The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sept. 8 — vs. Green Bay - Win
@Sept. 15 -- at Seattle - Lose
Sept. 22 — vs. Indianapolis - Win
*Sept. 26 — at St. Louis - Win
@Oct. 6 -- vs. Houston - Tough to call
Oct. 13 — vs. Arizona - Win
Oct. 20 — at Tennessee - Win
Oct. 27 — at Jacksonville (in London) - Win
Nov. 3 — Bye
Nov. 10 — vs. Carolina - Win
Nov. 17 — at New Orleans - Lose
#Nov. 25 — at Washington - Tough to Call
n Dec. 1 — vs. St. Louis - Win
Dec. 8 — vs. Seattle - Win
Dec. 15 — at Tampa Bay - Win
#Dec. 23 — vs. Atlanta - Tough to Call
Dec. 29 — at Arizona - Win

#Monday Night
*Thursday Night
@Sunday Night

Pretty easy schedule for the most part, those tough to call matchups will be the difference between 14-2 and 11-5.

Fake SportsCenter (@FakeSportsCentr) tweeted at 8:18 PM on Thu, Apr 18, 2013:
NFL releases schedule, Browns mathematically eliminated from playoffs

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The Bills play 3 teams coming off Byes and 3 teams coming in with extra rest from a Thursday night game previously. Fucking bullshit.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Bills play 3 teams coming off Byes and 3 teams coming in with extra rest from a Thursday night game previously. Fucking bullshit.
Try starting on the road against Peyton Manning when your team won the sb, and aren't able to start at home cause of the fucking shit baseball franchise that occupies your city not changing their schedule.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
oh sorry, fresh out of fucking pity for the World Champions, you'll have to hold your own pity party for your team that wins all the fucking time

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanksgiving Night: Steelers at Ravens

Finally a good night game for Turkey Day!

Also Steelers go to London to play the Vikes in week 4. Should be fun.

the Jaguars play 5 of their first 8 games not only on the road, but in different time zones, two on the West Coast and 1 in London.

predicting strength of schedule based on previous year is never accurate, but i'd say we can probably beat the Raiders, Bills, Browns and Cardinals. Chiefs are a maybe, if their QB situation is solid now, they could be pretty tough. the Rams are probably going to beat us. we usually play our division pretty close, so i'll give us 2 games from that.

i think we go 6-10, 8-8 if we're lucky.

but i thought we'd go 8-8 last year too, and we all know how that went.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
At least from where we are now, it looks like we'll be having a terrible slate of Monday Night Football games.

Three of the first four MNF games include the Eagles, Chargers, and Raiders. Only three matchups this year have two teams who had 10+ wins, though they are probably going to be good ones (Bears-Packers, 49ers-Redskins, 49ers-Falcons). The fucking Jets even got a spot on MNF! Honestly, there's 16 games between the previous year's division winners; what's the excuse for having precisely 2 of them (49ers-Redskins and 49ers-Falcons) on what's supposedly the best game of football of the week?

Now, the Sunday Night Football schedule... that's how you do it.
That's because SNF is the "big game of the week," not MNF. They get first pick for scheduling purposes, they get playoff implicators flexed in late in the season. It's on the larger television network and I just have to imagine more people in general are watching TV on Sunday nights than Monday nights, though I have no way to confirm that. MNF is just ESPN's cash-grabbing imitator, along with NFL Network's TNF now.

Pre Draft Predictions:

Jets will screw up those two picks that they have
Mathieu will be a fifth rounder at best
Falcons are going to shock the world...again
Star L. will drop out of top 10
Tank Carradine will be a top 20 player
Jonathan Franklin will be the first RB taken
Jarvis Jones will drop into the twenties
Arthur Brown will be taken before Manti
There will be a run on safeties round 2
Tyler Eifert will go top 15

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just found out that, not only does Jerricho Cotchery live very close to me, but he and his wife host a Wednesday night Bible study for married couples. I also know someone who already goes to it and I am invited. I might blow a Steelery load

Does "up til" mean "including" in this case, or is another thread supposed to be made soon?
YTP, I agree about the Jets, Franklin, Eifert, and Brown going before Te'o. Mathieu, I believe, will go in the 3rd round. Also, Chris Berman hurts my ears, especially when he tries to project his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)