Announcement The Smogon Discord would like you to become a rater!

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Discord: arctozolt
Meta to rate: SVOU
Experience: Have played SS and SV extensively, but mostly SV, where I am an active team builder and contributor. When I was most active on ladder I have always sat at 2000s+ but currently I have been more involved in the tour community - currently managing OUPL and busy with 1v1WCoP and DWCoP as well as a 3000$ off site OU invitational.

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
Discord: Rarelyme
Meta to rate: SV RU
Experience: I have been playing SV since it came out, building and joining tournaments. I am a voice on the RU room and an active contributor of the community on Smogon, any RU staff can probably vouch for me. I have been hosting a "building" project for about 7 months now and got started in hosting tours. I am also very active on PS! and always try to help players in need of teambuilding advices. Tournament wise, I have made a decent run in the RU Summer Seasonal and am currently 4-1 in a French PL against very talented RU players. I would love to help more people join and have fun in RarelyUsed.

Oiponabys
DPP OU
DPP QC member, SPL 2023 DPP OU slot, DPP Circuit champion, 1800+ peak, 93%+ peak. I enjoy teaching and have prior experience in team rating. Emeral can vouch for me

Last edited:

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
Discord: Gamer1234556
Meta: BW OU
Experience: Have been laddering on Gen 5 OU for a while and have written several Gen 5 OU Analyses. While I haven't reached high ladder, I am extremely active in the BW Discord Server and have helped a lot of players build teams.

Discord name: Insertable194#3746
Metagames I'd like to rate: VGC
I've been playing VGC on and off for 5 years, 2021 series 10 was the first format I actually started playing properly. I've had medium success in gen 9 vgc, top cutting every tournament I participated in with the exception of the smogon vgc swiss tour, which I ended at a record of 6-3. Ladderwise, mid 1700s isn't an impressive peak, but it's enough to say I have an understanding of the fundamentals of the game. I have been active in smogonvgc, and in the VGCrates section of smogon discord, at times more than the actual raters themselves.

Vkhss

is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Discord : vkhss
Meta to rate : SVOU
I am currently driver in the ou room and I have been playing sv since the very start , I am an active team builder and player being consistently high ladder . I am also currently managing oupl and have some experience from playing in a fair amount of tournaments.

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
  • Discord: oculars
  • Meta: National Dex OU,National Dex UU
  • Experience: Mained national dex since day 1, highly respected builder within the natdex community using a variety of playstyles. I've built several thousand Natdex OU teams and people come to me in NDOU room to help with team building pretty much every day. I have extensive knowledge of current EV spreads, speed tiers and common cores + can quickly identify weaknesses in a build. I can drastically change the performance of a team into various matchups using simple and intuitive tweaks without having to rebuild every RMT into a sample team copy.
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge: Currently a Manager in NDFL offering teambuilding support for the majority of tiers. Ive gotten reqs in all 5 of the most recent NDOU suspects showing knowledge of the current meta. I post a lot of mostly fun/off meta teams on the bazaar mixed in with some serious ones and my teams are frequently spammed on ladder to the point I often fight my own builds. Here's an example of a recent team I built accompanied with a detailed breakdown that a lot of people used for reqs during the last suspect as a demonstration of my teambuilding process https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/national-dex-bazaar.3710928/post-9836317 . As for vouches Id say a lot of well respected natdex tour players like adem, kayzn, setset, sealoo and weaselfie, our great tier leader R8 and current team raters like adriann and hidin would probably vouch for me among most high ladder players, I also have the greatest vouch of all from blunder himself: "(This team) spoke to both me and Sama on a spiritual level, shoutout Oculars for creating this team"

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Hello sorry for the delay but we've done another sweep recently and added a good few raters. For those not added, you're still encouraged to come contribute to Smogcord, be it RMT or #comp-gen where you can improve your odds of getting selected in other rater waves.

DLC is also on the horizon so as usual we're welcome to all possible Current Gen rater applications possible, particularly for SV RU as we're lacking raters there the most.

Smudge

NatDex Doubles TL
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Discord name: Smudge

Meta: Doubles OU (current/oldgen) / NatDex Non-OU (Doubles)

Experience: I have been playing DOU for 2 years now, going positive in the recent OSDT against a tough schedule. I also captained in the recent Doubles World Cup, with our team making it to the semifinals where I was involved with building most slots. Not to mention, I lead a Doubles tier - National Dex Doubles. I help people with their teams in the DOU Discord (and my own tier's server) whenever I can, but I think it would be interesting to take a more active role in doing this for people who haven't yet found their way to the Doubles Discord.

