The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal currently down 2-0 against Spurs and not a threat anymore. It's all Chelsea now for the League and Cup double :D

Chelsea has this Preimer League in hands, Same about Barça in La Liga, Calcio still very open. Inter and Roma on the title race but i would say Inter. Same @ Bundesliga with Bayern and Schalke. French League is on O.Marsellie's hands.

My prc. champ / runner

Premier League - Chelsea / Manchester Untd
La Liga - Barcelona / Real Madrid
Calcio/Scudetto/Serie A/Whatever italian league - Inter Milan / Roma
Bundesliga - Bayern / Schalke
Ligue 1 - Olympique / Lyon (or maybe lol, Auxerre or even Montpellier D: Bordeaux seems to be out anyway.)
BWINLiga - Benfica / Braga. Lol, Porto.

chelsea do not have it yet, they far from convicing, and have spurs and liverpool to go, if united will all thier games i can see chelsea slipping up

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I knew Arsenal would falter when it really mattered. Chelsea will not drop 7 points in four games, so Arsenal are definitely out. Manchester United's only chance is if they win all the remaining games, and Chelsea mess up in two. If Chelsea have two draws, United still need to make up +5 goal difference in four games.. If Chelsea have a draw and a loss, United can nick it by a point. It won't happen though, the title was gone after the 0-0 at Blackburn. Chelsea will win the Premier League and the FA Cup.

I'm hoping Man Utd can beat Man City tomorrow, current form says City are favourites, but United don't usually have so many poor games in a row. This is the time to bounce back and win, and keep winning just to see what happens and make sure we finish at least second. However, I still think Manchester City has fourth place.

Manchester City

Manchester United (H) - Lose
Arsenal (A) - Draw
Aston Villa - (H) - Win
Tottenham Hotspur (H) - Draw
West Ham United (A) - Win

8 Ponts + 62 Points = 70 Points

City are on good form, and even if they lose to Man Utd, I think they'll be able to go undefeated in those four last games in order to finish 4th.

Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea (H) - Lose
Manchester United (A) - Lose
Bolton Wanderers (H) - Win
Manchester City (A) - Draw
Burnley (A) - Win

7 Points + 61 Points = 68 Points

Spurs have done well and will continue to do so. I wouldn't put it past them doing something against Chelsea or United, but I think they'll be slightly outclassed. A lot could ride on their trip to Eastlands but I think Man City will just hold on.

Liverpool

West Ham United (H) - Win
Burnley (A) - Win
Chelsea (H) - Win
Hully City (A) - Win

12 Points + 56 Points = 68 Points

I think Liverpool will finally put a run together and finish strongly. But they'll have left it too late , fourth place will be out of their reach, I think the team that finishes 4th will end the season on 69-72 points, Liverpool cannot achieve that. They're 5th or 6th depending on how many goals they can knock in.

Aston Villa

Portsmouth (A) - Win
Hull City (H) - Win
Birmingham City (A) - Draw
Manchester City (A) - Lose
Blackburn Rovers (H) - Win

10 Points + 55 Points = 65 Points

Aston Villa usually run out of steam at the death, and I expect them to kind of do that. They'll stay in it until their derby with Birmingham, and fluff it at Man City. 7th.

Everton are mathematically not out of it, but they can only reach 65 which will not be enough. They will draw at least one game and finish on something like 61 or 63, taking 8th.

sfsdfsdfsdf FUCK

United are very much still in it now. Spurs can win today and that would make the gap 1 point, hopefully not though.

UP THE BLUES

a joke performance, deserved to lose. terry's out for some games (is it just 1 or 3?) and its guna mess us up.

if essien can be back for the liverpool game we shuld still win the title

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Terry will be banned for one game. It's still Chelsea's I think, though they need a result at Liverpool.

La Liga just got very interesting again. You'd think Barcelona could've made short work fo Espanyol but this is hte first time since November 4 2009 they have been held down to 0 goals. I don't expect Real Madrid to drop points tomorrow so this will close it down to 1 point like the EPL.

And speaking of, Chelsea sucked bad today, and JT's dismissal makes things worse. I hope they don't let the league slip away like they did 2 years ago by having last minute draws against lesser teams.

The Bundesliga is all about Robben though. He scored a hat-trick in Bayern's demolishing 7-0 against Hannover. He's always been my favourite player, and I can't possily understand why Real Madrid ever thought Ribery would be a good trade for him. Robben is so much more and every time he scores it probably hurts a little on the inside of all of Madrid's followers. That guy, if fit, will be one of the stars in the upcoming ECL games and at the World Cup in the summer. He's my favorite player of all time.

Pretty entertaining football day so far, now I hope Mexico's domestic league provides a few entertaining games as well.

Perez would have viewed it as unacceptable for one of their 'galacticos' to be a player signed under a different president, thus Robben and Sneijder, who are both having amazing seasons, had to go.

Lol

Now everything goes to zero point in premier league

And fuck yeah Robben

edit: lmao look what i find @ man city vs man utd

hah chelsea lucky to lose 2-1
gawd i enjoyed today immensly
winning against city in the last minute for the THIRD time this season, and totteham beating chelsea also puts a dent in citys 4th place hopes joy of joys.
also means liverpool could help us win that 19th title lol

Havak

Yeah, the sweetest feeling would be Liverpool holding Chelsea to a draw, or beating them, and us winning our remaining three games. That'd mean Liverpool give us our 19th Title, overtaking their record (though we've technically got a better top flight record than them now, both having 18 titles, but United have finished as runners-up more times than Liverpool).

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What a brilliant week for football all around, really. This weekend was fantastic, with Man Utd showing City who the REAL team of Manchester is, and Chelsea / Arsenal losing. Now let's hope Chelsea lose to Liverpool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)