Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
@starfox: I don't know about Trainers, but Haunter gives two points. You can find Haunter in Turnback Cave. Golduck too. You can find Golduck in the pond in the Resort Area. Beaten by RB Golbat, nevermind.

Now, I have a question. When making an edit, how do you edit it with images. Like, I mean, the way it edits for me now is with IMG tags, and B and I and U, and Color Names. How do I change this? I ask because I remember being able to do that on my posts when I first signed up.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
When making an edit, how do you edit it with images. Like, I mean, the way it edits for me now is with IMG tags, and B and I and U, and Color Names. How do I change this? I ask because I remember being able to do that on my posts when I first signed up.
User CP, Edit Options, Miscellaneous Options, Message Editor Interface to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing", Save Changes.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Ooops, sorry, I asked the question wrong. I mean, when I edit, I don't want the stupid clutter of and stuff like that, and [Color] and yeah. When I first signed up, when I did all those options, none of the codes appeared, it was a clean cut Bold and Italicize.[/quote]
Try using the other options for the Miscellaneous.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
None:(. I don't know, it's really weird, do you have the clutter when you post and when you edit?
Usually, yes. Sometimes, I use cntl-B, I, or U for formatting the test without the vB code. Smilies show up fine, without needing to enter the text for it. Pictures too.

EDIT: The buttons above do the same for me, no showing up of the vB tags.

Usually, yes. Sometimes, I use cntl-B, I, or U for formatting the test without the vB code. Smilies show up fine, without needing to enter the text for it. Pictures too.

EDIT: The buttons above do the same for me, no showing up of the vB tags.
Odd, I wonder why the vB tags appear for me. I really want the easy Microsoft Word feel. Do you know who can help me get this easy feature??

The top-right icon in the "Message" box is the Editor Mode.

Try clicking on that so that it's selected. That should get you your "Microsoft Word" feel.
Wow, thanks a lot, lemme try it.

EDIT: I'm on Advanced Interface, and I don't have that. Do you think that there is an error with my editing or something?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I haven't played Standard in 3 months. I returned like yesterday. So can someone tell me what the metagame is like at the moment? Is it offense, still, or is stall becoming more prominent? Is it worth investing in powerful wallbreakers like Dragonite?(fuck you Salamence)

What are the Evasion tiers?

Or even better, where were they originally posted for D/P so I don't have to ask this again in the future?

@Doval: Look at the stat article on the main site: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/stats#stagemods

@Erodent: Well, there are the rain team and hail stall guides on the main site. There is also a trick room site yet to be uploaded floating around somewhere in C&C. But, no, there isn't really a single team building guide to my knowledge. I think the stickies in the Rate My Team forum have some tips and you can also sign up for the tutoring program.

My advice: just stick some stuff on a team, and have fun battling with it! The more you battle, the better you'll get, and the more you'll know what you want on a team. Team building really just comes with battling experience.

That's pretty good advice. =D
Still, I was hoping that Smogon would have a guide describing how to build a proper team - wall selection, synergy etc

What is a good pokemon to basically try to sweep everything with? I know that there is no pokemon that can singlehandedly sweep everything, but what pokemon come closest to doing so? Ideally ones that don't need to spend a turn boosting stats.

Something strange happened a minute ago:
Umbreon woke up!
Umbreon used Snatch.
Umbreon waits for a target to make a move!
Ninjask used Substitute.
Ninjask lost 25% of its health.
Ninjask made a substitute!
Ninjask's Speed Boost raised its speed!

Ninjask received the substitude, while I thought I should receive it and he should lose HP.Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)