The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward for the Champions League final today. Pretty exciting match but I feel like Inter Milan are going to win. Bayern won't be able to get past a rock solid defense like the Inter defense.

DarkLucario

Kämpfe für deinen Traum
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 8 Championis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, the final will be amazing. I'm rooting for Bayern but both teams really deserve to win it all. I think it will be very close though without Ribery. Hopefully Robben will play well again and shows Madrid that it was a huge mistake to sell him.

I am neutral in this one. I am not an Inter-fan and not a Bayern-fan. Only Ajax-fan.

Inter will win this one with 2-0. Bayern will attack, they can't score, defenders become unconcentrated and go too much forward>Inter goal. When Bayern tries to equalize, second goal and it's over.

1-0 Sneijder.
2-0 Milito.

Blackpool have been promoted to the premier league after beating Cardiff 3-2 in the playoff final.

blackpool in the premier league with a stadium capacity of 12,555. lol

barca should dump ibra...

they don't need him, and he is just eating up their money and young players oppurtunities. should never have let eto'o go imo
100% agreed, but eto isn't even doing that well in Inter Milan as a main striker. He scored 12/32 goals in games as a main striker with him currently playing for Inter Milan.

Inter scored against the run of play, slightly undeserved IMO. "The one team in Europe you don't want to give a goal to." I think this pretty much sums up what will happen now, if Inter don't get another goal this half we could be in for an excellent second half... I wonder what the half-time lectures will be like.

Half time now. Inter is leading with 1 goal. Mourinho's squad is playing compact and are letting Bayern attack as they like, but the speed of the counters of Inter are incredible.

100% agreed, but eto isn't even doing that well in Inter Milan as a main striker. He scored 12/32 goals in games as a main striker with him currently playing for Inter Milan.
Eto'o isn't the main striker at Inter, Milito is. That's why he's nowhere near as good as he was at Barca.

I can imagine thousands of Inter fans singing "Jose Mourinhooo" with english pronounciation, right now.

This is Milito's night, though, not his.

norulz

excellent
1st half ball possession: bayern 63% - 37% inter

both goals were pretty great, especially the second, solo work by milito and an amazing feint led to a pretty fantastic goal, sneijder was pretty good on the entire match too, and to think Inter only got him for 15m (+3m)

robben could've done a lot better, chivu was struggling to keep up with his sprints on the first half

congrats to inter and mourinho

I can imagine thousands of Inter fans singing "Jose Mourinhooo" with english pronounciation, right now.

This is Milito's night, though, not his.
how is this not mourinho's night? he won the champions league, inter hadn't won a champions league since the 60s

also, in italy, you speak italian

I think Broth3r is aiming for the wrong pronounciantion of Mourinho's name Jose. In Portugal, Jose is pronounced as Gosee, because the J is prounenced as a G

In England, as manager of Chelsea, everybody called him Jose.

I am neutral in this one. I am not an Inter-fan and not a Bayern-fan. Only Ajax-fan.

Inter will win this one with 2-0. Bayern will attack, they can't score, defenders become unconcentrated and go too much forward>Inter goal. When Bayern tries to equalize, second goal and it's over.

1-0 Sneijder.
2-0 Milito.
this was a pretty spot on prdeiction, haha

I think Broth3r is aiming for the wrong pronounciantion of Mourinho's name Jose. In Portugal, Jose is pronounced as Gosee, because the J is prounenced as a G

In England, as manager of Chelsea, everybody called him Jose.
I'm from Portugal, lol xD (i dunno wtf they did to the "location" space in the profile, but whatever)
I know they speak italian, but what I'm saying is that (and I heard them doing this) Inter fans sing Jose Mourinho like the english, not like it sounds in italian.

And ofc it was Mourinho's, and for that matter all of Inter's night. But you gotta admit, Milito was the key factor.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Btw Mourinho confirmed in the German TV, that he will leave Inter and train Real next year, dont know if he did this in every country

Immediately after winning champions league, Mourinho always leaves the club. Eto'o has won the treble for the second consecutive year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)