SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

or khu is simply guessing that a dragon-type mon based on a moth caterpillar will evolve into a dragon moth. it's really not that difficult to come to that conclusion on your own. ever notice how many of the things he does "get right" turn out to have been really obvious in retrospect?
I would say that all (accurate) leaks should be obvious in hindsight by nature, because it's trivial to point out what they are referring to after the content is released, but also criticizing Khu for just getting the obvious right is a first considering his whole reputation. He and Kaka leaking the whole Paldea dex in prerelease is certainly obvious to confirm after the game has released, but I wouldn't say it was particularly obvious to guess based on the 3 prerelease trailers at the time, and many other fake leaks have failed to do so. Even the most recent idea of a Dipplin evolution was something heavily debated in this thread up until the Eviolite confirmation.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
https://www.reddit.com/r/stunfisk/comments/18g48pw
found this on r/stunfisk, it's most certainly fake (court change tm?????? shed tail scrafty??????? shift gear golurk??????? revival blessing comfey??????LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO), but it's at least fun for speculation and for a laugh.
It apparently comes from a 4chan leak that also supposedly leaked how the new type works + 4 new abilities

1702331291991.png

New Abilities:
> Degradation - Doubles the effects of stat changes the Pokémon inflicts.
> Toxic Lock - The Pokémon ensnares poisoned opposing Pokémon in corrosive chains that prevent them from fleeing or switching out.
> Terapace - Reduces the power of supereffective attacks that hit the Pokémon.
> Terafraction - If the Pokémon has Terastallized, changes its Tera Type to the type of the move it's about to use.

- The 19th type is called Astera in English
- It starts out with completely neutral matchups, but its properties and the matchups of Tera Blast change the first time you use a move to match the type you selected, like Protean; it basically lets you pick a Tera Type every time you come in, but it's limited to moves you have in your set
- Celestial Terapagos works like Ogerpon's forms, so Terapagos can only have Astera for its Tera Type outside of battle
- Because of Terafraction, its matchups continue to change, so it's more like pre-nerf Protean

Take it with a grain of salt as you would with any 4chan leak, but like. Game comes out in three days anyways and its not like there's much else to talk about so might as well entretain ourselves with this lol

The main thing that istantly disqualifies this leak is here
> Terafraction - If the Pokémon has Terastallized, changes its Tera Type to the type of the move it's about to use.
If the "Astera" type (which is a very poor pun on Aster and Tera) already works like this, and Terapagos is like Ogerpon locked into that tera type, why does it need an ability that does the same?
That would only make sense if the 19th Tera was locked to Terapagos, and we already know it's not the case from official news.

Also worth mentioning that an ability that is strictly related to Terastal and does nothing else is unlikely to happen, because we know Terastalization will be gone next generation. Even the Ogerpon abilities, while linked to its tera forms, are otherwise functionally just Intrepid Sword 2.0.

Edit: also by the way, an actual Tera Type change would require a graphic change on top of it to not confuse people, and that'd be absolutely atrocious on the eyes. Can you imagine a Terad pokemon change its tera crown every round? :|

So nah, reddit has to try harder.

Last edited:
If the "Astera" type (which is a very poor pun on Aster and Tera) already works like this, and Terapagos is like Ogerpon locked into that tera type, why does it need an ability that does the same?
That would only make sense if the 19th Tera was locked to Terapagos, and we already know it's not the case from official news.
Also worth mentioning that an ability that is strictly related to Terastal and does nothing else is unlikely to happen, because we know Terastalization will be gone next generation. Even the Ogerpon abilities, while linked to its tera forms, are otherwise functionally just Intrepid Sword 2.0.
i guess it could be that astera on most mons is nerfed protean while terapagos' ability makes it so it has unnerfed protean? and it could be an ability locked to tera'ing like embody aspect, so it wouldn't be a huge deal for future games that have terapagos but no tera. that being said the supposed datamine having typos kinda disprove this leak anyways so whatever lol

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
The main thing that istantly disqualifies this leak is here

Edit: also by the way, an actual Tera Type change would require a graphic change on top of it to not confuse people, and that'd be absolutely atrocious on the eyes. Can you imagine a Terad pokemon change its tera crown every round? :|

So nah, reddit has to try harder.
Ngl even if this turns out to be fake, idt it's that unlikely for there to be a tera-exclusive ability? We already have a move directly tied to Tera with Tera Blast and it'd be exclusive to a form that can only be accessed through tera (and its not like they'd be handing out legendary sig abilities any time soon anyways). If nothing else, I think "Terapagos Big Form will have a tera-based ability" and "Peach traps poisoned opponents" are the most believable bits abt this whole thing

View attachment 578742
incineroar going hollywood no way
I kind of feel bad knowing an actual human was behind this and typing every line out by hand but it's just so hard to read through.

