SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

> Has an Ability called Hyper Cutter
> it doesn't buff cuts
> make a new ability that buffs cuts instead

Shame
The description talks about the Pokemon taking pride in its pincers, and it primarily given to crab pokemon as well as the Gligar line, Mawile, Pinsir, and Trapinch. It's a bug thing.
Please let it be the official list (it's a fangame one) !:View attachment 464087
Breaking Swipe is a tail attack. Meteor Assault is hitting the opponent wildly with a leek.
We just came from a Gen where a starter were havily spammed for having a priority 90 base power grass move with grassy terrain up.
Imagine a grass move that always crits on top of a protean mon that can tera-grass and get super stab.
Grassy Glide is base 70 not 90
Is the Tinkaton line the only genderlock?

Anyone know if smoliv is, kingambit is or if any other mons in game are?
Why would Kingambit be genderlocked? It evolves from Bisharp.
Also we've seen male Smoliv, so unless this is a Vespiquen/Salazzle thing it's no.

watching the stream of SV and the guy seems to be getting his ass kicked by the Ground type E4 lol.. maybe there is difficulty??

edit: not sure if this was reported but Clodsire still has Water Absorb as one of its abilities which is pretty nifty to cover Ground weakness, potential Tera options too

watching the stream of SV and the guy seems to be getting his ass kicked by the Ground type E4 lol.. maybe there is difficulty??

edit: not sure if this was reported but Clodsire still has Water Absorb as one of its abilities which is pretty nifty to cover Ground weakness, potential Tera options too
Eh, most of the time the people who stream these games (at their own risk even, DMCA is a real thing) are bad players and have no clue what they're doing. I wouldn't base my judgement on it.

I wouldn't mind the games being remotely hard, but considering you can't even use Set mode, I just expect them to be easy as usual as far as you have basic pokemon knowledge.
(Would be glad to be proved wrong)

Kingambit is just the localized name like how the line's JP names don't have the Chess theme. I'm sure you can have your Female Bisharps evolve into Female Kingambits alongside the Female Mr. Rimes
Yeah for sure, thanks for explaining Was just giving an example haha, didn't think it was but figured I'd ask!

Edit: did not realize we had seen a male smoliv. Must have missed

I think EXP scaling is more obvious too, he only gained about 1.9k from taking down a Level 58 Clodsire too, from a Level 51 mon (although I haven't watched all of this stream, they could've skipped trainers, rotated etc but their team is really underlevelled, even their starter is Lv55 with the Lucky Egg)

Eh, most of the time the people who stream these games (at their own risk even, DMCA is a real thing) are bad players and have no clue what they're doing. I wouldn't base my judgement on it.

I wouldn't mind the games being remotely hard, but considering you can't even use Set mode, I just expect them to be easy as usual as far as you have basic pokemon knowledge.
(Would be glad to be proved wrong)
still super easy unfortunately

I feel like this is one of the stupidest ways possible to rework hail

Sand boosts Sp Def bc rock mon famously have good Def but bad Sp Def. It makes Rock mons better bc it actively looks at what stat they need help with

Ice mons on the other hand aren't really anywhere as lopsided, their def and sp def isn't really a gap. Everyone knows that Ice's main issue is that its weak to a lot of types while only resisting one. Overbloating your defenses is not going to make that change.

You're instead just making most your Ice mons into Avalugg (who isn't exactly great) because the weather decided to prioritize symetry with sandstorm over actually looking at what buffs Ice would appreciate

I'm not a fan of how they approached this, personally. It feels more like givibg fans wish fufillment over thinking what would actually be a good Hail rework
I wouldn't say it's stupid though. It may not be as good as the SpD buff on Sand but it's a much needed buff for Hail and Ice-types. Hail's lack of defensive strategies only gives it a Slush Rush and Aurora Veil offense playstyle. Slush Rush users and other fast Ice types such as Weavile and Shell Smash Cloyster would appreciate the defense boost a lot to tank priority hits. Also, Articuno with the defense boost in snowstorm would be very bulky, so it will be interesting to try it out!

Rain is highly symmetrical to Sun in many ways so I'd say Hail being symmetrical to Sand makes sense as well.

Hammer girl gets Skitter Smack! so they seem to be incorporating the tutor moves from SWSH into regular movesets (Although I think I recall someone saying the electric bird got Dual Wingbeat?)

Very late to the party so missed a lot, anyone tell me if there’s more images of the poison flower rock thingy? Looks interesting, but hope it’s not just a floating flower

Also any compilation of base stats yet? And full Pokédex of non gen 9 mons ??

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
View attachment 464065

HUGE nerf to Recover! Oh man, down from 32 PP back in gens 1-3 all the way to 8PP!
If this happens to go through, this will probably be the biggest change to competitive Pokémon since team preview, because stall has always been so prevalent in Competitive Pokémon but now a lot of people will have to fall back on Regenerator (Heavy) and Pressure will be much more useful for PP stall. Ultimately I think it's better for the Metagame (since people despise stall) but we will see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)