The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wasn't saying he didnt deserve it, seriously?
he scored more and therfore deserves it, stop reading into stuff that isn't there.
the point in rooney could have been selfish and gone for the goals in that game himself, and possible ruined the teams title hopes, drogba was wanting it, rooney wanted the match win simple as. nothing to do with who does and doesnt deserve it.
what if drogbas whinging and tantrums meant he took the penalty for 2-0 and ended up missing, and it ends 1-1? then what?
i dont see how lampard is selfish.. he does what he always does...
as for arsenal, imo, yes they play good football, but arsene needs to change tactics aginast some teams, for two seasons arsenal have been devistated by teams counter attacking them, for a top 4 side losing matches in the same way for 2 seasons in a row, thats not going to win the title.
Liverpool, seem to be a sinking ship, dire against chelsea, only drawing with hull? can't see them making 4th next season either.
city, they will only attract money grabbers, whether it will do them any good, or whether they will become real madrid 2 (so many good players but useless with them).

I hear, there might be a clearout of some players (most players have contracts already though) at united, so maybe some going to make room for more coming.

been a drab season with injuries for united players so 1 point behind isn't bad.
Edwin Van der Sar – 21/38 (55%)
Gary Neville – 17/38 (45%)
Rio Ferdinand – 13/38 (34%)
Nemanja Vidic – 24/38 (63%)
Patrice Evra – 38/38 (100%)
thats the number of games our strongest back 4 were available all season, nothing on chelseas only Jose Bosingwa – 8/38 (21%) was avaiable for less then rio (and neville).
same boat for the top 4 fight, i think everton would have been up there if thier season wasn't ruined by injures, they looked strong in the second half of the season.

Atlético Madrid won the Europa League. Theyu won deserved with 2-1 from Fulham. In the first half, they were better, but during the rest it was 1-1. Forlán hit the pole and scored once. In the second half, no goals, Atlético and Fulham equal. Extra time: Forlán scores in the 116th minute.

Atletico deserved the win, Forlán was godly that day, but I gotta congratulate Fulham for making it that far.

I just hope the thing that happened to the last english UEFA Cup finalist happen to them to.

damn dunga...

No Ronaldinho, no Neymar, no Ganso, no Adriano, damn.

Josué, Felipe Mello, Julio Baptista, damn!

No creativity man in Brazil's middle, if Kaká went bad due to his injures, we're fucked up.

and lol @ argentina with no Cambiasso and Zanetti...

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Exactly what I was ranting about in #SPL today, Rewer. Dunga and Maradona fucked up big time...

Also Dunga didnt call Pato either, who is really good imo.

Sadly enough Chelsea won the Cup today :(

But there is good news anyway: Bayern Munich crushed Werder Bremen with 4-0 in Berlin for the German Cup. Robben again with a goal

And: Olympique Marseille are the league champions of France after many years of dominance of Olympique Lyon and last year Girondins Bordeaux

Tomorrow is the last day of the Primera Division, so tomorrow we'll see if Barcelona can keep their cool or will Real Madrid take the #1 spot on the very last day?

What do you all hope andd what do you think in Italy: Internazionale or AS Roma? Inter visits Siena. Siena is 100% sure relegated to the Serie B. AS Roma visits Chievo Verona. Inter has 2 points more than Roma.

I'd like to see Roma get up, but I really don't see Inter losing it from here. Too bad all the comps are coming to an end, I really enjoyed this season.

Champions League final this Sunday, thoughts?

I'd like to see Roma get up, but I really don't see Inter losing it from here. Too bad all the comps are coming to an end, I really enjoyed this season.

Champions League final this Sunday, thoughts?
It's actually Saturday 22nd, so you don't miss it :P. I'm very looking forward to it and how the stadium will receive Robben and Sneijder. And you were right this season was actually pretty great, and I'm loving the WC starts in less than a month :D.

Now, this gives them a reason to sack Ibrahimovic. He has been a failure. They've ended up purchasing a similar striker like Samuel Eto'o.

Fabregas is supposedly also going, Arsenal should really test Barcelona, 25/30m and either Toure or Ibra.

...............Valdes...............

Alves....Puyol.....Pique.....Maxwell

............Keita/Busquets.............

.......Xavi......Fabregas/Iniesta...

Messi..........Villa......Iniesta/Pedro

that starting 11 is insane.

The Champions League Finals tomorrow. Bayern vs Inter, Jose Mourinho against his former teacher. Predictions guys?

I will watch the match totally neutral. I don't care who wins, because they both deserved it.

55-45 to inter i would say. It will be a great game whathever, very hard game to both sides. Supporting bayern on this btw.

2-2 and penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)