Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

Yeah. The Mavs wanted it more and they just plain had more experience. The Heat could've easily been up 3-1, but the Mavs played better down the stretch.

I'll look forward to seeing the Thunder vs Heat finals in future years!

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Such a perfect picture to fit a the king with no crown, and for Dirk who actually deserved it. Experience and talent is better then a team who can run fast and jump high, the veterans won for a reason so, congrats to the Mavericks for an amazing series and for some of the future 'Hall-Of-Famers. Ridirkulous

ridirkulous

edit: damn this dirk pic gives me goosebumps. btw ytp that's some old shit. it works best as a lebron joke though

*joins in the Heat bashing*

So I asked the Miami Heat for a dollar. They gave me 75 cents and said "Sorry we don't have a 4th quarter" ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*joins in the Heat bashing*

So I asked the Miami Heat for a dollar. They gave me 75 cents and said "Sorry we don't have a 4th quarter" ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ahhhhhhhhhhhh.. haha nice.

also, any key players on the Mavericks that DIDN'T get a ring with this win? Butler?

The only way "wanting it" can really affect your game is something like a willingness to take big hits or push into people more...Heat guys like Haslem and Miller obviously doggedly wanted it. I think people are taking the way the teams operated period (Mavericks as brutally efficient, Heat winning with athleticism more) and trying to say that because the latter failed, the Mavericks must have "wanted it more". Just like in every series, the Mavericks played to their opponent's pace and then ultimately by hanging around enough wore that opponent's strategy out.

DeShawn was just straight up nasty. Sure he's streaky.. but he's colddddddddddd.

I really wish I could have seen what Butler could of done in this series. Maybe next year.

Who knew Damien Woody was so clever?

It was great to see LeBron humbled on his home court, in front of the only people who like him. I'm curious to see if the residents of Dallas or Cleveland are happier about LeBron losing.

Nowitzki and Kidd would have been Hall of Famers even if they lost, but it's great to see the veterans get their first championship--especially since this was Kidd's third attempt.

I do expect the Heat to win at least one championship in the future, but I'm glad this was the Mavs' year.

just like super bowl XLII, this series will be remembered for the Heat losing rather than the Mavs winning

I was just as happy the Pats lost then too

Congrats Mavs, even though you guys knocked off my Lakers I'm really happy that they won it this year - what started as bitter disappointment turned into a real admiration for their never say die attitude and Dirk's all round godliness. On that topic, the last two seasons (including this one) has had the finals MVP have a terrible shooting performance in a clinching game. It doesn't really mean anything but I thought it was funny nonetheless!
^ Exactly what I wanted to say too.

just like super bowl XLII, this series will be remembered for the Heat losing rather than the Mavs winning

I was just as happy the Pats lost then too
Agree'd.

Some credit needs to be given to Rick Carlisle. He completely outcoached Spoelstra.
Starting Barea, not playing Peja, playing Cardinal, and the timely zones all were big factors in this series. Spoelstra simply didn't make the necessary adjustments to win. Bibby started the first five games of the series, what was Spoelstra thinking?

YTPHeat: So masterful at bandwagoning he's changing alliances even after the series is done!
Like I say on IRC... as a Hawks fan (really I am. you can check past threads if you think I'm bullshitting) I don't have much to cheer for. I gotta be happy sometimes :(

Besides man. Did you see how many people jumped on the Mavs bandwagon when the series started? ALL the Lakers fans. heh.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Like I say on IRC... as a Hawks fan (really I am. you can check past threads if you think I'm bullshitting) I don't have much to cheer for. I gotta be happy sometimes :(

Besides man. Did you see how many people jumped on the Mavs bandwagon when the series started? ALL the Lakers fans. heh.
Haha and I was one of them. But let's be honest I was always going to cheer for whoever came out of the West if it wasn't the Lakers lol. And I know you're a Hawks fan (poor you :( ), was just making a joke about your Heat jokes after being on their bandwagon for a few rounds :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)