Project The Next Best Thing (Uxie Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
finc

although tbh why wouldnt you go Sub / Return / Focus Punch / Disable considering you have sub anyways
This is a good idea and iirc I listed it as an alternative, but EQ hits mons like Garbodor and can be used at all times (unlike FP), so EQ has its merits, too. Gonna keep it as it is

hey look this is still a thing finc2612 wins! next mon has a bunch of cool options and goes by....

Hariyama

Hariyama @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 88 HP / 132 Atk / 252 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Low Sweep
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Knock Off / ice punch

It's actually rather fun. Unaffected by status, bulky enough to set up on a tonne of shit and people see hariyama and are forced out by cc's etc giving free opportunity to set up. bulky on both sides and will destroy the bulkier teams that use vileplume to stop it since it sets up.

fat user. DEM THIGHS THO
Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
This is SubPunch Hariyama. The set is pretty typical, I opted Bullet Punch over Fake Out because it's more useful on this set and also hits Archeops.
Yama still has his enormous thighs aka Thick Fat, but without the usual Assault Vest, you must be careful switching him in on SE STAB special attacks. The SpD EV's allow him to live more hit's on the special side, since he has skyhigh HP (DEM THIGHS). The 4 Speed is for outspeeding base 50's.
He can live a hit from some firespam however
252 SpA Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Thick Fat Hariyama: 117-138 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- 51.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Thick Fat Hariyama: 134-160 (31.2 - 37.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Specs Typh does a a bit more
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Thick Fat Hariyama: 175-207 (40.7 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Hakuna Matata, He can still check Firespam, as well as live some other weaker special hits.

How to use this set: It's pretty simple, actually. Hariyama forces out a respectable amount of mons with people foreseeing the Fake Out+Bullet Punch revenge killer. On that switch, get a sub up.
Additional options: You can forego bullet punch for a coverage move, such as Ice Punch for Vileplume or Heavy Slam. I don't recommend it, but maybe even Thunderpunch for Mantine.

Teammates: The usual counters to Yama still threaten him, meaning Vileplume, the rare Granbull, etc. Firespam actually works well for him, as Typh and Mortar break down the walls he can't get through, Mortar getting through Mantine as well. Yama is better off used middle-late game, as where most of the mons are weakened and easily forced out. Yama highly appreciates hazards for his opponent. Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes work well for whittling down the opponent. For this, Garbodor is pretty good, featuring two types of hazards as well as a Fairy resist.

Last edited:
fat user. DEM THIGHS THO
Hariyama @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
This is SubPunch Hariyama. The set is pretty typical, I opted Bullet Punch over Fake Out because it's more useful on this set and also hits Archeops.
Yama still has his enormous thighs aka Thick Fat, but without the usual Assault Vest, you must be careful switching him in on special attacks.
He can live a hit from some firespam however
252 SpA Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Hariyama: 162-192 (32.9 - 39.1%) -- 9.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Hariyama: 187-222 (38 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Specs Typh does a lot tho
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Hariyama: 246-289 (50.1 - 58.8%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
He shouldn't be used as a reliable check to firespam, although switching him once probably wouldn't hurt.
How to use this set: It's pretty simple, actually. Hariyama forces out a respectable amount of mons with people foreseeing the Fake Out+Bullet Punch revenge killer. On that switch, get a sub up.
Teammates: The usual counters to Yama still threaten him, meaning Vileplume, the rare Granbull, etc. Firespam actually works well for him, as Typh and Mortar break down the walls he can't get through, Mortar getting through Mantine as well. Yama is better off used middle-late game, as where most of the mons are weakened and easily forced out. Yama highly appreciates hazards for his opponent. Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes work well for whittling down the opponent. For this, Garbodor is pretty good, featuring two types of hazards as well as a Fairy resist.
put the hp evs into spdef because hariyama already has sky high hp so it makes for more bulk.

Pokedots

How should I live to be happy
is a Contributor Alumnus

Hariyama @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Mild Nature
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Vacuum Wave

Focus Blast with Sheer Force and Life Orb is actually not that weak lol, for example it 2HKOes defensive Seismitoad and 3HKOes Weezing. The rest of its moves are weak af. Ice Punch 2HKOes Plume. Vacuum Wave is priority.
Overall, it's a funny set that shouldn't be used, but at least it's better than the Flame Orb set!

