The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol cmon, Stoke City was a damn easy meat.

Liverpool is not Stoke City and only the name can make Chelsea feel nervous while Liverpool aint got nothing to fight in this PL (maybe they wish to try a Europa League spot but blah), this can give Liverpool a little advantage.

However the rivality...

Liverpool is still fighting for that #4 spot and a ticket for the Champions League next season, so the match against Chelsea will be an important one for both teams.

well city ended arsenals title hopes with that 0-0 it would be brilliant if liverpool beat chelsea and we won all our games.
speaking of city, the FA have "granted" them permission to sign a keeper?
i can not believe they have been given this, considering there are 3 games to go and they have a keeper

speaking of city, the FA have "granted" them permission to sign a keeper?
i can not believe they have been given this, considering there are 3 games to go and they have a keeper
Not the most outrageous decision they've made in the last days...
Screwing Portsmouth's Europa League "salvation" chance was disgusting. They earned the right to be there, and now they've been stripped of that.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, it's all on Liverpool vs. Chelsea now. If Chelsea fail to win, then United's game directly after it against Sunderland is a massive one. There are rumours that Wayne Rooney could again be returning ahead of schedule, but even if he can play I think he should start on the bench at the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland will be a tricky game regardless of the result in the early kick-off. They've only been defeated at home twice all season, and it's the kind of away fixture Man Utd have struggled to win in this term. The higher mid-table-ish teams with stubborn home records such as Everton, Fulham, Blackburn, Birmingham, Liverpool, and Aston Villa have proved troublesome. All of those teams have four or less home defeats this year and United were unable to break them down, never scoring more than one goal at any of those grounds. We've seen this in games away at the likes of Manchester City where it took the latest of goals to come out on top. However, despite this, Man Utd still have technically the best away record in the Premier League this season.

Chelsea have not won at Anfield in the Premier League for five years, while in that same five year period, Man Utd have beaten Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in every attempt. The results were 1-3, 0-4, and 1-2.

If Chelsea don't beat Liverpool, and Man Utd beat Sunderland, it's Man Utd's title. If Chelsea do beat Liverpool, then it's Chelsea's title. I can't see Chelsea and Man Utd not winning their last home game against Wigan and Stoke respectively, so this coming weekend is the decider. I've said for a while now it's still Chelsea's year, but I'm a Liverpool fan for two hours on Sunday. I never thought I'd say that!

Changing from PL to UCL...

Bayern just demolished Lyon 3-0 on France and they're in the finals. Olic hat-trick.

Lyon played like girls and lol @ Cris.

How can Sunderlands 3rd goalkeeper be better then the goalkeeper of the Faroer Islands national team?

Man those islanders can't play, that's for sure

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How can Sunderlands 3rd goalkeeper be better then the goalkeeper of the Faroer Islands national team?

Man those islanders can't play, that's for sure
Just because they've taken another goalkeeper doesn't mean he will start, does it? They'll just have wanted a goalkeeper on the bench in case their current one gets injured as well.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
No way they just stole Barca a win -_-.

Can we please fucking use technology now, this is getting ridiculous, losing to a stupid ref is the gayest thing ever.

wow, inter totally buttraped them

in all seriousness, that was one of the most disgusting matches I've seen in a long while. Moments like this makes you want to have a "decentcy rule" somewhere, since that was just low. But ah well I guess they got what they wanted.

Handball.

Next time dont run with arms on the air. He put his arm on his stomach after being touched by the ball.

Still nice Inter was able to hold up Barça even with 10 man. Thiago Motta's red card was also something stupid.

That Inter Milan vs Barca match was like pure stall versus conservtive, frail offense (in pokemon terms). To be honest I thought it could have been worse though Barca's manager made some stupid decisions, like taking off Ibrahimovic even though Barca were certain to resort to crosses and corners. I really think Jose Mourinho is the best manager, he always has a multitude of playstyles to choose from and adapt to (which is what he did with Chelsea as well) while Barca only really have one way of playing which not many 20 man teams can stand against let alone 10, I'm glad Inter won (even though that handball decision was wrong I think).

ok, does he need a longer ban? Can he actually get a longer ban?

No.

There's only one match left - the finals. He has a one match ban and he can't have more than that (unfortunately).

OMG did you see what Motta did to Busquets afterwards?!?
That was BS and he shuld get a longer ban for that.
He did that because he went furious about Busquets falling alone in a theatrical scene and got red card for that. He just touched Busquets before that lol

ok, does he need a longer ban? Can he actually get a longer ban?

No.

There's only one match left - the finals. He has a one match ban and he can't have more than that (unfortunately).
Actually yes he can. Its the same situation with Ribery, he missed yesterday's game, will miss the final and the 1st game in next years CL. Drogba and Bosingwa's bans last year were also similar.

No way they just stole Barca a win -_-.

Can we please fucking use technology now, this is getting ridiculous, losing to a stupid ref is the gayest thing ever.
You have to be joking! The red card was the ridiculous moment of the match, and had that not happened it would've been a more open match. That was a FOUL at most, and because of the bad refereeing the match got really boring with 10 Inter defenders but it's what they had to do to move on to the final, can't blame them for that.

The red card probably even hurt Barça more since Inter would've been more willing to counterattack and be a little less clumped back at least for the first hour or so, but the red just pushed all of Inter back. It was as if Eto'o was playing left back lol.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OMG did you see what Motta did to Busquets afterwards?!?
That was BS and he shuld get a longer ban for that.
I know right! I can't believe he touched him and said some angry words to him, especially after Busquets was still recovering from that terrible punch to the face! In my opinion, he deserves to be banned completely for touching somebody.
Seriously, Busquets looked so pathetic, rolling around on the floor looking through his hands to see what the ref was doing, and the whimpering like a baby when Motta grabbed him and had a go at him afterwards. Spanish players are pussies. If anybody should get a ban it's Busquets.

Guys, let's face it. Barcelona got what they deversed: they got kicked out by pure tactics and smartness.

Every pro-Barca/gloryhunter has said that Barcelona play attacking football in it's optima forma, the way that Barca play is the only proper way to play football, etc. Well, after this match the only conclusion that I can think of is that Barcelona weren't smart enough and hadn't got the attacking ideas and creativity to break through the Inter defence. Inter won the match in the Giuseppe Meazza and came to Barcelona with only 1 thought: not to lose. And they did that smarter then Barcelona. Face it, Inter gave Barcelona every opportunity to let them play as Barcelona plays, but Barcelona just couldn't break through.

Inter outsmarted Barcelona, more doesn't need to be said. And about that red card of Motta. To be honest, he did touch Busquets face and it could be a yellow card, but that red card was a little harsh. Busquets had absolutely no right of laying down. He went down as if Motta bit him in the face. Busquets deserved a card as well if Motta gotten one. That acting of his isn't appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)