Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were required to use Cut (and maybe Strength) in BW1, and you needed Surf in BW2 (don't remember if you needed any other).
You only needed to use Cut once, in fairness. Everything else was optional

You didn't need any other move other than Surf iirc. Strength's shortcuts were now more useful, but none of the others were required.

I don't get it. You didn't have to have any HM users in your party during Gen5, because all of the situations that would require one never impeded your ability to complete the main story.
It's not about the story, it's about getting to in important place just to do something.
Ex. Pokestar Studio for the special star animation, the GTS (back in Gen 4 anyway) for global trading, The Day-Care for breeding...all of these require you to either go there by foot, fly, surf, or bike you way there.

But Super Training HAS NO FACILITY so we won't need an HM slave for once to do something important.

Did anyone notice in the Super Training video that Sylveon was shown to be at Lv.2?

This confirms a couple of things for me.
1. Sylveon MOST LIKELY evolves from Eevee via Happiness while holding an item, so it won't become an Espeon or an Umbreon.
2. Sylveon probably doesn't evolve from a new evolution stone.
3. Sylveon probably doesn't evolve from the time of day.

What do you guys think? It's also nice to know that you can go RIGHT into Super Training your pokes after they hatch.

Did anyone notice in the Super Training video that Sylveon was shown to be at Lv.2?

This confirms a couple of things for me.
1. Sylveon MOST LIKELY evolves from Eevee via Happiness while holding an item, so it won't become an Espeon or an Umbreon.

What do you guys think? It's also nice to know that you can go RIGHT into Super Training your pokes after they hatch.
Considering it was a Magneton Balloon with 1500 hits instead of a Geodude balloon with 400 hits, isn't it more likely to be Level 2 Super Training

I thought a Super Training facility was mentioned at one stage?

And someone pointed it out on the map
You may be thinking of the Tower of Mastery, which is connected to Mega Evolution. If not that, I think it was speculated that there would be an area?

Considering it was a Magneton Balloon with 1500 hits instead of a Geodude balloon with 400 hits, isn't it more likely to be Level 2 Super Training
Especially when you see that Sylveon's Japanese name is nowhere on screen. The only connection to the Pokémon-in-training on that screen is the BST chart.

Last edited:
It's going to be weird when game freak actually surprises us with the new download legendaries this gen.
What Im excited for is the possibility of compatibility patches. That way you could battle with Z/xy2 or whatever and they could add more drastic changes like new moves and pokemon

This is something trollfreak would do. Eevee has a ME that changes its type to Dragon. After MEvolving for the first time, it will immediately have the ability to permanently evolve into Sylveon, but only once. If you decline the evolution into Sylveon, Eevee will remain, but you can MEvolve it whenever you want, prerequisites satisfied of course.

This is something trollfreak would do. Eevee has a ME that changes its type to Dragon. After MEvolving for the first time, it will immediately have the ability to permanently evolve into Sylveon, but only once. If you decline the evolution into Sylveon, Eevee will remain, but you can MEvolve it whenever you want, prerequisites satisfied of course.
That doesnt make sense at all
While Eevee does typically showcase new evolution methods it seems more likley that each Eon will get a mega since NFE pokemon dont seem to get one

Wouldnt it make more sense for it to just evolve when you use a Moon Stone on it, considering Jigglypuff is now fairy type and thats how it evolves?

Yes but only one per team.So you can't use more than one mega evolved Pokemon in one battle.
Uhmmm, that's the beauty of it, though. It's an extention of picking your favorite(s) to play with in-game, which is something they've been doing for a long time now.

I wonder if every Mega Evolution would be equal in terms of viability. Probably not. In my opinion, Mega Blaziken seems to be the most powerful of the revealed ones. Maybe Mega Pokemon wouldn't break the Metagame. But if Blaziken stays in Uber, then literally everyone will dump Blaziken for Mega Blaziken, because it has increased Attack and Special Attack stat and still retains Speed Boost. And something like Thick Fat Venusaur loses out on a wonderful ability in Chlorophyll. Maybe we'll start seeing Defensive Venusaur more often. And poor little Charizard will probably be bumped up to RU or UU.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
And something like Thick Fat Venusaur loses out on a wonderful ability in Chlorophyll. Maybe we'll start seeing Defensive Venusaur more often. And poor little Charizard will probably be bumped up to RU or UU.
Please stop spreading these uncomfirmed lies. We do not know if it is just their original ability which is changed. Blaziken KEEPS its dream world ability, and may gain a different ability when non Speed Boost Blaziken is used. The same could apply to all the other starters which have been released (As in mega Venu could keep Chlorophyll, just like Blaziken kept Speed Boost). Game Freak are deliberately not letting us get a hold of a huge amount of info to keep us guessing and guessing.

At 14:38, this Nintendo rep specifically says "As a player, it's fun to imagine how each Pokemon will turn out with Mega Evolution. I want to see what happens to every single Pokemon, how they will all look as Mega Evolutions."

CoroCoro said that not every Pokemon will get Mega Evolutions, but I think this pretty heavily implies that most if not all fully evolved pokes will be able to MEvo. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)