The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
New draft, new season, new thread!

Is Joe Flacco elite? How badly will the Raiders fuck up the draft? Is Tebow ever the answer? These are legitimate questions.

But, for now, let's just focus on the draft!

I just hope the Falcons dont trade up. I think they will take a CB in the 1st round. I look forward to see what they do in rounds 2-5. Hopefully they grab Brandon Williams, Montori Hughes, Kwame Geathers, or TJ Barnes. A big DT that they desperately need.

Jeses.... This is AWESOME. Clowney .5(although could be eventually better) to the Lions... I am stunned. Never thought he'd drop all the way to 5. The Lions need a RDE now and their Line will be legendary.

I thought this guy could potentially be the best player in the draft. Thougt the Eggs were gonna take him.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
>dion jordan at THREE HOLY FUCK
>mingo at 6

Both of those guys are likely busts. Top-tier athleticism, yes. But neither had elite production by any means, and had questions with effort and fundamentals. And Jordan was a situational guy in college.

Also all 7 picks so far have been OL/DL.

All my dreams have been crushed

Looks like we'll be taking a CB

Unless we randomly trade up for aStar or Floyd

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Consider how weak the top of this draft is (especially at the skill positions like QB) that typically dominate the top 10.. I'm not surprised at all how its going. When there aren't sure thing studs to fill the first 10 slots you end up seeing teams go for home run picks based on potential.

Edit: After seeing the Rams trade, Buffalo didn't get good value here... Looks like they just wanted to trade down to feel better about selecting Nassib/Barkley and get some extra picks while their at it.

Oh man, i hope YTPs prediction of Star falling out of the top 10 comes true.... Falls down to number 19 i mean. Looks like it might happen.

Consider how weak the top of this draft is (especially at the skill positions like QB) that typically dominate the top 10.. I'm not surprised at all how its going. When there aren't sure thing studs to fill the first 10 slots you end up seeing teams go for home run picks based on potential.

Edit: After seeing the Rams trade, Buffalo didn't get good value here... Looks like they just wanted to trade down to feel better about selecting Nassib/Barkley and get some extra picks while their at it.
I think they got excellent value assuming they dont draft Nassib/Barkley with their 16th pick.

yond

mitt game strong
According to the value charts the picks they gave up (#8 and w/e their third is) against the picks they got (16, 2nd,5th, 7th) amounts to a negative overall value.

Also Star falling out of the top 10 has been the word since the combine... Nothing special about that

Jets fuck up as usual...

Personally I never did get the point of starting a new thread every year, but I guess the old ones do get cluttered... I'm surprised the Bills gouged the Rams out of so many picks compared to what the Dolphins gave up for the Raider's pick...you'd think the Dolphins would stand to lose more picks to go up to 3, but I guess not. For the Niners, really hoping they get a good Safety or other CB, I wouldn't go WR since they used a pick on a lame duck one last year, so unless a really good one slides quite a bit...might not be a bad time to think of Gore's replacement some more too, as RBs are expected to slide down. And rumors are they might trade up, which makes sense as the Niners already have a stacked roster, so extra picks won't do them any good now. That or defer picks to future years.

Lol I did not expect Shariff to fall out of the top 10, which is why I predicted Star to fall out.

This draft is crazy, who knew there would be a run on OL

The thing is, a 2nd round pick this year is worth a late 1st round pick in most years; the talent isn't fantastic at the top, but it's deep for the first couple of rounds.

Buffalo could still easily trade again and select their quarterback with their 2nd round pick.

yond

mitt game strong
Floyd has been overrated all draft season

edit: Geno Smith probably going to kill himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)