Announcement The Smogon Discord would like you to become a rater!

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Gen 6 PH gets ~35k ladder games/month so I'm assuming it's available

aerobee#3161
Gen 6 Pure Hackmons (I could rate other gens as well but they probably don't make the cut in terms of activity)
Picked up the metagame in mid-late 2020, became tier leader in late 2021, kept the position until I took a break in mid-2022, and am currently on council.
Got 97% GXE/2200 Glicko on Gen 6 ladder, made an RMT or two, wrote a few analyses, and am currently Old Shark roommod. Ransei/Bahamut/NToTheN can vouch for me if needed

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Natcrozma#8302
AAA, (OMMs if possible)
I've played AAA since the start of the gen, peaked at top 15 on the ladder at a point in time and still build well to this day. I also chat quite frequently in the AAA channel for OMcord. (As for OMMs, i am the current roomprizewinner due to winning the most daily roomtours without having auth, and have been playing since around June last year)
I have written 2 analyses so far, with 2 more in progress for AAA, and surely the council members will vouch for me right? (OMMs section: i am well known in the OMM community, be it casual or competitive)

Bka Onon

I see Fire.
is a Pre-Contributor
ASKid#8695
Monotype / NatDex Monotype
Qualifications:
- + in Mono / % in NDMono
- Have written a lot of analyses in both tiers (check signature)
- Wrote an RMT about Psychic in SV Monotype, and creating the best structure for the type
- Helped in NDM development, and managing sample teams there
- Relatively new but played in some tours for both tiers
- Have rated teams and helped people live in both rooms, and a bit in the server
- Ask Neko style.css Ashbala ken maroon for vouching

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
PulsieTheDulsie#3895
SS OU
Qualifications: i've written some metagame discussion posts diving into specific parts of the metagame (example, another example, another example with a funny meme tho its old as shit), played ss ou in ADPL (discord tour), am currently in SSPL as a sub, and have generally been playing and laddering the shit out of the tier for something like 2 or 3 years at this point. have discussed ss a decent amount in roa.

BAHAMUT#8839
Generation 6 Purehackmons and any other generation of hackmons if you wanna ask.
You know I honestly can't remember when I first came around to Pokemon Showdown and did games but I know it's been a few years now and been playing hackmons really as well for years. I have written a few analyses and helped on quite a few with quality checks. I have topped the ladder a few times. I help manage resources with viability rankings and sample teams as well. So I am also very happy to help anyone that wants some advice with getting into the tier or any team suggestions.

Name: godemperoroftheuniverse
Meta: ScarVi DOU
Qualifications: Almost 200 battles, 1350ish rating in DOU, been playing Gen 9 DOU since it came out
Sorry I don't have much qualifications but I know how to play DOU, just don't have the spare time to grind.

Last edited:

Hacker

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Your discord name.
Hacker#0238
The meta you'd like to rate.
SV LC
A brief summary of your experience in that meta.
I've played in some LC tournaments this gen. I went 6-3 in LCWL managing my team to playoffs, made finals of LC Winter Seasonal, am currently 2-1 in BLT, frequently am high on the ladder, and am still in LC Open.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)
I would imagine that most of the LC council and both of the tier leaders could vouch for me. I also currently run the LC Viability Rankings thread so that should mean I am up to date with the metagame. Oh

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Giyu#8092

Monotype

I've played Monotype for about three quarters of gen 8 and since the beginning of gen 9. I've been very successful on ladder, reaching top 5 on several alternate accounts and generally have an advanced grasp on the metagame.

- QC member
- Lots of analyses (Read about page)
- Have helped with teams live in the PS! room and occasionally on Discord
- Provided a sample team
- ken Neko mushamu Swiffix Starfox. kenn Aqua Jet can vouch

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Discord name: Taka#4160
Tier i want to rate: Ubers / Anything Goes
Qualifications:
I only got into pokemon seriously around the start of SV, but:
- QC member for Ubers, write analyses for both Ubers + AG
- OMPL starter for AG, peaked both AG and Ubers ladder (i can dm proof), have written an RMT for Ubers as well.
- Qualified for ULT this year, while also helping others build for ULT, AG SSNL, AGLT, and other tours.
- Actively play in tour for both, and I'm active + help teambuild in the Ubers PS! room.
- Some of the ubers + ag council may be able to vouch for me, though I am relatively new so maybe not.

