List of released Dream World Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's the "all-legendaries-are-Ubers-and-overpowered" syndrome, common among noobs who can't comprehend why a Pokémon sucks so badly
Or maybe they know DW pokémon get special abilities and believe Regigigas gets something better. I know I'd vote for Regigigas instead of Ditto if I wasn't here since day one having a heart attack while looking over Serebii's DW list.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
For the record, specs charizard is far from a free switch in to politoed.

To be honest, charley probably wouldn't win the US poll. He's liked, but not as much as the "He's overrated." crowd thinks.

If Mewtwo wins, I'd be so pissed...

For the record, specs charizard is far from a free switch in to politoed.

To be honest, charley probably wouldn't win the US poll. He's liked, but not as much as the "He's overrated." crowd thinks.

If Mewtwo wins, I'd be so pissed...
At least it has a DW ability. I just hope Pikachu doesn't win.

It's the "all-legendaries-are-Ubers-and-overpowered" syndrome, common among noobs who can't comprehend why a Pokémon sucks so badly
Before I got into competitive battling I had that :P. I couldnt believe that the birds and dogs were in UU, and now I realize. XD

Scarf Imposter Ditto is pretty much the end-all to all set-up sweepers, mind you.
Except for things like Volcarona, who boost their respective Defense-stat as well. But for DDers, Ditto makes every single one of them useless.

Scarf Imposter Ditto is pretty much the end-all to all set-up sweepers, mind you.
I learned that lesson the hard way playing in dream world with a cloyster.

But I really hope ditto comes out soon. I won't be using ditto, but I'll really enjoy the pressure he puts on setup sweepers and hopefully will lesson the tide of them.

Why not let Falcon have the gentlemen automatically?
The PAL version of Melee already has it and it's a pretty good buff without actually breaking anything.
Jabbing three times results in a gentlemen, any more results in rapid jabs.
We also don't need a code for it this way

alphatron

^I'm pretty sure Project M will be giving him his gentlemen back. They have already said that they may be taking aspects from the Pal version of the ga-

Wait a minute, why are you posting this here?

As far as ditto is concerned, it would be interesting to see how setup sweeper teams would attempt to play around him, yeah.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Setup sweepers don't have to prepare for him. They'll proceed to kill everything as they normally do because Ditto can't switch in. When he gets in he's locked into one move. How unfortunate it would be if he steals your +1 Gyarados only to meet a Skarmory.

People will use him for a while, but he'll still be a gimmick, not the savior to Black and White OU. I say this as an experienced Dream World player who's met the impending threat of Ditto and lived to tell the tale by laughing at him as he copies a wall or sweepers that can't sweep with only one move.

I hear Ditto isn't very popular here.

alphatron

Why the hell would ditto try to copy a move?

I'm not afraid of scarfed ditto. I'm afraid of the numerous users who will get away with running non scarfed ditto and winning the 50% speed tie or tricking you into thinking they're scarfed as you switch out.

SJCrew

That does not sound like a problem to me. My only fear is that Ditto will be used as a substitute for thinking, and that many players will neglect the consistent, and reliable options that could have been used in its spot, finding themselves yearning for it when their "get out of sweep free" card fails to perform.

Is there anyone else here who doesn't want ditto to be released? I just have a feeling that if once it is, nearly every team will carry it and take away some of the skill involved in pokemon. Also for me, most of my teams focus on a setup sweeper, so ditto would completely ruin me :P

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, SJCrew just linked us to PO's DW stats and Ditto is used in, like, 5% of the teams... I can't even begin to fathom how would that translate to "every team carrying one" even if we only took the top of the top of the top of the Smogon OU ladder into account.

Breloom, on the other hand... Fucking prick, three generations with one of the worst BSTs in OU and yet he's always there being an annoying pussy, just because his uncle works at Game Freak and always give it a new toy to play with. Next step: Poison Heal granting Poison immunity and Water Absorb-esque Poison Healing, and an evolution.

SJCrew

That's also a metagame without team viewing mechanics. You have no way of knowing he's coming. He was top 5 easily back in the day, but now, he's just not being used that much, not even among top players.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Maybe that's because of a "Whimsicott factor?" People aren't using him because he has no clear role on a team, and is passed by in team building.

Ditto can be used intelligently though. You could switch him in on your opponent's Blissey to see if it's running Toxic, Twave or Ice Beam ect. Scout your opponent's moves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)