Tournament The Neverused Premier League IV - Preseason Discussion / Trash Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn already got the smack talk goin w/ the funny pics and the dank maymays. lemme just drop some knowledge on what people are prolly thinking of each other atm.

maybe if deej had spent a little less time trying to be top up-bidder and more time reading the rules of the tournament, he'd know that you need more slots than just oras to compete. im sorry dude but your team looks like you went to the NU room and just handed out NUPL signup forms plus or minus a few shitty upbids that you got stuck w/ once people realized your terrible plan. tho looking back, i guess that's what I should have expected coming from the guy who's "in it for the memers" and has used words like "klangklug" and "kibblekorn" when writing a serious (can i even call them serious) post.

if kiyo could hop off the XY circlejerk for a sec he might be able to see that half of his roster hasn't been in an actual tournament in the past year (if ever). although tbf i think he did well w/ what he had after he decided to lose his mind and spend mcmeghan money on a player who can best be described as an inferior casedvictory. have fun w/ the calls tho, i'm sure that it'll soften the blow of having to lose 5 weeks in a row

i'll be honest, i really like rozes' team, they're all REALLY nice guys (barring sg, he's a total shit sack) and they're all the kinda guys i'd wanna be friends with. Although if the team's anything like its manager (and i see the resemblances), it's probably a really nice group of guys that are overrated as all hell who'll probably end up lucking week after week and falling back on some lame ass excuse as to why they actually should have won in the first place. nice logo tho!

i swear if i saw the musharna's roster w/o going through the auction, i woulda thought they went w/ the timeless "dartboard" method of picking. legit tho that roster just looks like you put your bids in a random number generator and it churned out the 2016 Musharnas. although im glad that you kept the jarii / shaneghoul dynamic duo together, im pretty sure it worked out splendidly last time.

although if you want a man w/ a draft plan, look no further than fuga w/ the jynxes. this man's ideal draft plan was to get all of his friends and then rely on someone who had all of 1 win last spl when not using monotype, to build them all squads and by god did he stick to it. Im glad that he figured the whole draft thing out tho after not knowing how many ORAS slots there were a couple days before the auction. well, actually if you look at it, it doesn't look like deej knew how many ORAS slots there were in the tournament either, so we might need to make that a little clearer next year.

-shade thrown

Last edited:
damn already got the smack talk goin w/ the funny pics and the dank maymays. lemme just drop some knowledge on what people are prolly thinking of each other atm.

maybe if deej had spent a little less time trying to be top up-bidder and more time reading the rules of the tournament, he'd know that you need more slots than just oras to compete. im sorry dude but your team looks like you went to the NU room and just handed out NUPL signup forms plus or minus a few shitty upbids that you got stuck w/ once people realized your terrible plan. tho looking back, i guess that's what I should have expected coming from the guy who's "in it for the memers" and has used words like "klangklug" and "kibblekorn" when writing a serious (can i even call them serious) post.

if kiyo could hop off the XY circlejerk for a sec he might be able to see that half of his roster hasn't been in an actual tournament in the past year (if ever). although tbf i think he did well w/ what he had after he decided to lose his mind and spend mcmeghan money on a player who can best be described as an inferior casedvictory. have fun w/ the calls tho, i'm sure that it'll soften the blow of having to lose 5 weeks in a row

i'll be honest, i really like rozes' team, they're all REALLY nice guys (barring sg, he's a total shit sack) and they're all the kinda guys i'd wanna be friends with. Although if the team's anything like its manager (and i see the resemblances), it's probably a really nice group of guys that are overrated as all hell who'll probably end up lucking week after week and falling back on some lame ass excuse as to why they actually should have won in the first place. nice logo tho!

i swear if i saw the musharna's roster w/o going through the auction, i woulda thought they went w/ the timeless "dartboard" method of picking. legit tho that roster just looks like you put your bids in a random number generator and it churned out the 2016 Musharnas. although im glad that you kept the jarii / shaneghoul dynamic duo together, im pretty sure it worked out splendidly last time.

although if you want a man w/ a draft plan, look no further than fuga w/ the jynxes. this man's ideal draft plan was to get all of his friends and then rely on someone who had all of 1 win last spl when not using monotype, to build them all squads and by god did he stick to it. Im glad that he figured the whole draft thing out tho after not knowing how many ORAS slots there were a couple days before the auction. well, actually if you look at it, it doesn't look like deej knew how many ORAS slots there were in the tournament either, so we might need to make that a little clearer next year.

-shade thrown
your draft went remarkably smoothly, didn't it Can?

oh wait...

your draft went remarkably smoothly, didn't it Can?

oh wait...
just b/c i had credits left doesn't mean my draft was ass. i at least have a solid starter in every tier in this tournament

i actually feel kinda bad for your team, since they probably HAVE to start you in bw2, and its not even like you have an army of ghosters like you did last year to talk you through how to use sub toxic charizard.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
being described as an inferior casedvictory after snacking his ass 2-0 in both of our bo3s last year shows the utter stupidity of this canadian fella, i reckon he's in for one hella beating by the krusty krab krew this season. let's fuckin go team, minus tennis.

I would just like to address this point from the auction:

<TheGoomy> I like buying players that don't build too (re, myself)

I build the vast majority of my own teams (in many tiers) and have built several ADV NU teams prior to NUPL in order to be adequately prepared for the tournament (knowing scouting would be incredibly difficult because it is not an active metagame). I've not spoken with TheGoomy ever I believe, so I am unsure where such a conception comes from, however I look forward to debuting some top tier Generation Three Never Used Squads to impress with hopefully

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so this is where a scrub team is formed and I go 6-0 in DPP NU, right? I only went 8-2 (including wins against innovamania, Oglemi, Honko, etc) across NUPL and PUPL and made the semis of the only recent DPP NU single elim tour. Worth substantially more than even just 3k but apparently y'all dumb as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)