Chessking#5615
Balanced Hackmons and NatDex BH
Started playing BH since USUM, including both gens of NDBH, lots of tour experience, BHQC and analyses writer for early SS and SV, active in OMs Discord BH channel, currently starting BH in OMPL, BH and NDBH Council member, all other members on both councils should be able to vouch.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Thanks to everyone who have to signed up so far! We're still looking for more and more raters, particularly in OU to help out with our large amount of rates so don't hesitate to sign up if you think you have what it takes.

Last edited:

LovelyLuna

Lost in a life full of mistakes
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Discord: LameLiarLeowo
Meta I'd like to rate: VGC
Experience: I've been playing gen 9 without any breaks so I'm very familiar with the format. Built over 20 teams for the current format and have about 500 Games in it. Have already been helping out with ratings on Smogcord and received satisfied responses, A few have come to me to talk about their success after the feedback. An example;
Masterbal'.jpg
Demonstration of Knowledge: Example above is one of many, along with Eeveeon's invitation to me. Here are my recent Best of 3s if It helps
Hope to help as a rater!

Last edited:
Your discord name: georgebowserjr#1040
The meta you'd like to rate National Dex OU (Both Gens)
Meta Experience: Played for over a year now and experienced both generations of National Dex. Great activity in the national dex showdown room, national dex discord and smogon discord.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: Played in a few smogon tournaments and wrote a C&C for gen 8 mega aerodactyl and wrote the first ever official analysis on Hisuian Zoroark for gen 9.
Vouchers: Solaros & Lunaris and TheRainQueen.

KarpeChan

Banned deucer.
discord: karpechan (formerly karpesan)
meta: AAA
Experience: Solid AAA fundamentals from building a bunch in SS and played 2 months current AAA being tutored by UT
Two analyses done with 2 more in WIP. Got AAA QC member after my first two excellent AMQCs. Vouch from UT
if i get shot down i'm coming back after winning aaapl :zonger:

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
Discord name: Hugo.1999
Meta: Dou
Experience: some mayor tournaments I played in are DPL, DLT, OSDT (currently in r8), managing Dou Derby and I have been playing since gen 7
Replays, Recommendations etc:
1690995361893.png

1690995606806.png

(the vouches from both Dou tierleaders)
I included 1 replay a tournament but if more is appriciated just DM or tell me :)
DLT: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1868278928-zz1r77pemssnanulyap942y42iooi75pw
OSDT: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1909264099-lh6l8t22ao3ntlu66ml4koe85ea6655pw
DPL: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1835293810-idihmjwy4cw6qjb3s0yezrc7jhy36e5pw
Some ladder replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1913518912-9ef5j4tkc9q5ruozvk7u43md9ke7roipw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1909204454-8hhbcld9s0ypjwkfg8i0kqx1dachymgpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1888761226-yxfgys1zc3t6ndnsovecgjbgcboqz5up
When getting reqs for DLT I got an elo score of 1850+
wadwdawdawdadwawdawdawdawda.PNG

If there is anything else you like to get more info on or want more replays or anyrthing else lmk
btw there are quite a few other influential players that can vouch for me if thats wanted

Last edited:
Discord: baxcalibur_ (Display name as Arishem)
Metagame: NatDex UU
Experience:
Recently appointed as Co-Tl, have written several announcement threads and analyses before then, while managing several projects in forums. Also played up to Seasonal Semis last year and helped Weaviles in PL III for UU comp-wise. (peap and Elfuseon can confirm)
Have additionally demonstrated knowledge from scratch through personal posts in meta-threads and discussion through council chat, council members may vouch if needed.

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
  • Your discord name: @wednesdayfrogreal
  • The meta you'd like to rate: Inheritance and AAA
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta: For inh, Ive played it for years now and ive had great tournament runs in the meta during om spotlight league and om spotlight trios. I've held the top ladder position multiple times back in gen 8, and still keep up with the metagame today. For aaa ive played a lot of it since gen 8 being fairly active on ladder
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: The Inheritance tier leader can vouch for me, and I played for the winning team in OM Spotlight League and went 4-1in Inh, and i also led my team to a triple tiebreak in Spotlight trios. For aaa UT can vouch for me

Aldrich

My Teas Gone Cold Im Wondering Why I
is a Community Contributor
Your discord name: @aldrichyan
The meta you'd like to rate: VGC
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: 4 years+ experience and has been in high ladder a lot of times
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: mostly been in high ladder and won/top cut online and local tournaments here and there Eeveon7 vouch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)