Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

It is kind of hard to classify bandwagoning...I think if you act like it means something "personal" to you that they won, or maybe that you were "some part of it", that you are clearly frontrunning. Obviously varying degrees of arrogance make it more cut and dried. Ironically the reason most people would not frontrun for the Heat was Lebron and Bosh frontrunning and Lebron's arrogance... Casual fandom is fine, especially now in a modern era where it is more about players anyway, but I think any serious rooting you have to be decided on coming into the postseason.

As a Magic Fan, I really, really, don't want Dwight to leave, but I realize he probably will. I just want him to go to Chicago really bad because I fucking love D Rose and them two together is basically a championship team right there. I hope he doesn't go to LA, because I hate the Lakers so so much.

I can't see Dwight coming to Chicago (something about the weather and staying in the East), but as a Bulls fan, I'd loooove for Dwight to come over.

I'm basically repeating what the media said, but say the Lakers trade for Howard...There's really no way they can get him without giving up Odom. I don't wanna see that happen, I love Odom too much.

Why doesn't Dallas try to get Dwight Howard or Chris Paul? Can you guys imagine Dirk Nowitzki and a Chris Paul duo? And then have to worry about Jason Terry off the bench?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...is-paul-or-deron-williams-to-dallas-mavericks

As for the heat, they are the favorites to come back and win the Eastern Conference, but this loss was a major psychological blow, I don't know if they'll be able to bounce back, the Chicago Bulls might also be in the mix for Dwight Howard, not to mention that the Knicks can just as easily get Chris Paul, so many factors to take into account in the Eastern Conference.
Dallas won't get Chris Paul, I don't think he would particularly want to come to Dallas over somewhere like New York. HOWEVER, Deron Williams is someone who definitely would sign with Dallas if the opportunity presented itself. He was born and raised in DFW and would be a good partner for Dirk and would be a great fit.

also he was chilling in the Mavs locker room wearing a texas rangers cap after game 4 :pimp:

I was just viewing team salary caps and if paul and howard go to free agency the clipper would have the cap space to sign both. Imagine a team of Paul/Gordan/Griffin/Howard.

I was just viewing team salary caps and if paul and howard go to free agency the clipper would have the cap space to sign both. Imagine a team of Paul/Gordan/Griffin/Howard.
Right...except these are the clippers we're talking about...that would be sick if they actually maneuvered into that somehow; at the least they need to start assembling a playoff-capable team now with Griffin, otherwise he's just as liable to jump ship in a few years.

Right...except these are the clippers we're talking about...that would be sick if they actually maneuvered into that somehow; at the least they need to start assembling a playoff-capable team now with Griffin, otherwise he's just as liable to jump ship in a few years.
If Kaman and Gordon had been healthy last year they would have been a borderline playoff team. As it is, they will have a decent shot at the playoffs next year without making any moves. Replace Kaman with Dwight and, welp.

If Kaman and Gordon had been healthy last year they would have been a borderline playoff team. As it is, they will have a decent shot at the playoffs next year without making any moves. Replace Kaman with Dwight and, welp.
Chris Kaman for Andre Iguodala! The Clippers get an athletic wing who can play lockdown defense and the 76ers get a big body for that thin frontline.

Even without any moves this offseason, the Clippers could be a playoff team. The key, I think, to the Clippers success is if they have a better offense next season.

Honestly, Lakers fans shouldn't have much to look forward to unless they manage to defy the odds and bring in Howard. If they don't, they seem to be a team on the decline. Don't get me wrong though, they will still be a top team in the West. But getting to the Finals any time soon with their current team and their financial situation seems highly unlikely.

Almost draft time! Cavs are expected to take Valanciunas with their fourth overall pick, which is a bit of a surprise to me. Despite a weak draft, tonight's picks and trades should be interesting.

top 10 draft predictions:

1: kyrie
2: kanter
3: williams
4: jonas
5: knight
6: jan
7: kemba
8: kawhi
9: thompson
10:jimmer

i know kanter at 2 is a controversial choice, but KHANNNNNNN. he probably won't choose bpa at 2 given the logjam of forwards/tweener forwards on the tea already. im really unsure where bismack fits in all this--could go as high as fifth to the raps, but if they take knight over bismack, then i see him dropping out of the top 10.

edit: shit, well now i predict kanter going 3rrd haha

edit 2: woah thompson really did kill it at workouts haha... raps please please please pick jonas!

Predicted both picks from my Celtics. Glad to have the two Purdue teammates, hopefully they gel with the team.

The end of the draft was unpredictable. A lot of draft-and-stash guys... Maduabum, Ngombo and Majok instead of players like Lighty and Hansbrough?

The Knicks better pray Shumpert works out.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
I cant wait to see these players play next year.... so many "what ifs" for a lot of them.

Im looking forward to Bismack Boyombo, The Jimmer, and Marshon Brooks the most

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)