How To Become Pro At Chaining

oh yeah lol
well... it works for every other pokemon under the sun, that's what I did with heatran =P but beldum has a decent enough catch rate where you could use hypnosis gengar and just keep chucking balls at it at full health
Beldum's catch rate is 3, which is the worst I think you can get. Most legendaries have a catch rate of 3.

I'm now chaining Miltank (I haven't seen anybody else doing it, and I loves my Miltanks!). Chain at 27 at the moment...

That and quick balls own, obviously.

<--- Sweet Avatar

As for Beldum, I think I'm just going to let Darkrai do most of the work and see what happens. I'll probably be Master Balling mostly. The other balls all have shitty catch rates, or are shitty in general. False Swiping just seems like a terrible idea to me. Wish me luck!

lol, thanks Phizzlax. Yea, Jiggy, the Dusk Ball is pretty sick, but my IV's seem to be best in Quick Balls, so I love them.

That sucks Phizz, I hate breaking anything past 35. If it's any comfort I've broken Vibrava at 37 and 40.

Well, Diesel finally broke on through to the other side. Beldum is way way easier than Vibrava I'll tell you that. I'm at 41 right now, 2 shinies! Hopefully I can reel in about 10 more of these fuckers. Woooooot!!

UPDATE: 5, and probably calling it a night, I'll pick it up again tomorrow.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jeez, I don't think I even HAVE 35 box stalls. Power to you guys. I got a lot of crap to clean out before I could hope to do this (old unused breed fodder).

Diesel, did you get shiny Beldums!?!? How did you do? How many time did you spend to chain to 40?
Anyway, I think that a Level 90 aprox Gengar, with Nightshade and Hypnosis should be enough. With a 90 power NS it could be in red numbers, and with Hypnosis you will have more turns to throw him some balls.
How did you see the patchs? I look focusly but I can't see everyone.

Instead of chaining Miltank I got into a battle with a Bonsly and chained those instead last night. I have four shinies and counting ^_^

Chou - You kill the pokemon to get to 40, you don't catch them. You only catch the shinies, so limited box space is fine (to a certain extent of course).

Mekkah - Thank you very much, I'm glad you appreciate my work.

Trust - Yea, I have 5 and counting. I had homework to do last night so I had to put down my DS, but I'm picking it up again in a few hours when it's morning in the game. I recommend doing it in the morning, when you should be able to see every patch pretty well. It took me over 100 super repels to get to 40, but again, I'm very conservative. I only broke two chains (both at 9 -_-) before getting to 40, which I was pretty pleased with. It wasn't too hard overall, not nearly as bad as Vibrava, which has an inferior appearance rate. I've just Master Balled every one BTW, I might start trying to catch them with other balls once I have more of them, but I really don't wanna kill one. Good luck.

Question:
Why is it that people like seeing this thread in C&C? What is the advantage of it being in C&C? I don't really get it. My worry is that people might not post here as much, and that people might not find out about it. Are these concerns legitimate? I would think so, but who knows.

Wow Dr.Enzyme, you're on fucking fire. Do you have Wi-Fi? Please say yes.

Marrilpet - Do they? Will they? Those are my questions.

New page. Here's my question. Answer it. Everyone.

Diesel said:
Why is it that people like seeing this thread in C&C? What is the advantage of it being in C&C? I don't really get it. My worry is that people might not post here as much, and that people might not find out about it. Are these concerns legitimate? I would think so, but who knows.

Question:
If you ask me, I'd say it's a valid concern, since you seem to want to discuss chaining as well as teach it, and discussions don't really happen here, since this is where guides and stuff go.

If it was me, I'd probably make a "chaining discussion" thread for the discussion, and leave the guide here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)