Platter of Vegetarian Beef (OU RMT)

First off I would probably run a Focus Sash Azelf, since one you trick, you're basically screwed, and Sash is generally the better option to use with setting up Stealth Rocks. With the sash you're free to attack other leads as well, not just trick and flee. That's really a personal preference, but I truly believe it's the better option.

I noticed that you have a pretty big SD Lucario weak. After one SD and with SR present it can possible 6-0 your team. Since your Zapdos isn't bulky at all, he really won't help. I would probably suggest that you make your zapdos a little more bulky, this is a spread that I run:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid (+ Spe, - Atk)
Evs: 252 HP, 76 Speed, 182 Sp. Attack
Pressure
- Thunderbolt
- Heat wave
- Hp Ice/Toxic
- Roost

This spread allows you to outspeed Adamant Lucario, and then the rest of the spread gets you some bulk while still allowing you to do some damage. You could even shift over the Sp. Attack Ev's towards Defense if you want to be bulkier, but since it seems like you like using him as an attacker I would probably stick with that Spread. If you're worried about Jolly Lucario, than you can run 176 Speed, and you outspeed Adamant Lucario.

I also probably think that a Offensive Suicune could fit over your Gengar right now. It still counters what Gengar is "countering" while providing bulk and a pretty good defensive check in. It gives you another check in to Heatran who can pretty much run through this team after they realise you're running a CB Lax who can't heal itself.

Speaking of CB Lax, if that's working for you keep using it by all means. But if it starts to slack off, I would really think about using a CurseLax or just a RestTalk lax since it really want's a reliable way to recover health. He is your only check into Gengar/Heatran, and when he's taking at least 30+ damage every time he switches in, he's gonna go down early and gonna leave you in a deep hole throughout the game. If you do take the advice on giving Snorlax a way to restore health, consider a MoP Cross over your Infernape. MoP Cross is a great late game sweeper, and he could probably give you a great offensive threat to this game, and a decent switch into Tar. (Machamp won't like switching into CB Earthquakes to much.) Consider Stone Edge over Bulk Up so that he can be a decent Restalker and not get walled to hell by Rotom, Gengar, and other pokemon of the like. And also so he won't be "Set up fodder" for Gyarados/Salamence, who won't think twice before DD'ing up on a Stone Edgeless Machamp.

I'll check back in a bit to see what your thoughts about these suggestions are.
I'm not sure what the set for MoP Cross is, you have to post it.

Most of the time, when Azelf tricks it usually gets a focus sash in return and if the opponent has Choice Scarf or Band, I usually U-turn out to something that can take it.

I don't have a problem with Lucario because most of the time when Zapdos switched in Luke SDs, and I Heat Wave him to oblivion.

I will try Suicune, but the main reason Gengar is there is to take care of the Rotom forms, which Suicune is obliterated by.

SoT, you are the perfect example of a person who gets crushed by this Machamp. As I said for the 4th time, Snorlax and Gengar take care of all the ghosts that need to be taken care of. Ill put a scenario here. (assuming all ghosts and other threats are taken care of).

sora13 sends in Machamp
SoT sends out Gyarados
Gyarados uses Dragon Dance.
Machamp used Dynamic Punch. Gyarados is confused! (I don't care about damage as of now.
Gyarados is confused! Gyarados hurts it self in confusion(Waterfal doesn't KO anyways)
Machamp used Bulk up
(After a bunch of Bulk ups.......)
Gyarados uses waterfall. (does little damage by now)
Machamp used rest(Machamp is usually low health by now). Machamp fell asleep.
Machamp used Sleep Talk. Machamp used Dynamic Punch. Gyarados is pwned.

This is starting to make me think that I have to put a log in here. I just need to know how to put the log in(I'm not good at using html)

You're right about the part about how they won't hesitate to DD up on him. That's what makes him so potent. The point is to get them to be confused, the only reason why use Dynamic Punch on the first turn, and Bulk Up until it doesn't matter if Dynamic Punch is resisted or not. Besides, Gyarados and Salamence can easily revenge killed while as they DD, I switch in and Gengar and use super effective moves. So you see, there is nothing to worry about.