Demonstrated knowledge: I'm a Quality Control member for DOU, with over 40 QCs between current and old gens. I also regularly write and check analyses for Social Media, such as two of the past three DOU Teams of the Week, and a decent number of spotlights by now.

Nashrock

nothing to say and nothing to lose
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Nashrock
NatDex OU
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've been playing NatDex for almost a year. I was qualified for NDLT playoff and got No18 for circuit standing (7 pts away) this year from the summer seasonal and last chance tour.

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Contributor to Smogon
id:dawn to the dusk
Discord:dawn to the dusk
Meta: BWOU(i also wanna rate SVOU)
Prof:was drafted in BWPL twice,ROAPL once,bw high ladder player,top twice。I am also a bw tutor

Last edited:
Discord Name: mistercupcakee#0000
Meta: Nat Dex Monotype (or Monotype)
I’ve been playing the tier for a little over 2 years now on pokemon showdown as well as servers with Monotype Tournaments including the official Smogon discord where i’ve won a tour. I’ve also been playing on the NDMono ladder a lot lately, and had a lot trouble when i started but progressively got better and started to get higher on the ladder up until where I am now. The Tour directors of the discord can confirm me winning tours, though I do not have people to vouch for my play style and expertise, although, i’d be happy to demonstrate via battle whenever i could and/or can.

Last edited:

genisu

I COULD BE BANNED!
Discord Name: genisuxqt
Meta I'd like to rate: LC
3-1 in LPL
Creator of a current sample team https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-lc-sample-teams.3712989/
Builder for Team Brazil, Team China, and Team Latam for LC World Cup and had my teams used about 20x by now
Always high ladder (or close to it) unless im fucking around (peaked top 10 on ladder but ion ladder much)
Support for the Virbank City Toxtricities LC in PTPL
Active community presence in the LC cord
Participated in the recent suspect tests
Experience writing analyses for the site

Last edited:

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
Discord Name: fangame

Meta: Doubles OU

Experience:
Played DOU back in generation 6 (2014/2015), came back from retirement in generation 8 and played since.
Knowledge of most generations of DOU, especially Gen 6, 8 and 9.
Vast tour experience.

Demonstrated knowledge:
Managing DPL team Cold Crew right now
2000 ELO on ladder during DLT
Didn't really have to that, I've already qualified since round 1 lol
I have one team for every occasion but trust me it is really cool! It was a sample team pre-home trust me :)
Have been drafted in team tours including DPL (manager self buy), Derby and DWCOP
Made Invitationals in 2022 (gen 8)
People already ask me for rates on discord for DOU every so often anyways

Discord Name: DeeSomething
Meta: DOU
Brief Summary: I've been a decent active player in the DOU meta and have seen many non-gimmick and gimmicky strategies in the meta.
Ways I've demonstrated knowledge: There have been situations where I've thought my way out of tough situations, I've also been very observant of how others would rate my team or other teams.

I've also won over 60 DOU Games
As of writing this, I have a ELO of 1500

Here are replays demonstrating my many experiences in DOU and how I adapt to even tough matches.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2003558113
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2037371522
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2037360567
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-2037379305

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Discord Name: slowpokefan
Metagame: SS OU
Experience: Active participant of circuit tournaments as well as officials involving the tier (e.g. Smogon Masters).

I have been part of a number of projects on the SS OU forums, including being the host of Next Best Thing, an active participant of the tier's Teambuilding Competition, an editor of tier analyses as well as holding personal projects to provide up-to-date resources for the tier while the council is still preoccupied with other matters.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
  • Your Discord name: yuterozol
  • The meta you'd like to rate: SV Ubers
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've been playing SV Ubers ever since its release and have become quite experienced with the tier after DLC2 (the Indigo Disk). I peaked ladder and constantly post (quality) teams in the SV Ubers Team Bazaar.
  • Forum rates demonstrating your knowledge: In chronological order, the first quality rate I posted centered around ways of dealing with the most successful ladder team of SV Ubers - Mission to ruin DLC2 for everyone (built by Fardin). I then took the time to refine other builds and rated them such as Icemaster's famous SV Ubers Sunny Days team, two of Pigbeef's teams, optimized a creative Sun team built by PokefanKIV, and finally discussed changes that helped TheRealBigC help peak ladder with their Icedancer team.
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: Every month since December, I've aimed to write one high-quality RMT to promote interest in SV Ubers. Two of my RMTs: Life of Lies [Bazaar Approved] and Bohemian Rhapsody reflect metagame knowledge, with the former team being posted as a Bazaar sample team in the DLC1 metagame and the latter team peaking the ladder. The former team also earned the honor of SV Ubers December RMT of the month. Additionally, I try to promote discourse about current metagame trends and problematic elements to the tier, as seen here). Furthermore, I am a positive presence in the Ubers room and try to help newer players develop their confidence and team building skills.

