The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did this a couple years ago and chose Alonso for Liverpool like the day before he was transferred :( I'll probably sign up and lose interest like always but meh.

Ben Arfa out for the rest of pre-season at least, stretchered off in a 0-0 verses Sporting Kansas City (lol). Sucks since he just got fit after that nasty double-break :(

If they are transferred to fellow epl team they just play for the other team. If the transfer to another league will get 0 points until you transfer them with an available player. I'm unsure whether price changes if players transfer between epl clubs but I have G Cahill, Samba, Enrique, Nzogbia in my team tentatively expecting a transfer. Also if you weren't aware there is unlimited transfers until r1.

i can already see all defenders being such a waste this season. 0-2 points for all. clean sheets will be hard to come by. i'll probably run a 3-4-3 throughout the year.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Me and Havak 1,2'd last year in the Smogon league. I expect we'll do the same again this year because he is a boss and I am a slightly shorter boss and we both support the best team in the world.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
oh man, coleman is midfield now, i cry for how good everton's home fixtures are.

I think he was set as Defender (Kompany).

I already picked my team and regret it to the fullest. I hope none of my players switch to another league now.

Myzozoa

What do you think about kalou? Lots of minutes or another season coming of the bench?

EDIT: also who will be in the net for Sunderland?

Kalou's never gonna start ahead of Torres when Abramovich is around.

Craig Gordon's probably gonna be sold or something, Bruce brought in Westwood and Mignolet showed some promise last year, or maybe they're gonna loan out Mignolet. Still, the backup should still get 20 games a year considering Gordon's injury proneness.

Wow they sure changed the layout for Fantasy. I'd better get to know the promoted teams rosters a bit better and see if I can find myself a Charlie Adam in them :D

Oh this just came up: Alexis Sanchez is having a medical at Barca. Hope this time it's for real.

Smurfs United tentative starting XI:

GK: Reina
DEF: David Luiz, Kompany, Cahill
MID: Nani, David Silva, Wilshere, N'Zogbia
FWD: Rodallega, Chicharito, Suarez

Myzozoa

D: Samba, Willamson, Luiz
MF: Nani, Miereles, Brunt, Barton, Malouda
ATT: Suarez, saha

GK: Jaaska

Eventually Ima get me some RVP, but his fixtures stink for the first leg.

EDIT: i heard ben arfa go injured in a friendly, whats up with that?

Wow they sure changed the layout for Fantasy. I'd better get to know the promoted teams rosters a bit better and see if I can find myself a Charlie Adam in them :D
I've got Williams, Rangel and Dobbie from Swansea. Stick with what I know! Thought about Ferrie Bodde, but he's too injury prone. If he makes it through the season he'll be a blinder.
I have;
Reina, De Vries (who is showing up as err.. Blackburn on mine for some reason now? wat),
Kompany, Luiz, Carragher (wat. im sure i didnt pick Carragher), Williams
Dobbie, Nani, Barton, Tiote (I didnt realise yellow/reds were a minus. oops)
Suarez, Balotelli (I reckon he'll do really good now Tevez is throwing a fit), Odemwingie.

so yeah. ha!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Cech, Sorensen
Terry, Ivanovic, Vidic, Zabaleta, Anton Ferdinand
Etherington, Barton, Tiote, Walcott, Bodde
Carroll, Gyan, Ba

EDIT: i heard ben arfa go injured in a friendly, whats up with that?
yup, good news is it's not a recurrence of his injury from last season...he's done his ankle after a nasty challenge.

how come you picked Bodde Lee? he's a class player (from what I hear..) but I think I've seen him play like three games since I started getting into football - the last season we were in league 1...

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Honestly it was a combination of your endorsement and the fact that he seemed one of the more promising players available for 4.5. I gather a goal scoring midfielder is pretty much solid gold in this game so I'm willing to gamble.

Might ditch him yet though...I had Lucas there previously but I'm not sure he'll get too much play-time this season.

PS nice midfield ^_^

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
de gea
baines, samba, hangeland, kompany
barton, vdv, nzogbia
suarez, bent, x

any suggestions for x, im thinking rodallega or odemwingie but im not really too sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)