Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, since I still don't / refuse to understand standard probability:

Razor Fang. I'm getting conflicting results across Serebii, Smogon, Bulbapedia, etc. so percentage wise, its a 90% chance it's a 10% flinch chance, same as King's Rock, and a 10% chance it's a random-ass 11.7% flinch rate if Serebii is to be believed. But, let's just assume Serebii is stupid and it's 10%.

I have a Garchomp holding Razor Fang, using Dual Chop / Protect / Rock Slide / EQ in Doubles. Assuming Rock Slide / EQ hit two targets, what exactly are my flinch chances with each move (ignoring accuracy)?

Does anyone want a free Icy Snow pattern Scatterbug egg?

It's in a Luxury ball, will hatch female with Timid nature, Shield Dust ability and IVS 31/x/31/31/31/31. No egg moves unfortunately.

VM me if you want it :)

Hi everyone, Does anyone has a Shiny Relaxed Tyranitar (for the Smooth Rock Set)? I would rather offer only my own things and I´m quite poor (Lol) so I can only offer legendaries at the moment. I have a Bold Suicune and a Impish Regirock with these spreads respectively: 30/x/31/30/31/31 and 31/30/31/x/31/31. Thanks for reading and helping. :)

Ok, since I still don't / refuse to understand standard probability:

Razor Fang. I'm getting conflicting results across Serebii, Smogon, Bulbapedia, etc. so percentage wise, its a 90% chance it's a 10% flinch chance, same as King's Rock, and a 10% chance it's a random-ass 11.7% flinch rate if Serebii is to be believed. But, let's just assume Serebii is stupid and it's 10%.

I have a Garchomp holding Razor Fang, using Dual Chop / Protect / Rock Slide / EQ in Doubles. Assuming Rock Slide / EQ hit two targets, what exactly are my flinch chances with each move (ignoring accuracy)?
From Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/dp/items/kings_rock):

"Precisely the following moves gain a 10% flinch chance. Moves that already have a flinch chance in the following list do gain an additional chance to flinch when the user holds King's Rock. The total flinch chance for a move with inherent flinch chance p when the user holds King's Rock and the move appears in the following list is given by

p + (1 - p) * 0.1.
For example, a garchomp using rock slide while holding Razor Fang has a 0.3 + (1 - 0.3) * 0.1 = 37% chance to flinch."
This formula is incomplete because rock slide is a 90% accuracy move . 0.37 * 0.9 (accuracy) = 0.333 = 33.3% of hitting and flinching .

a garchomp using earthquake while holding Razor Fang has a + (1 - 0) * 0.1 = 10% chance to flinch

Does anyone have a HA Meowstic? Preferably female if it doesn't have a impish or bold nature but anything will do really I just need it before 7PM EST tomorrow and be able to train it before that time as well.

Edit: Also can someone clear up this question for me?

In Oras/X/Y breeding a HA male pokemon with a Ditto what are your chances of getting a HA pokemon? because I been looking on the internet and I have been seeing percentages ranging from 20% to 60% to 80% but I know it can't be 20% after all the breeding I have done unless I have been extremely lucky for the past 15 breeding projects.

Last edited:
From Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/dp/items/kings_rock):

"Precisely the following moves gain a 10% flinch chance. Moves that already have a flinch chance in the following list do gain an additional chance to flinch when the user holds King's Rock. The total flinch chance for a move with inherent flinch chance p when the user holds King's Rock and the move appears in the following list is given by

p + (1 - p) * 0.1.
For example, a garchomp using rock slide while holding Razor Fang has a 0.3 + (1 - 0.3) * 0.1 = 37% chance to flinch."
This formula is incomplete because rock slide is a 90% accuracy move . 0.37 * 0.9 (accuracy) = 0.333 = 33.3% of hitting and flinching .

a garchomp using earthquake while holding Razor Fang has a + (1 - 0) * 0.1 = 10% chance to flinch
37% chance on Rock Slide, and 10% on EQ. Per target. What if I hit two foes in doubles? What chance do I have of getting at least one flinch? Again, accuracy is moot to me. :P
Probability never made sense to me, sorry.

37% chance on Rock Slide, and 10% on EQ. Per target. What if I hit two foes in doubles? What chance do I have of getting at least one flinch? Again, accuracy is moot to me. :P
I have no idea :/ , I may be wrong so i rather not say it .

Flinching on one pokemon has no effect on whether you flinch on the second.