Discord Name: .Imperial__
Meta I'd like to rate: Ubers UU
UM Room Owner
Top 100 on Ubers UU ladder
Participated in suspect test(s) for Ubers UU
On Ubers UU tiering council
(and by extension the Ubers UU VR council)
Bella and SwordIsBored would vouch
Have done an RMT of a team
Have also Written many analysis/articles for Ubers UU

Finchely

so silly...
is a Pre-Contributor
Discord name: Finchely
Meta: Ubers UU
I've been in UUbers since the start of the tier, joining on October 9th, and I became a council member just a month later. I'm also on the QC team for UUbers.
My achievements in the tier include going 5-3 in the UUbers swiss which was held before the meta was sponsored by smogon, and going to round three of the UUbers open.

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
Discord Name: orangex733
Meta: 2v2 Doubles
I’ve been playing 2v2 since it was current gen in SS and have teamtour results such as:
4-2 in 2v2PL 3
2-0 in SV in 2v2 Pool League 2
3-2 in UMPL 3
I’ve also written a few analyses for the tier in SS, and Itchy and yuki can vouch for me

Leo Justice

Ubers UU leader
is a Forum Moderator
Discord Name: Leojustice
Meta I'd like to rate: Ubers UU

Experience: I've been playing the tier since it's inception, and have been an active player of it ever since. I've laddered around the top of the ladder multiple times. I eventually became part of the council for the tier and then was promoted via vote to be the council leader.
Ways I've demonstrated the knowledge in the meta: I am council leader, having an account (currently) rated 33rd (image bellow), and I've won the first (unofficial) ubers UU tournament. I participated on the first Ubers UU suspect test (Necrozma-Dawn-Wings). Bella, SwordIsBored, and nap00 can vouch
1708623762542.png

vesp

match head burning on the frozen ground
Your discord name: vesper97
The meta you'd like to rate. SV Ubers UU
A brief summary of your experience in that meta. I ladder the tier quite often and have been playing since day 3 of the tier existing(not since association, since the discord was established).
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame:
I am on the tiering council, VR council, QC team, run the role compendium, I run a couple forum projects, have written several analyses for the tier, and currently have a sample team up. Leo Justice,Bella, imperialorder241, and Finchely can vouch for me.

• Your discord name: tntblader
  • The meta you'd like to rate: SSOU
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I'm a semi active ladder player who's newer to the scene and plan on improving non stop
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I have reached top 75 on the SSOU ladder (post here) and slowpoke fan could vouch for me.

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
Your Discord name: Dead by Daylight
The meta you'd like to rate: SV National Dex
A brief summary of your experience: I started playing the tier in I'd say late 2022. I only really started taking the tier seriously in late 2023 (roughly around the end of November), and my lone tournament performances haven't been too great, but I play the meta and build for it constantly.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the meta: I've built multiple ND TOTW-winning teams, published 3 ND RMTs that all won RMTOTM, currently host The Lunatic's Workshop (an ND forum project), and written 4 ND analyses (Volcarona, Gouging Fire, Ceruledge, and Kingdra). Solaros & Lunaris and sealoo can vouch for me.

EDIT: Just got onto the official NDOU QC tean as well.

Last edited:

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
- akali123
- Monotype/National Dex Monotype
- Part of the Monotype QC team, Peak in the top 40s on the ladder at one point, Written analyses and QC as well. Actively help people in the PS! Mono and NDM rooms, in the mono cord, and on the Smogon Discord in the Mono team rater channel. Got drafted in MWP and now in NDMPL. Run the Mono Set Comp now and like always I just love helping people in general <3. I'm very confident in my knowledge of the metagame over my timespan of playing this gen. (I guess this count for both my experience and knowledge heh.)
- Ken, Giyu, and Roxie can vouch for me if needed. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)