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fling
- Bullet Punch / Knock Off / Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
Lame old Guts Hariyama but with a fun little twist. The idea here is to use Fake Out first turn to safely activate Flame Orb, then use Fling next turn to (ideally) cripple a physical attacker with a burn, since most people will send in physical attackers to deal with Hariyama since AV is what most people expect. Now they have a crippled physical attacker and you hit like a truck; plus you take even less Knock Off damage so that's nice. The EVs give it solid mixed bulk and power. Close Combat hits like a truck with Guts boost, Fake Out is for burning yourself. Bullet Punch is nice for some extra priority, but Knock Off can be used if you miss the utility, or Earthquake if you want to hit Poisons. The only problem is burn will steadily wear you down, but this can be alleviated with Wish support.

Last edited:

Hariyama @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Bullet Punch / Knock Off / Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Fake Out

This Hariyama takes advantage of surprise value and the switches it can generate to set-up Rain for its teammates; this can be very useful, as Hariyama provides a useful counter to Ferroseed and other mons that may give Rain teams troubles while also giving an extra setter. It can't run Assault Vest with Rain Dance, and thus Hariyama is chosen to run Leftovers instead, to compensate for the lack of bulk with recovery, although it may be more useful to tweak the EVs by removing some EVs from attack in order to achieve comparable bulk. This is my first submission on this thread, so please forgive me if the set is too gimmicky or niche to have any value.

Hariyama @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature or Jolly Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Belly Drum
-Close Combat
-Knock Off / Earthquake / Thunder Punch / Ice Punch

This hariyama bluffs the fire spam av set in order to get free belly drums. This is effective as a win-condition as its extremely bulky, so setting up on any mons is seldom a problem. Not to mention a +6 bullet punch is going to hurt. I invest the maximum in speed in order to out speed - spe seismitoad and the sort. This is probably my favourite yama set to use outside of AV thick fat since, although relying on a bluff is kinda dodgy, its really effective when it is pulled off and with correct support can line up 3 or 4 kills a match thanks to its great natural bulk and speed investment. (Anyways, what's surviving a +6 CC that can take its coverage move??weezing)

Last edited:
Hariyama @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature or Jolly Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Knock Off
-Close Combat
-Filler / Earthquake / Thunder Punch / Ice Punch

This hariyama bluffs the fire spam av set in order to get free belly drums. This is effective as a win-condition as its extremely bulky, so setting up on any mons is seldom a problem. Not to mention a +6 bullet punch is going to hurt. I invest the maximum in speed in order to out speed - spe seismitoad and the sort. This is probably my favourite yama set to use outside of AV thick fat since, although relying on a bluff is kinda dodgy, its really effective when it is pulled off and with correct support can line up 3 or 4 kills a match thanks to its great natural bulk and speed investment. (Anyways, what's surviving a +6 CC that can take its coverage move??weezing)
psssssttttt. you forgot to include belly drum on the set ;)

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD not revealing speed creep obviously
Adamant Nature
- Force Palm / Cross Chop
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

I was gonna post resttalk but it didn't sound too good. Anyways, I guess this isn't much of a new set, but I have always hated how close combat screws yama over because it can't take hits very well when you are at -1 and below. That's where these two options come in. Force Palm, although significantly weaker, is a great way to slow down the opponent plus it has 100 % accuracy (and decent pp!) with the only drawback being the power. The chance of paralysis allows Hariyama to actually be able to outspeed a ton of stuff. Cross Chop, on the other hand, is a decent option for those that are really missing the power of Close Combat, but really hate the drops that come with it. It does lose 20 power and has pretty meh accuracy, but no drops means Yama can perform its main duty of walling special attackers. I personally prefer Force Palm but I suppose Cross Chop isn't that bad.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out / Bullet Punch
- ThunderPunch

Not sure how innovative this is, but this allows Hariyama to lure and beat Mantine and Pelipper

Hariyama @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 Def / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Protect

Protox Yama for the Bae, Toxic is a good bait for traditional Yama checks like Mantine or Musharna. Protect is good because a lot of stuff runs coverage for Yama now like Low Kick Sneasel or Psychic Magmortar or shit like that, so having that layer of scouting as well as stalling Toxic Turns is the cute.

Last edited:
^ I'd still make the EVs either fully in one defense or 128/128, also nice nature

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up-Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch / Earthquake / etc.

PuP AV seems cool af and even though it was posted in the SPL set dump i thought of this like a week ago @_@. Lets you boost up on more passive Stuff and hit p fucking hard.

Also Voting is open and i vote for Teddeh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)