CAP 12 CAP1 - Part 8 - (Name Submissions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abecedarian, I think Gruffian is a great name. I like how it combines alot of different words into one (Gruff, Ruff, Avian, Lion, and even stuff like Indian and Guardian) but it's still easy to spell and pronounce.

Definitely up there with Tomohawk as my favorite name so far.

fearow23's Zazumba is good too. It's a very unique name, and I like how it's also easy to pronounce. Plus it's just a fun word to say.

"Zazumba!"

EDIT: Hoodwhacka is now my favorite name so far. The way it incorporates the tribal elements, the fighting type, the abilities, and the actual appearance all in to one is too great to not like. Plus it's super fun to say.

"Hoodwhacka!"

Incantem

(In-kant-em)

Inca + Momentum
or Mayantum

Mayantem

Mayan + Momentum
Momayawk

Momentum + Mayan + Hawk
All my Ideas contain a South american Tribe and Momentum, as I think containing the concept idea in the submission is a good way of keeping the concept clear. The Art has a clear tribal flair, and the final submission also caontains hawk, which was the best fitting avian creature I could think of.

Final Submission

Final Submission :

Gratalion

(great / griffin + Atalanta, mythological heroin and huntress, which fits with the concept to "hunt" the momentum + lion, which is an awesome suffix for me)

Also, please be more careful in your name submissions, guys. I mean... Gryphawk? Fauwk? Am I the only one who sees something terribly wrong with these names?
That was an oversight, I admit. But I stand by my submission. If Cofagrigus can be released in an official Pokemon game, I think we can handle this.

Final Submission:

Hoodwhacka

Hood + Kwakwaka'wakw + whack

This name incorporates the physical appearance of the Pokemon; it seems to be wearing a hood over its head. It also pays homage to the tribe and style of totem pole which this Pokemon seems to represent-

- that of the Kwakwaka'wakw.

Finally, it references the Pokemon's fighting type by utilizing the normal spelling of the word whack - a "sharp or resounding blow" or "to strike forcefully with a sharp blow."

The complete name itself lends credibility to the abilities Intimidate and Prankster in the way it seems to sound like a "gangsta" term. Hoodwhacka is a fitting name which ties each aspect of this Pokemon together. Additionally Hoodwhacka is reminiscent of the term "hoodwink," which lends itself to Prankster.

The submissions that stand out of the crowd for me are
Gruffian
Griffgraff
and tomahawk
gruffian and griffgraff have that scrappy prankster fighting-type feel
and tomahawk is just awesome.

I'm leaning towards using Faux, although a lot of people have used that already. I would like to incorporate its "tribal" appearance and protective aura, without making the name too complicated.
Scarefaux
Fauxtum (many variations of this, including fauxtem, fauxmentum)
Quillakota, or Quilakotta as a different spelling.
Scarefaux is obviously Scarecrow + Faux
Fauxtum is Faux + Totem/Momentum
Quillakota is Quill + Lakota, referring to the pokemon's description and the Lakota Sioux Tribe. It also vaguely references the Terracotta Army, bringing a sense of its fighting type. This submission is slightly different to the rest :P
Thoughts? I need to go in an hour, and won't be returning until tomorrow (GB).

Final Submission

Change of mind, Quilakotta.

Jabbagriff

bcos pro.

The Other Doug said:
Abecedarian, I think Gruffian is a great name. I like how it combines alot of different words into one (Gruff, Ruff, Avian, Lion, and even stuff like Indian and Guardian) but it's still easy to spell and pronounce.
Or just Griffin and Ruffian.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

So, this Pokemon is a griffin. Or actually, a fake griffin. So that made me think of

Aigleous

A griffin is part eagle, part lion. This name is a combination of "Aigle" (from which the word eagle is derived), "leo" (the latin word for lion), and "erroneous" (meaning wrong or false).

And since nothing else has come to me, I am just going to make this final.