Chance of flinching A (on rock slide) is 0.37 (not my math I'm accepting as true), Chance of flinching on B is 0.37. Chance of Both is 0.1396.

Chance of not flinching either is (1-0.37)^2= 0.3936

So you would flinch at least 1 0.6031 or ~60% of the time

For EQ

Both is 0.1^2= 0.01

Flinching either is =0.19 or 19%

Last edited:
Last Gen when I was feeling in quite a maverick mood id open a doubles battle with adamant Aerodactyl and Garchomp and spam double rockslides to annoy the hell out of the opposition with the high number of flinches I caught off from it. Obvs not a foolproof strat but it was what it was and worked as expected..cheap wins! I think if your the sort of person who would run focus blast on a VGC poke then you'll like you chances of a flinch but if your more cautious then that then u'll want something more reliable...either 2nd rock slider or togekiss!

Flinching on one pokemon has no effect on whether you flinch on the second.

Chance of flinching A (on rock slide) is 0.37 (not my math I'm accepting as true), Chance of flinching on B is 0.37. Chance of Both is 0.1396.

Chance of not flinching either is (1-0.37)^2= 0.3936

So you would flinch at least 1 0.6031 or ~60% of the time

For EQ

Both is 0.1^2= 0.01

Flinching either is =0.19 or 19%
Ok, cool. So basically, with Garchomp at least, we can say that:

1) Chance of getting at least 1 flinch out of Rock Slide is ~51% chance without King's Rock.
2) Chance increases to ~60% with King's Rock.
3) Earthquake has a 19% flinch chance, so about the same as Waterfall. This would also hold true on Dual Chop, since it's hitting twice.

Last Gen when I was feeling in quite a maverick mood id open a doubles battle with adamant Aerodactyl and Garchomp and spam double rockslides to annoy the hell out of the opposition with the high number of flinches I caught off from it. Obvs not a foolproof strat but it was what it was and worked as expected..cheap wins! I think if your the sort of person who would run focus blast on a VGC poke then you'll like you chances of a flinch but if your more cautious then that then u'll want something more reliable...either 2nd rock slider or togekiss!
Parahax Togekiss has, somehow, never worked for me. Still, with the above 3 points, I'm not depending on EQ / Dual Chop flinches, and Rock Slide has a pretty staggering chance of fucking something if it doesn't kill it. imo, that's not bad all things considered. If you're in a metagame with Item Clause it might be worth running if LO / Lum are eaten. :P

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok, cool. So basically, with Garchomp at least, we can say that:

1) Chance of getting at least 1 flinch out of Rock Slide is ~51% chance without King's Rock.
2) Chance increases to ~60% with King's Rock.
3) Earthquake has a 19% flinch chance, so about the same as Waterfall. This would also hold true on Dual Chop, since it's hitting twice.

Parahax Togekiss has, somehow, never worked for me. Still, with the above 3 points, I'm not depending on EQ / Dual Chop flinches, and Rock Slide has a pretty staggering chance of fucking something if it doesn't kill it. imo, that's not bad all things considered. If you're in a metagame with Item Clause it might be worth running if LO / Lum are eaten. :P
Just to say, the mistake of not considering Rock Slide's Accuracy carried over.
There's a 0.9 * (0.3 + (1 - 0.3) * 0.1) = 0.333 chance of it getting a flinch on any given hit.

So with 2 opponents, you add the odds of any success. #1 hits #2 miss, #1 miss #2 hit and #1 hit #2 hit.
0.333 * (1-0.333) + (1-0.333) * 0.333 + 0.333 * 0.333 = 0.555111 (55.5111%).

Without King's Rock, just replace the 0.333 with 0.9 * 0.3 = 0.27 in the formula above; getting 0.4671 (46.71%)

Summary:
  • Without King's Rock: 46.71%
  • With King's Rock: 55.5111%
  • Earthquake looks right.

Hi guys!

I'm looking for someone who would like to help me with evolving my Slowpoke into Slowking. Of course not for free. The deal is:
I'll trade you my Slowpoke (male) holding a King's Rock for a random Pokemon. Then I will trade with you once again another of my Slowpoke (female) for freshly evolved Slowking. You'll keep that female Slowpoke, it's lvl 1 Calm, with Regenator and 31 IVs in everything except attack.

Done, thank you Blizzicane!

