Mafia 101 NOC: game over (mafia win)

There is really no reason to not vote anyone right now considering that I have no idea who scum or town is (Except mafia). But coming from random voting, here it is (HOW MANY SEVENS/2):
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:

32 100 36 46 43 42 51 6 77 17 72 7 98 47 12 72 90 87 79 5 63 71 29 70 38 3 29 25 74 97 48 28 48 76 21 1 45 1 94 89 40 52 100 23 53 31 33 88 55 37 91 73 34 54 72 7 38 18 21 65 53 20 68 3 93 18 20 67 83 53 67 34 33 76 51 62 62 53 15 49 54 76 34 60 26 94 86 8 30 8 17 85 41 57 50 8 99 85 2 94
So VOTE HITMONLEET

General thoughts on the game? My thought right now is that most of this early stage is entirely worthless (also lol at asking on thoughts for the game not even one page in)

Vote No Lynch :)
Jk jk

I don't like all this random voting, so I'm going to mimic Knights, and offer a few questions to everyone:

1. What is the best way to scumhunt?
2. Should emotional evidence be considered when scumhunting?
3. With such a lack of roles in this game, how should we go about protecting our cop, while dealing with the lack of information?
1. Read the thread, see how players are interacting. See who is pushing wagons, who hops on them, who is driving discussion and to what end etc. But voting King_ seems like its had a 100% success rate so far, so that works too.
2. Mafia is a human game, so I think you have to include emotional evidence in scumhunting.
3. I agree with Texas, I don't like this question. It just gives scum a way to look at how different people would play / act if they are and are not the cop. Especially in a game with newer players who will probably be more transparent, this seems like a bad idea.

1. Vote King

Questions of my own:

1. Given the players in this game and the general bias towards newer players who may have more obvious tells, how much should meta be considered in reads?
2. Lynch obvscum experienced player Haruno y/n?
3. How do we deal with claims when a player reaches L-1? The only possible claim is cop or vanillager and we don't want our cop CCing...
1. While I wouldn't put a huge premium on meta, it should still be considered as far as reads go in my opinion.
2. Yes, with King_ we already have 2 of the 3 mafia confirmed. Easy game.
3. While I would love to say that claims at L-1 are bad, if the cop sees they are getting lynched and are at L-1, they absolutely should claim. Even if they still die, it at least gets there current inspects out there. Whether or not to believe the claim is based on a lot of factors depending on the current state of the game though. Vanilla players have no business claiming in my opinion, especially considering its the obvious claim. Show you are town by being useful and reading the game.

Hitmonleet can you explain why it's town beneficial to discuss how we protect our cop knowing that scum can watch us decide on it?
TBH, I meant for us to emphasize the latter of the questions (How do we scumhunt without much information). The attempt was to imply the cop shouldn't try to hint at themself at all, because Mafia would pick up on it (See: Deathnote NOC) but I get what you are saying.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry I hadn't come to this thread sooner.

Maybe this is me just being new to this, but why all the blind voting for King_ when there was a pretty suspicious attempt by Hitmonleet to discern the identity of the cop? I vote Hitmonleet.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Maybe this is me just being new to this, but why all the blind voting for King_ when there was a pretty suspicious attempt by Hitmonleet to discern the identity of the cop? I vote Hitmonleet.
We Were planning to megabus at deadline I assume unless asek's ghostee convinces us all that he's town and that we have bigger fish to fry.

That wasn't the intention of my question. What I was trying to say was how do we manage to not mess up and get our only informative role lynched or night killed, and how we manage to counter the lacking information from needing to protect our cop.

Also, please, read the post above yours. I tried to explain my sentiment behind the action there. It bothers me that you've hopped on the bandwagon without analyzing my statements and explanations.

Yes, I will admit, it may have been kind of a stupid statement, but the intention of it is still there. We have to scumhunt, and sus out who the Mafia are by doing so. We lack any information, and we have to play off of what little we can gather.

unvote
vote biggie

jumping on the hitmonleet vote with no reason other than "he's suspicious" rubs me in the wrong way. also considering that he already had three votes on him makes it look like you're trying to jump in the middle of a bandwagon and not draw much attention.

i agree, this is a good game. except for the part where i've been low activity, and everyone has been low activity, and te only way we're getting info is a last ditch claim from a cop that we won't even be able to trust.

anyways there were some questions asked that i can't remember, so i'm just going to point out some things that i either observed or thought i observed but actually i'm slowly losing my mind: memes galore in "lol we should just lynch X"; there were a few attempts at someone trying to lead town, and those people should be trusted as far as we can throw them. town leaders shmown leaders. give me substance don't try and get it out of other people. that being said, other people do gotta step up, but that's their problem.

withholding vote until my mind returns from its little journey, but feel free to lure me back with some Good Analyses.

I only got 2 so far.
I agree with whydon AND biggie, at the same time, they are good suspects of the same reason, which is Hitmonleet.
Biggie's hitmonleet is seemingly scum post agrees with me because it looks to me to lure cop, or center town around cop.
Whydon then goes and says that the post seems off, a diversion of sorts to divert attention, which is can also be right. This, though, for me btw, makes me see Why as Leet's accomplice, IF they are mafia, which I can only be partly sure of if one of them.flips scum.

