The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Ajax and Celtic to advance, since i like Ajax and they have an interesting team with Suarez and others that had a good WC.

Altaria, since you know a lot about Ajax, what kids are they bringing out of the juniors this year?
I'm always curious about that.

Ajax doesn't have the world championship internationals right now (they have a vacation). The coach is experimenting woth some youth players. Two of them are really doing well, they will probably be added to the first selection. I am not 100%sure, there is no youth player truly added to the first team yet.

- Aras Ósbilic: A winger, can play both right and left wing. Played on the left wing in the practice games. He played left in the window on the midfield in the practice matches.

- Roly Bonevacia: A defensive midfielder. Played on his favourite position in the practice matches in a 4-4-2-window formation.

For those who are too lazy to open the link:

Liepajas Metalurgs/Sparta Praag - Inter Baki/Lech Poznan
FC Aktobe/ Olimpi Rustavi - Hapoel Tel Aviv/Zeljeznicar
Sheriff/Dinamo Tirana - Dinamo Zagreb/Koper
Litex/Rudar - Birkirkara/Zilina
Levadia/Debrecen - FC Basel
AIK Solna/Jeunesse Esch - Linfield/Rosenborg
Partizan Belgrado/Pyunik - Ekranas/HJK Helsinki
BATE Borisov/FH - FC Kopenhagen
Bohemian/TNS - Anderlecht
Omonia/Renova - Red Bull Salzburg/HB
Ajax - PAOK Saloniki
Dinamo Kiev - AA Gent
Young Boys - Fenerbahce
Sporting Braga - Celtic
Unirea Urziceni - Zenit St Petersburg

1 very nice matche I have to say: Sporting Braga - Celtic

Sporting Braga were 2nd last season in Portugal, dominated the first half of last season and very close to take the title. Celtic on the other hand is and has always been a very good team and usually play Champions League. Not more left to say about Celtic. We all know that they're a good team, so this is going to be 2 great matches.

That's the best deal I have ever seen:

Selling the useless Benayoun, who is already over his top and 30 years old, to Chelsea for about 6.5 million euros and then signing Joe Cole, who in my opinion is a far better footballer then Benayoun and only 28 years old, for free.

Now that is a great deal for Liverpool. Not only did they make a 6.5 million euro profit, they also signed a better player for free as a replacement

Martin Jol did awesome with Tottenham.

This is awful. He might leave Ajax. And even worse, Ajax will get Ronald Koeman as the new coach if that happens. Koeman sucks. A great player, but a terrible coach. Got fired or resigned at every club he worked as a coach.

Jol is angry with the Ajax director, there is no central striker now Pantelic left Ajax, Jol isn't allowed to buy a new one or get one on the free market, the director wants to save money and never thinks about the sportive results, only about his money and bonusses he gets. And about his salary. Today, the directors promised Jol he would get some money to buy a cheap striker and a cheap right winger (or get them on the free market), they're really needed. He'll probably stay.

Phadunk, was the match good? As a Manchester United supporter I'm interested in knowing if any of our younger players looked as if they might be in good form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)