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I'm looking for someone who would like to help me with evolving my Slowpoke into Slowking. Of course not for free. The deal is:
I'll trade you my Slowpoke (male) holding a King's Rock for a random Pokemon. Then I will trade with you once again another of my Slowpoke (female) for freshly evolved Slowking. You'll keep that female Slowpoke, it's lvl 1 Calm, with Regenator and 31 IVs in everything except attack.

I can help you right now if you want. What is your FC? Mine is in my sig. :3

Hello people! I am looking for:

1 x Choice band / Scarf / Specs
3 x Leftovers
3 x Life orbs

I would love these for free however I have some 5 IV spitbacks of Rotom and Ralts to give back if you would like

Just to say, the mistake of not considering Rock Slide's Accuracy carried over.
There's a 0.9 * (0.3 + (1 - 0.3) * 0.1) = 0.333 chance of it getting a flinch on any given hit.

So with 2 opponents, you add the odds of any success. #1 hits #2 miss, #1 miss #2 hit and #1 hit #2 hit.
0.333 * (1-0.333) + (1-0.333) * 0.333 + 0.333 * 0.333 = 0.555111 (55.5111%).

Without King's Rock, just replace the 0.333 with 0.9 * 0.3 = 0.27 in the formula above; getting 0.4671 (46.71%)

Summary:
  • Without King's Rock: 46.71%
  • With King's Rock: 55.5111%
  • Earthquake looks right.
You forgot the possible double miss on Rock Slide.
I've been dismissing the accuracy on Rock Slide / Dual Chop entirely; if you miss the Rock Slide/Dual Chop on the foe, you have a 0% chance of flinching them, so accuracy doesn't really matter unless you're attacking solely to fish for a flinch (which I'm not, lol). Either you hit and have a 37% (RS) chance per target, 19% (Dual Chop) or 10% (EQ) chance per target, or you miss, and have 0% chance of any damage or flinch. It's a coin toss to me, really. :P
Still, good info to know.

You forgot the possible double miss on Rock Slide.
I've been dismissing the accuracy on Rock Slide / Dual Chop entirely; if you miss the Rock Slide/Dual Chop on the foe, you have a 0% chance of flinching them, so accuracy doesn't really matter unless you're attacking solely to fish for a flinch (which I'm not, lol). Either you hit and have a 37% (RS) chance per target, 19% (Dual Chop) or 10% (EQ) chance per target, or you miss, and have 0% chance of any damage or flinch. It's a coin toss to me, really. :P
Still, good info to know.

Without knowing your team plans but if your ultimatly trying to get the opponent to miss you, would a sand veil, bright powder chomp alongside either landorus(2 very good abilities) or aerodactyl (those 2 as they let u
still use earthquake) for a second rock slide and all in a sandstorm. under 2 rock slides either through flinch or miss ther'd prob be close on 80% (.com -please do the math for me!) chance of them not hitting your chomp at least

What is the best game to RNG for a HP ice Raikou(If possible)
the only games it can be rng'd in are FRLG and HGSS. HGSS has a delay but there are a ton of guides about it. Gen 3 is reletively easier, but frlg is a bit more complicated than rse because the unique way it seeds, plus there arent many gen3 exclusive moves that a raikou would need, and there aren't nearly as many resources for it so you'd be doing a lot of trial and error and question asking, which can be a bit tedious

Overall, I'd say try your luck with HGSS. Plus, then you can catch the other dogs + all the other legends

What is the best game to RNG for a HP ice Raikou(If possible)
HG/SS.

the only games it can be rng'd in are FRLG and HGSS. HGSS has a delay but there are a ton of guides about it. Gen 3 is reletively easier, but frlg is a bit more complicated than rse because the unique way it seeds, plus there arent many gen3 exclusive moves that a raikou would need, and there aren't nearly as many resources for it so you'd be doing a lot of trial and error and question asking, which can be a bit tedious

Overall, I'd say try your luck with HGSS. Plus, then you can catch the other dogs + all the other legends
HG/SS and Colo are the only games (technically you could RNG the Rash event in DPPt, but eww, Rash), FR/LG roamers will always suck because of a glitch.

You're forgetting the fact that it's impossible to get a good Raikou in FRLG. You can get a good one in Colo, but forget about FRLG. There's a glitch that changes the last 4 IV's in 0's and Atk can range from 0-7 and HP from 0-31. It's the sole reason I went for a 0/0/0/0/0/0 in the first place. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)