I added a log of Machamp working. Read it before you say anything about Gengar, resistances, blah. Bumping because of all the changes to the team

I am finally convinced of what pokemon I am going to use over Snorlax, Weavile, and Metagross, and the pokemon is Scizor. He is defensive and can take a beating and has Roost. He'll make an extremely good defensive core with SciDosChamp.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MoP cross is:

Heracross @ Salac Berry
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 Def
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Close Combat/Stone Edge

If you set this thing up late game, nothing will be able to stand up to. I would think it would be a better late game sweeper than your Infernape, since just the raw power this thing brings to the table, and usually you'll be behind a sub with a Speed boost and a 2+ attack boost.

As for your lucario weak, if SR is in play, and you send in your Zapdos. An Extremespeed will KO you since you're not running a bulky set, however you do have a Gengar to sorta keep that in check, but beware of bullet punch Lucarios. As for your choice on the Scizor, with that you are now even more Heatran weak than you were before. You honestly have nothing that can really switch into a Heatran besides your Machamp, and after switching in multiple amount of times, it's gonna break you down. I really really reccomend that you find a bulky water to throw into the bix, if you're worried about Rotom, why not just run a CursePert, he can set up on them (bar the not so common Lawn Mower) and he can be a great offensive threat. I don't know if you'd be willing to give up a slot since you really seem set on using the ones you currently have.

And by all means, if you like that set continue using it. I'm just worried about it because it seems that a smart battler would figure out what you're running and just set up on you. Be it Skymin, or be it Salamence. If it's running Roost and DD, you're in for a long time since either you're gonna run out of pp, or they're gonna be setting up on you while Sleep Talk continues using Rest + Bulk Up. It's really just that set seems to situational for me, but it is your team and I respect that.

MoP cross is:

Heracross @ Salac Berry
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 Def
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Close Combat/Stone Edge

If you set this thing up late game, nothing will be able to stand up to. I would think it would be a better late game sweeper than your Infernape, since just the raw power this thing brings to the table, and usually you'll be behind a sub with a Speed boost and a 2+ attack boost.

As for your lucario weak, if SR is in play, and you send in your Zapdos. An Extremespeed will KO you since you're not running a bulky set, however you do have a Gengar to sorta keep that in check, but beware of bullet punch Lucarios. As for your choice on the Scizor, with that you are now even more Heatran weak than you were before. You honestly have nothing that can really switch into a Heatran besides your Machamp, and after switching in multiple amount of times, it's gonna break you down. I really really reccomend that you find a bulky water to throw into the bix, if you're worried about Rotom, why not just run a CursePert, he can set up on them (bar the not so common Lawn Mower) and he can be a great offensive threat. I don't know if you'd be willing to give up a slot since you really seem set on using the ones you currently have.

And by all means, if you like that set continue using it. I'm just worried about it because it seems that a smart battler would figure out what you're running and just set up on you. Be it Skymin, or be it Salamence. If it's running Roost and DD, you're in for a long time since either you're gonna run out of pp, or they're gonna be setting up on you while Sleep Talk continues using Rest + Bulk Up. It's really just that set seems to situational for me, but it is your team and I respect that.
I am testing MoP Cross and I will see how he does. Machamp has never had trouble disposing of Heatran which is scared out easily and Fire Blast only does about 40%. Dynamic Punch is an OHKO if im not mistaken. As for Skymin and Salamence, Gengar can revenge both of these two. After a few bulk ups, Outrage does pathetic damage.

I really don't see how your opponent hurting themselves 6 times in a row makes Machamp better than Tyranitar, especially with a STAB move with low PP, as well as not hitting everything. If the opponent has a ghost type, you are screwed. Another thing, CurseTar has sandstorm on its side, thus its special defense is far higher than Machamp's could ever be.

I agree with SoT that MoP Cross could be great on this team, but I'd like to emphasize that the ability to use on that set is swarm (to bring Megahorn's power to ridiculous levels), and to set your HP IV to 30. You can then activate swarm and salac after 3 subs, and ko some stuff before you abruptly faint due to ss or hail.

I really don't see how your opponent hurting themselves 6 times in a row makes Machamp better than Tyranitar, especially with a STAB move with low PP, as well as not hitting everything. If the opponent has a ghost type, you are screwed. Another thing, CurseTar has sandstorm on its side, thus its special defense is far higher than Machamp's could ever be.
It's not the damage, it's the ability to get a free few bulk ups without the opponent damaging him. Oh and another thing, I always takesp care of ghosts before striking with Machamp. Machamp still has respectable Sp Def

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)