP Houndoom and SD Virizion are threatening sweepers which a lot of teams are unprepared for. Both of them appreciate Tentacruel's ability to set up T-Spikes to wear down their checks/counters and pressure them to a point where they can be overwhelmed by a +2 boosted attack. Additionally, Tentacruel provides crucial Knock Off and Rapid Spin utility. This is mainly an offensive core but it also has decent defensive synergy: Houndoom's immunity allows it to come in on a predicted Psychic attack, while Tentacruel holds a bunch of important resists like Fairy, Fighting, Fire and Ice. Virizion switches into Knock Off and Scald, arguably the two most spamable moves in the game, but can also take a Ground or Electric attack for Tentacruel. Sucker Punch on Houndoom provides much appreciated priority against fast threats like Alakazam and Mega Beedrill, which trouble the core, while Flame Charge can turn Houndoom into an extremely fast sweeper, especially in combination with a NP boost.

Last edited:

Threw

cohiba
+
+

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Shard

Here's a cool offensive core. The most interesting Pokemon here is Cloyster, who's been getting a bit of love lately, all very justified. It's a very capable sweeper and is still overlooked a bit too often.

Mega Sceptile has trouble getting past dedicated special walls like Florges and Blissey and is taken out by Mega Aerodactyl and some other mons that outspeed it via Choice Scarf. After setting up Shell Smash, Cloyster easily handles most of these common checks, including those pesky Scarf users such as Darmanitan. M-Scept, in turn, deals with the bulky Waters that halt Cloyster's attempts at a sweep.

The foes capable of handling both of these threats include exceptionally bulky Pokemon like Cresselia and Porygon2, and Blissey is still a major threat, as it can survive at least one round of Icicle Spear and paralyze Cloyster with Thunder Wave, effectively crippling it and rendering it useless. Enter SubCM Chandelure, the vaunted stall breaker, who resists the moves all three of these Pokemon commonly use (Moonblast, Tri Attack/Ice Beam, Seismic Toss) and can therefore comfortably Substitute and set up on them. In addition to its offensive capabilities, Chandelure, if played intelligently, can counter or at least check any Fire-types that would seek to stop Mega Sceptile as well as switch into Fighting-type priority aimed at Cloyster (especially from NP Infernape).

Probably the most questionable aspect of the sets is the fact that I've chosen Ice Shard over Explosion on Cloyster. Normally the latter would definitely be the better option, but Whimsicott is very dangerous for this core (it checks M-Scept and Encores Cloyster and Chandelure into their setup moves), so Ice Shard is useful for beating it to the punch and 2HKOing the defensive set before it can lock Cloyster into an unfavorable move.

Last edited:
reserving chandelure / swampert / whimsicott
+
+

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain / Stun Spore
- U-turn

So this is a nice balance/ BO core consisting of SubCM Chandelure that has ended the lives of fat teams since XY, combined with a Swampert and Whimsicott for some overall anti-offense utility. Swampert takes care of a few scary things to Chandelure, namely Aerodactyl, provides a nice electric immunity for the core along with rocks phazing, and the greatest move to ever grace competitive pokemon, scald. Whimsicott works to check other scary stuff like Hydreigon, Krookodile and bulky waters and uses Encore to help give Chadelure more opportunity to get behind a sub and CM, along with stopping scary set up sweepers like DD mence. Whimiscott and Swampert also do a pretty good job of luring in Fire types, mostly like NP Ape and Entei which give Chandelure free turns (if Entei is locked into anything but Stone Edge). Since the core is painfully slow other than Whimsicott, Stun Spore is also a pretty nice option to provide speed control. Overall, not a very complicated core, just the best combination of mons to complement SubCM Chandy imo.

Last edited:
Reserving M-Sceptile/Swampert/Entei

+
+

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Blade
- Focus Blast

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

I like this core to death, there is so much going on here that helps each other it is a bit mental.

You have Entei and M-Sceptile for offensive pressure and Swampert to come in and take in nearly all physical hits they need covering on. With the biggest issue for both Sceptile and Entei is Mamoswine, Pert can come in on anything it wants to of Mamo's and either force it out set up rocks or just attack and hope for a burn on scald. And will Perts unfortunate Single Weakness to grass types, pairing him with 2 pokemon that resist grass type moves is simple and easy to deal with.

I just love it.

Last edited:
Reserving M-Toise/Chesnaught/Linda

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Fletchinder is very hindered by Stealth Rocks and Water types. M-Blastoise is a very consistent spinner that can switch into and put pressure on most rock setters. Chesnaught rounds out the core as a strong check to Water types, as well as providing hazard support to assist Fletchinder in cleaning opposing teams. Fletchinder also provides a solid Florges counter with recovery to cover up M-Blastoise and Chesnaught's weakness.

Last edited:
gotta go with nv and xMarth, linda is cool ngl, and entei + gyara is already broken

sad to see this project go, it's where i made my first couple of posts. gen 7 is soon upon us though :]

Reactions: nv

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I didn't want to group this in with my vote, because I wanted to make it a bit more personal, but I just have to say congratulations to the wonderful Shiba for an amazing project and being a really great friend. He has ran a really amazing project and while I am sad to see this thread finish, it is finishing on a happy note. I am also happy to see what Shibae has in store for the UnderUsed subforum next as he comes up with consistently great teams, is a great battler, and has a great overall presence.

I loved this project and I love you Shibae. n_n

Sobi

Banned deucer.
nv
xMarth

Edit: also, out of curiosity, is this project going to be revamped for version three?

Last edited:
Reactions: nv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)