MLB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
At least Neftali Feliz whooped ass
Feliz throws the ball ridiculously fast, but needs to throw in some more curveballs or changeups, he gave up a two run homer to give the A's the win because imo he was too predictable. Having said that, you can't expect a second gamer to be perfect (despite the lack of variety there was, his fast balls are still very good and he pitched pretty solidly overall) and there were many other factors resulting in a third straight loss (really fucking annoying, the Angels an the Red Sox keep losing and we can't even beat the fucking A's). Padilla was rather bleh this match, Omar Vizquel is a shitty replacement for Ian Kinsler (need him back!), Andrus made a few uncharacteristic errors and Hamiltilon is still slumping, despite looking better today then he has for awhile. Not to mention superb work in the outfield by the A's making our once potent offense look pretty ordinary (barring Murphy, he got two homers and was pretty close to a third :D). Still, it's our defense that needs another legit pitcher (a starter, as our bullpen isn't too bad), as we gave up 4 home run to the worst HR hitting team in the competition lol.

The Mets are soon gonna start playing with there "AAA" team, injurys are an everyday thing for them now in days. Niese is gonna be done, Sheffield is an injury pron,Reyes can't even run the bases well rehabbing , Beltran another injury pron, and Delgado isn't gonna be ready by this month.Wright is doing everything he can to push that team atleast 3rd place in the NL West.

His power numbers have dropped,comparing them to his last 2 seasons, is wow. Is sad to see the Mets like this such a young humble team. But next year is always a new year. you never know.

Jason Giambi

Jason Giambi was released from Oakland for his incredibly low batting average and slugging percentage(.364 slugging) it is possible that after the steroid crap that he had to face that his career is over? It seems highly possible

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hamilton smashes a 3 run home and then Hammer gets a solo homer in consecutive AB's.

Rangers 4, Angels 0 - Botom of the first and I'm loving every minute of it :)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thank you thank you thank you Theo for FINALLY releasing John Smoltz (well designating him for assignment but we all know what's happening next). Let this be a warning to the Phillies: it's fine to take a slight risk on an aging veteran, but don't throw them back into a situation that matters. 2-5 with a gargantuan ERA, what was he thinking!

Jason Giambi's free? The Jays should try and get him, hopefully he'll hit .220 for us. Maybe he might even get an RBI! The rest of our team would finally understand what it's like to score runs.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Haha did anyone see Shane Victorino get thrown out of the game while he was in center field? I've never seen anything like it and I must say it was hilarious.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Brewers finally get rid of Bill hall and send jj hardy to the minors! Words can't describe how happy i am.

The Mets are soon gonna start playing with there "AAA" team, injurys are an everyday thing for them now in days. Niese is gonna be done, Sheffield is an injury pron,Reyes can't even run the bases well rehabbing , Beltran another injury pron, and Delgado isn't gonna be ready by this month.Wright is doing everything he can to push that team atleast 3rd place in the NL West.

His power numbers have dropped,comparing them to his last 2 seasons, is wow. Is sad to see the Mets like this such a young humble team. But next year is always a new year. you never know.
Fire the whole Met's regime. By that, I mostly mean Minaya. He's made so many bad moves in the past (Re-signing Castillo, missing out on Lowe and Orlando Hudson, re-signing Oliver Perez). Get rid of all the dead weight and pretty much build back up from the core. We aren't going anywhere unless things change.

Stallion

Tree Young
Rangers 4 Red Sox 2 at tHe top of the 9th, but then fucking Francisco gave up like 7 hits and 6 runs IN ONE INNING what a useless fuck!!!

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, Jays waive Rios to the white sox? Any thoughts?

Oh and Cards are pulling away from the Cubs. It's definitely gonna be the Cardinals who take the division.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rios is an overpayed player that the Blue Jays are thrilled to be rid of since it seems they want to enter into rebuilding mode. White Sox, however, are notorious for taking risks like this and want to see if Rios can turn it around with a new team. Risky, but that's how Kenny Williams rolls.

Victorino's catch when the Cub fan threw the beer on him was one of the best plays of the year so far. I still can't believe that that happened, I never would have imagined anything so dispicable in my life.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Rangers 4 Red Sox 2 at tHe top of the 9th, but then fucking Francisco gave up like 7 hits and 6 runs IN ONE INNING what a useless fuck!!!
I will say it now: If the Sox make the playoffs, it will be because Victor Martinez carries the team.

The Sox may very well not make the playoffs and honestly I don't think they will. At 7.5 GB from the Yankees, their only hope lies in the wild card race, with the Rangers right on their heels and Tampa Bay not far behind.

Lol anyone see the red sux get owned yesterday? It'll happen again today and tomorrow so you didnt really miss much
EDIT: of course i get payback now that sux are up 12-1

tennisace

Lol anyone see the red sux get owned yesterday? It'll happen again today and tomorrow so you didnt really miss much
EDIT: of course i get payback now that sux are up 12-1
Revenge is a dish best served cold... and the sox have outscored the yankees 25-21 in the series already. Your 20 runs meant nothing.

Stallion

Tree Young
Hang on there are Yankees fans here??....eww!!!

Tbh I'm cheering on the Yankees in these series' with Boston and Tampa Bay though, the more they lose the better chance the Rangers have of making the playoffs :).

Of course it'd help if we won games when our competition (Red Sox, Rays, Angels) lose, but we haven't really capitalized on them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)