The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, 2-0 for inter...
I'm german and live in italy. Possibly the most horrible feeling ever when all the people are cheering for inter while i'm silently supporting bayern.
Although tbh bayern played terribly. Inter deserved the win.

I have supported Inter since i was little, of course i'm very very happy because they won the Champions league, and both home tournaments.

England V Mexico Tonight. Who do you think will be dropped/start. I think it'll be Joe Hart in goal, and maybe a chance for Tom Huddlestone or maybe Michael Dawson to feature

Some questions,
-How the bloody hell, did New Zealand make it in the World Cup, well their play againt Australia, was alright in the Friendly last night, but they still got thrashed.

-Question for the Australians, do you think Australia, will get to the second round?
I reckon they will, though this is how I think they will go
Germany-Austrlia lost automatically :)
Serbia-Odds, in Aus. favor
Ghana- Maybe a draw

So I can see Germany going in, though, I reckon the decider will be Ghana vs Australia
Ghana is a pretty good soccer squad

Anotherquestion, how did USA get in?

My predictions for your group are completely different. For your first question, the answer definitely is "yes". If you just want me to analyse Australia's fixtures, I'd predict Australia beating Germany since they've nothing left in their team. Against Serbia, Australia don't stand a chance since Serbia is too strong and I can't care less about what the odds say. Against Ghana, I think Australia will win.

USA isn't that bad SY123.

I still can't believe Croatia didn't make it though. A stupid own goal from England cost us our spot in the world cup. Ukraine don't stand a chance at all and seriously wtf are New Zealand gonna do other then lose every match

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Serbia played a very good qualification, so I guess they will beat australia and I'm pretty sure that we will also do this, so I don't think they have much chances to reach round 2 :)

I dont have Foxtel, or Sattelite TV, so I dont know of this going ons, seems intresting too, Though Ghana is one of the best African teams, other than Cameroon, if Germany really did lose all of its stars, then straight fofrward for Aus, anyway.
Though, besides all the favourites (Brazil, France, Italy etc.) Australia is actually a pretty good team, compared to the other teams.

All I can say is, that I hope beyond hope that Australia vs USA, it would be sooooo cool, thats if USA get past the group stage

Serbia played a very good qualification, so I guess they will beat australia and I'm pretty sure that we will also do this, so I don't think they have much chances to reach round 2 :)
Qualification does not mean much. Serbia and Montenegro qualifed with ease in first place with only one goal suffered in 2006 qualify and did a pathetic job in the world cup

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know, but they have a very good team and I'd say they are better then Australia anyways and their group 2006 was hard.

We also scored only one goal at the european championsship 2004 and reached finals 2008, this also doesn't meet anything ;)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Roy Hodgson is a good manager, but we'l have to see if pleasing the Liverpool fans is too much of a task for him. His first protocol is to keep Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, and Benayoun. Then, along with Reina, Kuyt, Johnson, and Carragher (though he sucks) he has players that should perform. I'd imagine Lucas, Agger, Skrtel, and Insua will be first choice / first names on the bench still. Roy will have to dip into the market for a striker if he's allowed to, maybe Zamora?

His only chance to do well is if he does the above and brings a new team spirit to Anfield. Otherwise, Liverpool will just go downhill and they won't be top four contenders if they don't sort themselves out.

Benayoun is likely to go to Chelsea. Even though Hodgson is a good manager, Benitez has squandered far too much money on mediocre players to the point where Man City will probably have a better squad after this transfer window if they buy Toure as expected.

He needs to replace Carragher, buy two quality wingers/attacking midfielders and probably another striker because I can see Jovanovic being Voronin part deux. And even the likes of Johnson, Insua, Aquilani, Agger, Lucas, Babel etc have question marks over whether they can either stay fit, are good enough or have some inherent weakness (Johnson's defending for example). Liverpool will be finishing around 5th unless Hodgson is given big money.

If Madrid come in for Gerrard, I'd snap their arms off for £25m plus and get in Ozil. He doesn't give a fuck about Liverpool anymore. But they'd still have to compete with City, Barcelona, Chelsea and Madrid who are spending ridiculous amounts, which is why their lack of a decent academy is screwing them.

Now the World Championships are over, it is time to use this thread again.

We could talk about the pre-rounds CL/EL.

CL preround clubs. 27/28 July and 3/4 August.

- Ajax (Netherlands)
- Celtic (Scotland)
- BSC Young Boys (Switzerland)
- AA Gent (Belgium)
- PAOK Saloniki (Greece)
- Unirea Urcizeni (Romania)

What games do you hope? Friday is the draw.

I (I am Ajax-supporter) hope.
AA Gent - Ajax
Celtic - PAOK Saloniki
Unirea Urziceni - BSC Young Boys

I hope Celtic go through as they just bought a new mexican player, so I hope to see him perform in the CL this year. I also like Ajax. How many go through though? I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)