Sticky Pokemon Direct - 6th June Discussion - Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
While overall I am really excited about all of this, eugh those forms are U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi.

Pretty much the staple over-complicated mess we accuse some Gen4 and Gen5 pokemon. Which would make it quite a lot like B2/W2's Kyurem forms, to be honest.

Still I'm glad Alola is getting a story expansion after Kalos got left hanging, and I'm excited about the potential of expanded post-game content (which is a trend commonly added when Gamefreak has us revisit old regions).

Surprised they are releasing this early though, seems Gamefreak is really going for a new main series game every year.

Still I'm glad Alola is getting a story expansion after Kalos got left hanging, and I'm excited about the potential of expanded post-game content (which is a trend commonly added when Gamefreak has us revisit old regions).
And don't forget move tutors, the main appeal of revisited versions for competitive players.

*cue Game Freak moving tutors to the Festival Plaza*

(I'm personally hoping that "alternate story" means no Lillie hogging the spotlight with her meaninglessness)

While overall I am really excited about all of this, eugh those forms are U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi.

Pretty much the staple over-complicated mess we accuse some Gen4 and Gen5 pokemon. Which would make it quite a lot like B2/W2's Kyurem forms, to be honest.

Surprised they are releasing this early though, seems Gamefreak is really going for a new main series game every year.
They have officially released all the event mons found in the data mines so a new game was to be expected, but yeah the expectation of one a year might be a dangerous one for lower quality and worse story lines

Reactions: JES

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think expecting new Alolan Formes and/or Z-Moves is a decent bet. Maybe new Megas too, but that's honestly just wishful thinking on my part.

I don't think we'll get new Ultra Beasts, but I won't be surprised if the existing ones get new formes.

I don't think we'll get new Ultra Beasts, but I won't be surprised if the existing ones get new formes.
More interesting than that is move tutors for Ultra Beasts. With their weirdness, who knows what they can get? For all we know Kartana could end up with a strong Steel-type move.

(Also, they better give Kommo-o Drain Punch. And perhaps Shell Smash like that illegal Battle Tree set)

Everyone's talking about the new sequels and I'm just sitting here thinking

MEGA BLASTOISE CAN USE CONFUSION NOW!

Edit: Nvm, Zap Cannon's event only :(

Last edited:
Everyone's talking about the new sequels and I'm just sitting here thinking

MEGA BLASTOISE CAN USE CONFUSION AND ZAP CANNON NOW!
Zap Cannon = shit accuracy, Confusion is too weak. Get Hidden Power Psychic/Electric instead.

Haven't found any interesting move from G/S yet.

Ok, upon closer inspection the new Lunala and Solgaleo forms don't actually look 'merged' with Necrozma in the same sense as Kyurem and Rashiram/Zekrom. It seems like the legendary beasts are wearing Necrozma as some sort of armor. Perhaps this has some connection to the new black z-crystal we saw in the trailer.
My crack theory now is that Z-Crystals are somehow tied to Necrozma--shards of its body or something like that. It IS the prism pokemon after all. And I'm calling it now: the "new" pokemon are new UBs.

Yo folks, take the time to make sure your posts are something beyond a quick and contentless statement. Half of this page is one sentence replies. If your post is better fit for a chat message than a forum post, you ought to bulk it up a bit. If you want to chat, hit up OI's Discord.

If you want a few spotlights of interesting GSC movesets, I highlighted a few on the previous page. Confusion Blastoise is definitely on the cute side of addition, more fun trivia than anything. Keep in mind with z-crystals, a lot of mons can find value out of these really shitty attacks. Mud Slap in particular helps a lot of things; Groundium-Z Zapdos is a set that's been thrown around a few times in bss / bsd doubles discussions when Marowak was ultra popular and GSC makes Mud Slap + Static legal.

Sorry for making a successive post, but there's a couple things I've noticed about the new forms.

First of all, Lunala, the superior legendary, looks better than Solgaleo with the armor, so I win again.

Second, the forms (sans the armor) are all monochromatic, using different shades of the same color. Even their attack forms still retained much of their highlights, such as Lunala's golden outer wings.

Necrozma's name is partly derived from Necro, meaning death. Necro also ties into Necromancy, meaning communing with or reviving the dead. In fiction, it's very common for spirits/ghosts to be monochrome, usually a shade of blue. Perhaps Necrozma took the souls of the legendaries, and is using said souls to control its destructive urges? Could this be the fate of Nebby in this alternate timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)