I have a sugestion; it looks like it is wearing a hoodie, so someone might want to incorporate that... unfortunately, I am not creative enough to think of anything (that's why i haven't used this forum much :D)

Grypholeon
Gryphon + Leon (Spanish for Lion)
* A little variation to the Grphon name

Nesaru
Sky spirit in Arikara mythology
* This is actually my favorite, every time i see it, it reminds me of the native american looks it has, the color scheme fits and I think is a strong name that goes with it's looks

Misaeron
Misae (white sun/spirit of the sun) + Eron (mountain of strenght)
* This seems appropiate since every time i see it it reminds me of the sun and the strength of it

Iliukalt
from iluikaltl (nahuatl for sky)
* Again, it seems fit with the Indian concept

Final Submission

The Philippine Eagle is a fucking badass. Thus:

Haribion

"Haribon" is a local name for the Philippine Eagle, just throw in an "i" after the "b" and you can pretend you just combined a name with lion. And to prove the might of this name:

<HD_AFK> apparently "Haribon" is one of the local names for the philippine eagle
<HD_AFK> and throw in an "i" and you have haribon+lion
<+capefeather> lol
<+capefeather> go for it
* ~DougJustDoug (~dougd@CC5857D4.3A7F0DBF.E0DEC1BD.IP) Quit (Quit: )
<+capefeather> doug is running in fear of the name you have just created

Medeotem - Medeoulin (what the shamans of the Abenaki tribe were called) + totem.
Wrextli - Wrecks +Mextli (an Aztec god of war and storms, relating to the fighting and flying types of CAP1 respectively). Also incorporates wrestling into it.

Final Submission

Grifgraff - A combination of griffin and riff-raff, this alludes to his prankster ability and the rough-and-tumble qualities of fighting types, while also helping drive home that "hey guys, this right here is a griffin!" The name has a fun, playful feel that I think also fits. I took out one of the "f"s because it really did look like too much.

Just some ideas...
Grifflum (Griffin+Hoodlum) Hoodlum is like a michievious trouble maker... works in with prankster... sorta.
Combahawk (Combat + Hawk) Idk sounds good to me :x feedback?

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
What about Gruffian? It combines "gruff," "ruff," (a neck decoration, could be a mane) and "avian" while recalling "lion."
It's not that different from "Gruffion" or others that have been suggested, but I think it gets the point across and it rolls of the tongue.
Lol I like this one, Not only cuz it was a name I had posted and inquired on, but because next to Squallble, it was the next best name I could come up with that sounded nice and natural.

I won't care if you submit it as a final sub, I went with A different name anyway and tbh I would be happy with it either way lol

What about Consoar? It's a portmanteau of "conceal" and "soar". I think it's appropriate, since this CAP is a Flying type that conceals its own identity.

Flyger

Fly + Tiger
It's a good idea, but I think it sounds a little too much like "Flygon", and it doesn't make me think of a Fighting-type.

Fauxhawk

.....Just kidding I'm actually hitting a deadlock (which is weird for me) but I'll have a few up.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Fauxray

faux = fake, ray = beam of radiant energy (conveys special attacking), foray = a quick, sudden attack usually for the purpose of taking plunder

Final Submission

Gryphony (GRIFF-fun-ee)
Etymology: Gryphon (or griffin) + phony (fake/false)

I like this because its pronunciation seems to work, the spelling is unique, and it looks awkward if spelled "Griffony." It also sounds cool. :P

Final Submission

Hoodleon
(Hood + Leon) just wanted to incorporate the hood like design and an animal and this just hit me and it sounded great. so yes :) good luck to everyone. i must say Tomohawk is catching my eye.

I'm backing both DarkSlay's Gryphaux & Kennisiou's Grifgraff right now.

I was going to submit Griffaux myself, but Its A Random already beat me to it. Then I saw DarkSlay's spelling of it, and realized it looked better.

Grifgraff, on the other hand, adds to the 'adorable badass' look it already has, so there's that. If it doesn't make it, I'd at least like to see the prevo (I hope) with that name.

DJD's Tomohawk comes in 2nd for the double-Native American pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)