I only got 2 so far.
I agree with whydon AND biggie, at the same time, they are good suspects of the same reason, which is Hitmonleet.
Biggie's hitmonleet is seemingly scum post agrees with me because it looks to me to lure cop, or center town around cop.
Whydon then goes and says that the post seems off, a diversion of sorts to divert attention, which is can also be right. This, though, for me btw, makes me see Why as Leet's accomplice, IF they are mafia, which I can only be partly sure of if one of them.flips scum.
I'm not trying to "defend" Hitmonleet, I was just saying that it's suspicious for someone to jump on the bandwagon with no reason other that "he's suspicious". Hitmonleet is rather suspicious as well but again Biggie jumped on an early bandwagon and failed to justify why.

unvote
vote biggie

jumping on the hitmonleet vote with no reason other than "he's suspicious" rubs me in the wrong way. also considering that he already had three votes on him makes it look like you're trying to jump in the middle of a bandwagon and not draw much attention.
That wasn't his reasoning at all. His reasoning was that hitmonleets question looks like an attempt to out the cop. This seems like a terrible defense of hitmonleet and I'm not really sure why.

King, why am I mafia after my two posts thusfar?

Also just an FYI, I only have phone access for this weekend, so responses will probably be rather short.

Vote whydon

That wasn't his reasoning at all. His reasoning was that hitmonleets question looks like an attempt to out the cop. This seems like a terrible defense of hitmonleet and I'm not really sure why.
Again, I'm not trying to defend Hitmonleet, it's just that Biggie's vote for Hitmonleet, to me, feels like they are a bit too excited for a Hitmonleet lynch. I mean, their first post in the thread was basically "let's end RVS and vote Hitmonleet". I'm not saying it's scummy to want to end RVS since a lot of players feel it can go on for a bit too much, but it feels like a push for a Hitmonleet lynch.

1. What is the best way to scumhunt?
Depends on the game, personally I believe in just looking at scum reads after a certain point in the game and more so look for people who are trying to manipulate situations to lynch townies.
2. Should emotional evidence be considered when scumhunting?
Depends on the person and the situation.
3. With such a lack of roles in this game, how should we go about protecting our cop, while dealing with the lack of information?
By not pressuring the cop to claim until they need to. That said, the cop should also probably find ways to drop hints about their finds in case they get randomly killed and all the information is lost. There was something someone posted a few games back where there was a strategy where multiple people claim cop and post their results and when the cop actually dies, go back and read their posts. I don't remember the exacts, but that might be worth looking into for this game.

1. Given the players in this game and the general bias towards newer players who may have more obvious tells, how much should meta be considered in reads?
Besides being a bit more forgiving for nooby mistakes, not a ton. Oh, besides king. Because king is without a doubt scum and should be the D1 lynch.
2. Lynch obvscum experienced player Haruno y/n?
No...?
3. How do we deal with claims when a player reaches L-1? The only possible claim is cop or vanillager and we don't want our cop CCing...
Depends on the situation. But I'd rather not post exactly what I'd do when the scum can read it and work out how to play around it.

Currently scum read on Whydon for the really weird argument on Biggie.
Maybe this is me just being new to this, but why all the blind voting for King_ when there was a pretty suspicious attempt by Hitmonleet to discern the identity of the cop?
He literally gave a reasoning, and not an awful one at that. Though, personally I do feel Biggie's reasoning is rather stretching and it does feel as though it could be someone newer trying to push that lynch, it also could be a legit read.

More concerning though, is Whydon trying to push a Biggie lynch suddenly for a reason that is quantifiable wrong, is hella suspicious and scummy.

So question for everyone, why do you think Whydon tried to lie about Biggie's vote and move the lynch to him?

He literally gave a reasoning, and not an awful one at that. Though, personally I do feel Biggie's reasoning is rather stretching and it does feel as though it could be someone newer trying to push that lynch, it also could be a legit read.

More concerning though, is Whydon trying to push a Biggie lynch suddenly for a reason that is quantifiable wrong, is hella suspicious and scummy.

So question for everyone, why do you think Whydon tried to lie about Biggie's vote and move the lynch to him?
Erm, I don't know why you're making this seem like I'm trying to rally votes up against Biggie. All I did was vote for them. If anything you use voting in this game to see people's responses and gain information from them. I said how I felt about Biggie, so now hopefully Biggie will reply and then we can work from there.

Also, what is there to "lie" about Biggie's vote? Maybe I worded my statement poorly but I'm not trying to twist Biggie's words against them. I just commented how I interpreted their vote. I think you're trying to make this seem like I'm twisting Biggie's words and then rallying up a bandwagon against this, which is not my intention at all and I'm curious as to why you think I'm trying to do that.

Maybe saying "they're reason was literally "they're suspicious"" was a bit of an exaggeration and I agree with that. But it still felt like an attempt to push for a Hitmonleet lynch.

We cant say he was lying, per se. Its just that Why became suspicious imo because of him supposedly trying to protect Leet. But what he said could also be true, that Leet might not be scum and is Cop-guessed asf. Ofc, none of these are confirmed until one of them flip. Those are my two cents here..

Agreed that whydon's post felt off however I think that if it comes down to hitmonleet / whydon / biggie for the lynch today we'd prob get more insight with an Hitmonleet one since if he's scum it'd point towards his rescuers and whydon voters, while if we lynch Whydon his flip doesn't highlight much as far as I can see. It is entirely possible that Whydon slipped but I'm not quite sold on lynching him yet. Vote Hitmonleet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)