1702335423998.png

1702335068473.png

1702334569474.png

1702334379559.png

1702332495208.png

1702332587634.png

1702332606852.png

1702332799363.png

1702332981496.png

1702335592760.png

Missed | for HA in the made up format.
1702333900175.png
(Mud-Slap)
1702335896221.png
(Double Team)
1702333024508.png

1702334990689.png

1702335006961.png

1702335016064.png

1702333746908.png

(Laser Focus is a removed move that only appears in Duraludon's learnset but not Flygon's. Very unlikely to return as a sig.)

1702334683055.png
1702334688586.png

1702335766817.png

Legendary bait aside I thought Rapid Spin Alcremie was funny, I'm surprised it didn't already get it.

1702335831084.png

Trailblaze and Chilling Water showing up in level up learnsets is a choice too. I get you want to replace Leaf Tornado but the point of them is being only learned as TMs.

Also here's my thoughts on the other pastebin.
1702334060409.png

1702334080672.png

1702334473919.png

I really have to doubt that a new electric signature move on a paradox would have no flavour at all about dropping an electric blast or something like the website shows.

1702334158527.png

1702334167078.png

1702334176177.png

The full Heal Block description was also missed and shortened for some reason.

1702336437792.png

I just wanted to say the name Tauros-Paldea-Aqua is just a Smogon/Showdown thing which is how you can tell this was written by a fan and not a leaker. Any data dump would just call it Tauros-3 or whatever.

1702336204556.png

1702336172299.png

Also, they completely forgot TM173 Charge exists despite including mons that learn Charge.
They also didn't add any TM005 learners despite listing Mud-Slap (and "Mud Slap"). Overall pretty sloppy.

Ngl even if this turns out to be fake, idt it's that unlikely for there to be a tera-exclusive ability? We already have a move directly tied to Tera with Tera Blast and it'd be exclusive to a form that can only be accessed through tera (and its not like they'd be handing out legendary sig abilities any time soon anyways). If nothing else, I think "Terapagos Big Form will have a tera-based ability" and "Peach traps poisoned opponents" are the most believable bits abt this whole thing
Tera Blast is obviously just going to be gone next gen, but what I meant is that even if the ability directly interacted with tera, I don't see them making it literally mention terastal into it. Or it could just become a bland "normal 80 BP special vanilla" like the former Dynamax-influencing moves just became "deal damage".
But the ability to both specifically mention Tera *and* just be a clone of the 19th tera type, that's just another of the obvious mistakes.

The "poison shadow tag" i could believe, and honestly I would regardless expect the peach pokemon have an ability somewhat connected to Toxic Chain, but I don't think it'll be a shadow tag. It's a universally hated kind of ability even by VGC players due to enabling degenerate strats like Perish Song, I sure hope the devs wouldn't make another one.
(Let's not forget that likely intentionally, there hasn't been another Shadow Tag or Arena Trap pokemon since gen 6, Alolan Dugtrio very intentionally didn't get it)

I agree with DHR-107 there, there's no reason to even give any credit to this kind of bait. They may even have got one or two things right, but they're probably just throwing massive bunches of informations toghether and hoping one or two actually make sense.

As much as I despise the person, I'd only really take Khu's posts seriously.

If we're going with the 19th Tera Type ("Terastral"?) being like Gen 8 Protean (this comes with enough drawbacks over sticking to one defensive type you don't have any moves for that I can actually believe this), yes, I can imagine the Tera crown changing to make one type symbol giant and in front every turn.

