Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, but 8 points! from LeBrat!

Ps: J.J. Barea came through <3

Pss: darkie you gotta update your banner.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LEBRON OUTPLAYED BY DESHAWN STEVENSON LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

DESHAWN WAS RIGHT LEBRON IS OVERRATED

anyway, yes the heat played terrible in the 4th again, but if the mavs role players hit shots that, uh, NBA players are normally able to make, then it's a blowout. also dirk played terrible for 3 1/2 quarters and the mavs still won.

dude can you put that in hide tag

lebron's so ugly that pic could've been used in the recent disturbing shit thread

fuk lbj

Dirk played about as well as he could all game, I think. The shots were not falling, and a lot came close...I would say both the flu + great Heat defense affected that of course, but a couple more could have gone in too. When he realized the shots were going to keep missing, he put all his energy into rebounding and managed to rip down 11 in the time that the rest of the Mavericks not named Chandler probably managed to rip down all of like 5, so I would not say Dirk only played well for "1/2 a quarter". He shot well start of the game and end of the game anyway so more like 1 quarter. To put that in perspective, Jason Terry managed zero rebounds in 35 minutes in a game that every Heat player got at least 2.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We've been over this.

I'll admit though that they would have won more comfortable.
People are overhyping the Heat defense - they've been great, and they've kept Mavs shooters uncomfortable, but the Mavs have at least above-average 3 point shooters and they're bricking them even when they're wide open.

While some of that is fluctuation, at some point you have to accept that the Heat pulled the Mavericks into a defensive slugfest. The Mavericks this playoffs to me seemed to try to cater to every team's playstyle and beat it, and in this series they are having the worst luck with it, actually shooting significantly worse than the Heat (42.9% versus 41.3% AND 5 less attempts per game). The Mavericks have to settle the fuck down and start making things like assists again if they want to win this title, the Heat have definitely affected them too much when the Heat have averaged 1.2 more assists per game without a real point guard.

but the Mavs have at least above-average 3 point shooters and they're bricking them even when they're wide open.
Last night, I'll give you that (especially in the fourth quarter).

But as far as four games goes.. the law of average has to succumb to the style of play sometime.. I'd hate for people to look back at this series and say "Well, JJ Barea and Cardinal missed those two open jumpshots". It's not like the Heat don't miss open shots themselves.

You also have to consider a few factors other than being wide-open. Was it a good pass? Was it near the end of the shot clock? Has the person had many shots to establish any shooting rhythm anyway?

It's truly a make or miss league, but let's face it: The Heat are regularly getting dunks and layups and some Mavs apologists are hoping for 28 feet shots to fall... you know where I'm going with this yet?

Someone perform the heimlich, I think LeBron is choking!

Haha but in all seriousness I wonder how Scottie Pippen feels about saying that LeBron is as good as Jordan now.

Maybe because Bosh is not as talented as Lebron, and Lebron taking less shots than Bosh every game has to SOMEHOW be on Lebron's head more than Bosh's....maybe Bosh is being a shot hog, but how is Lebron letting it happen?

I've heard fatigue being tossed around (I mentioned that before the series even started).

Edit: Also, possession wise.. Wade has really been dominating the ball.

http://www.bballbreakdown.com/nba-finals-game-4-dirk-nowitzki-makes-lebron-james-look-sick/

Question: Why aren't more people talking about Bosh's failures than LeBron's?
Its simple... Its Lebron, thats why he has been catching all this criticism. If the Heat lose Lebron's legacy is going to take a serious hit... He has been logging a ton of minutes these entire playoffs, but thats still no excuse for completely taking plays off on offense like he has been.

Also did anyone catch sportscenter today when they discussed Lebron staying up til 3 reading articles people wrote about his game 4 performance? I dont know if it was just me but if you really wanted to be doing something why not go and watch game film instead of reading the critics to make it seem like they are fueling you?

Marion talks Lebron into falling over all by himself, a foul is called, then a technical foul is called. The NBA really at minimum does need to fix shit like this being reviewable.

Heat have +4 made free throws, +2 assists, +11 rebounds, and are losing by 5...I had been saying coming into this series that the Mavericks run seriously just "felt like destiny", and as bad of a reason as that is to explain a championship run...does this game make any sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)