Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried looking in this thread and previous simple question/simple answer...but whats the host and port for the smogon server on shoddy?

I was formerly FieryKai. I stopped coming to Smogon a little bit before the summer. I had a trading thread going on in WiFi, which is why I want my name back.

I've lost my password. I did the whole "Type in your email here if you've forgotten your password" thing. However, my email is a Yahoo one, and I think that's affecting it. I haven't gotten the email yet and I've been trying for days. Is there any way I can get my old pass?

I know I'm breaking the rules by making this new account, but I really just need it to ask this question. It can be deleted after everything has been resolved.

Btw, I can prove it's me w/ my Email+AIM.

Sketchy. Anyways, as far as I know hotmail is the only email system that doesn't work correctly with Smogon.
  • Are you sure you got the right email address?
  • Did you check your spam folder?

Sketchy. Anyways, as far as I know hotmail is the only email system that doesn't work correctly with Smogon.
  • Are you sure you got the right email address?
  • Did you check your spam folder?
Yep, it's the right email address. I was checking through my old mail and I found the one where Smogon is asking me to verify my account.

And yeah, I checked my spam folder. It's not in there. T_T

Hey, putting together a team for personal use, and I am trying to make it the most annoying possible team (stuff like Switcheroo Lopunny) and was just looking for some other pokemon I can use to similar benefit. Any advice?

This means stuff meant to cripple everything for a sweep from some heavy- duty sweeper (Gyarados/ Salamence, IDK, just set something up)

when I'm SRing a ledgend and I'm trying to keep it to 30-31 IVs in speed and a +speed nature. do I need something with one speed point under 31 or the same speed as 31 IVs?

EDIT: thanks Macle X

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am trying to send a Wonder Card for the Toys R Us Darkrai event (USA) to my friend, monsieurmal, but it is not working.

My friend has an English version of Pokemon Pearl. Mine is a (probably) English Pokemon Diamond.

Whenever I select 'Check Card' and then the Darkrai Card, it only comes up with Info, Trash, and Exit.

What's going on? And how do we send cards over?

I have already received Darkrai ingame, and we do NOT have each other's friend codes. Does it make a difference?

Thanks.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Umm, are you trying to send it to him over wi-fi? I don't think that works.. Wait, I don't think you can send these cards to each other even. Is it from the event or hacked?

Can anyone tell me what this person was actually asking? I didn't understand.

when I'm SRing a ledgend and I'm trying to keep it to 30-31 IVs in speed and a +speed nature. do I need something with one speed point under 31 or the same speed as 31 IVs?

EDIT: thanks Macle X
I probably don't need this, just curiosity.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
He's basically asking that when you are SRing for a legendary pokemon, you can make your synch's speed one point lower than the minimum speed you want on the legendary.
For example, you want a Heatran with at least 31 speed IVs. Suppose a heatran with 31 IVs in speed hits a speed of 305. You get a synch with a speed of 304. Attack Heatran, and if he outspeeds you, then you know he has max speed, and catch him. Otherwise you just SR.
Hope you get the picture.

Sincerely,
Yours Truly

Ooh, thanks. That may come in handy. :)

However, if you do catch it, isn't there still the chance they don't have max speed, but you just won the speed tie?

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Umm, are you trying to send it to him over wi-fi? I don't think that works.. Wait, I don't think you can send these cards to each other even. Is it from the event or hacked?
It's from the event, I'm trying to send it via 'Receive from Friend' (wireless), and it won't work. Help?

He's basically asking that when you are SRing for a legendary pokemon, you can make your synch's speed one point lower than the minimum speed you want on the legendary.
For example, you want a Heatran with at least 31 speed IVs. Suppose a heatran with 31 IVs in speed hits a speed of 305. You get a synch with a speed of 304. Attack Heatran, and if he outspeeds you, then you know he has max speed, and catch him. Otherwise you just SR.
Hope you get the picture.

Sincerely,
Yours Truly
Actually, you'll need one with 277 Speed; I believe that in-game (such as when SRing), you get a 10% Speed boost because of the badge effects.

It's from the event, I'm trying to send it via 'Receive from Friend' (wireless), and it won't work. Help?
The only gift that you can send to others is the Secret Key in Platinum. All other events can't be transferred to other games.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Can a Bad Egg muck up Pokemon Diamond?

Is there a way to prevent it? And what has to be done in order for it to ruin the game?
It can.

Don't use an AR or other peripherals, and I don't think you have a chance of getting one, unless you deliberately trade for one. And I'm pretty sure taking the time needed to hatch it is one of the things that can crash your game. So, if you saved one step away from it hatching, without being next to a computer, I think (not entirely sure) you'd need to find a way to remove the Bad Egg from your game or never be able to play again.

It can.

Don't use an AR or other peripherals, and I don't think you have a chance of getting one, unless you deliberately trade for one. And I'm pretty sure taking the time needed to hatch it is one of the things that can crash your game. So, if you saved one step away from it hatching, without being next to a computer, I think (not entirely sure) you'd need to find a way to remove the Bad Egg from your game or never be able to play again.
Lucky my DS is still on and I have not saved yet. :toast:

THANKS (sorry for capitals)

The thing is, I saw that by catching enemy trainer's Pokemon using an external device results in the Pokemon being named as "Bad Egg", even though the Pokemon just looks normal. Not like anything that can be hatched. Does that still count as a Bad Egg?

By the way, I tend to keep hacking on Diamond to am absolute minimum, but on Pearl I kind of do my own stuff on it. <={-_-}=>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)