Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

ZippyDoo200

Banned deucer.

I know he’s a bad dude but damn Ric Flair is uber talented at cutting a promo. This has been replaying in my head for months at this point.

A Jinder reign would be far far worse... Don't forget his reign in 2017.

I'm fine with Drew or Punk beating him but DEFINITELY NOT Jinder.

We haven't had a short title reign in ages. A Jinder win would be a fun moment, would further infuriate Tony Khan, and then Jinder could easily lose back the title to Rollins or a Priest cash in. By WrestleMania we will still get Rollins vs Punk for the WHC, and the hype and build will still have the same intensity.

Putting it on Jinder would instantly de-value the title and undo all of the work Seth did establishing it in the first place. If you want a short transitional reign so bad, put it on Drew or have Priest cash in. Anyone but Jinder.

I hated everything about that Day 1 segment ngl... especially Rocky's stuff. His 'disses' these days just don't hit the same and to me it was super cringe and dragged on waaaay too long (though I guess they had to kill time because of Vinci's injury cutting that tag match short). And Jinder wasn't particularly good in that segment either - not sure what you were watching to think he was "cooking" lol.

Has been since he returned in 2011. PG Rock just ain't it, even though he's able to bend the rules of PG... his material still sucks.

But the crowd still eats up everything he says and does so good for him ig.

No it is Jinder's fault. It doesn't matter how WWE uses him - he's a boring wrestler.
I don't think you are TOTALLY WRONG, but booking is still all power in who's got the pen.
If the plan is leading to Seth(/or Punk after Mania) vs Drew they gunna have the champ handle Jinder leading up cus their ties.
I will say; while yes.... the Jinder champ era wasn't great, he was wonderfully personable and appreciative of that run so while yes I'll never say "Make him champ again." I don't look back on his run so bad [IN THAT SENSE - in ring yeah, at best = mid] cus "The guy was a fucking champ in spirit, appreciating it all." as hokey as that sounds go back and look, he was.
His media interviews were fun cus you could both see and hear his smile - Think he deserved it or not, you want that from a champion.
Makes the kid in you go "Yeah, I feel you, cus gimme one chance with the belt, I'd be over the moon too" lmao.

Long story short I'm Team Don't Hinder the Jinder (but not anti-Hook, maybe anti TK talking so much tho lol) - solely cus he was so clearly on cloud 9 then and you love to see that for ANYONE. [but maybe stop just plugging bro in randomly if you wanna use his championship history] loool

HOOK wasnt done any favors with TK talking so much (and I'm an AEW main guy that just loves wrestling, still think let it be ----- if people think Jinder is trash let it show Seth carried him to a mid match and let people talk about it, THE OWNER OF THE OTHER COMPANY dont need too, this aint WCW vs WWF lol)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)