This is likely falsity, which is sad, because some of these supposed additions seem really cool. We did have something similar close to Teal Mask release too.
EDIT: If that leak turns out to be true, I’ll eat my shirt. Possibly, no promises.
I kind of feel bad knowing an actual human was behind this and typing every line out by hand but it's just so hard to read through.

View attachment 578770
View attachment 578769
View attachment 578763
View attachment 578761
View attachment 578743
View attachment 578744
View attachment 578745
View attachment 578749
View attachment 578750
View attachment 578772
Missed | for HA in the made up format.
View attachment 578754 (Mud-Slap)
View attachment 578780 (Double Team)
View attachment 578751
View attachment 578766
View attachment 578767
View attachment 578768
View attachment 578753
(Laser Focus is a removed move that only appears in Duraludon's learnset but not Flygon's. Very unlikely to return as a sig.)

View attachment 578764View attachment 578765
View attachment 578777
Legendary bait aside I thought Rapid Spin Alcremie was funny, I'm surprised it didn't already get it.

View attachment 578779
Trailblaze and Chilling Water showing up in level up learnsets is a choice too. I get you want to replace Leaf Tornado but the point of them is being only learned as TMs.

Also here's my thoughts on the other pastebin.
View attachment 578755
View attachment 578756
View attachment 578762
I really have to doubt that a new electric signature move on a paradox would have no flavour at all about dropping an electric blast or something like the website shows.

View attachment 578758
View attachment 578759
View attachment 578760
The full Heal Block description was also missed and shortened for some reason.

View attachment 578784
I just wanted to say the name Tauros-Paldea-Aqua is just a Smogon/Showdown thing which is how you can tell this was written by a fan and not a leaker. Any data dump would just call it Tauros-3 or whatever.

View attachment 578782
View attachment 578781
Also, they completely forgot TM173 Charge exists despite including mons that learn Charge.
They also didn't add any TM005 learners despite listing Mud-Slap (and "Mud Slap"). Overall pretty sloppy.
Wow, this falls apart like toilet paper under a waterfall under just a little bit of investigation.
I am going with the United States Justice System and say its fake until proven real
EDIT: Cant wait for real leaks to exist and for Roi to update the DLC Sheet
3 more days

Last edited:
Something to note here from ElChicoEevee (typically datamines Pokemon Unite and various models from games, so has a fair amount of credibility);

12 slots have been found and we only know about 8(?) so far (4 Paradox, Peach, Terapagos, Archaludon, Applin4) so that means 4 potential new Pokémon?

Formes are apparently counted differently.

Personally, I don't think this means 4 new Pokémon, it probably is just due to models and Eevee is mistaken, or misunderstanding. and I can't imagine Khu would pass up the opportunity to relish in the attention.

But hey! It creates some genuine datamine-based conversation until Thursday.

Something to note here from ElChicoEevee (typically datamines Pokemon Unite and various models from games, so has a fair amount of credibility);

12 slots have been found and we only know about 8(?) so far (4 Paradox, Peach, Terapagos, Archaludon, Applin4) so that means 4 potential new Pokémon?

Formes are apparently counted differently.

Personally, I don't think this means 4 new Pokémon, it probably is just due to models and Eevee is mistaken, or misunderstanding. and I can't imagine Khu would pass up the opportunity to relish in the attention.

But hey! It creates some genuine datamine-based conversation until Thursday.
I think that one of the dataminers pointed this out before

I think the assumption after digging deeper was they jus tput a gap between the TM pokemon and the ID pokemon?

Right ok, I found what I was thinking of

It was a separate internal listing that left gaps for the Pokemon.

I think I was conflating gaps with an unrelated thing in smash bros, where they put in a gap of index spaces when they started up dlc in smash 4.

If I had to have an earnest guess here: the last 7 numbers are for the new ID Pokemon and one of the earlier numbers is meant for either Peach (since Ogerpon leads the section and they might have wanted to mark it as important to kitakami) or Dipplin2 (since the gaps in matt's post leaves one next to it, though it would be odd to list it earlier). The remaining 4 numbers were either a buffer or to account for any mythic plans; we know there's one in the oven so maybe it could occupy one of the slots and its possible they put 2 more in to fill in the remainder of the generation if they so choose.

Alternatively, could have just been cut Pokemon I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)