Type: Null, Silvally Discussion

Finally, on the defensive. I think this is the area where Silvally will probably be the least impressive, but there is potential. This again revolves around Parting Shot and U-turn. Those moves alongside T-Wave, Roar and Toxic are the extent of Silvally's defensive potential. If Silvally can check enough threats and not be outclassed by other Pokemon of the same type, sets like the one below should be solid. Otherwise, defensive Silvally won't be relevant.

Silvally @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn / Parting Shot
- Toxic / U-turn
I don't really understand the point of this set. If Silvally had self sustain or could run leftovers here sure. but really I think it just makes more sense to go:

Silvally @ (Filler)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly
~ TWave
~ Multi-Attack
~ Parting Shot
~ (Elemental Fang or Utility like weather setting)

canno

formerly The Reptile
Silvally is kind of a weird one. I do think that it will eventually find its place in the OU meta - 95/95/95 bulk is decent enough and, if it works like Arceus, it has an element of surprise. Shame about its movepool as a whole, but especially on the physical side. SD Silvally-Fairy might of actually been decent if it got Earthquake. Still, I'll probably try something like the following, even thought it probably won't be that great overall:

Silvally @ Fairy Memory
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Crunch / Fire Fang / Ice Beam / Parting Shot
- Crunch / Fire Fang / Ice Beam / Parting Shot

Yeah, its coverage is a bit on the weak side, but its not that bad. Crunch actually has pretty decent neutral coverage, although it still doesn't hit all that hard due to having base 95 Attack without a boosting item. Fire Fang hits things like Scizor and gets boosted by Swords Dance, while Ice Beam is for both Lando-T and Tangrowth - Ice Fang does the same as Ice Beam does against Lando-T at +1, while Ice Beam still out damages +2 Ice Fang if its not AV and doesn't trigger Rocky Helm. Parting Shot can be used over coverage for momentum, which might actually be better than coverage honestly. I think Fairy is probably going to be the type that stands out for SD sets overall, as I think the other ones are either not good enough or outclassed.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Silvally @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Crunch
- Explosion

Might be a funny wallbreaker. Silvally should be able to find a chance to setup using its decent defenses and then just go to town with STAB Double-Edge. If you run into a Skarmory, you can do this:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Silvally Explosion vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 317-374 (94.9 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Silvally Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 242-285 (72.4 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sure, Silvally may not get a lot of the cool toys Arceus gets, but Arceus can't go boom. ;)

In all seriousness I think Silvally has potential, even if it wishes it had a couple more moves like Earthquake. Access to Parting Shot is pretty awesome - combine that with TWave, good bulk, and the ability to be any type, and Silvally looks like it has the makings of a decent bulky pivot. Could even pull off a decent Swords Dance set with a Type-Memory that doesn't see much physical representation such as Ghost or Fairy. Ghost in particular sounds nice since Brick Break is the only coverage it really needs - leaving the last slot open for U-turn or Parting Shot. Might fit in well on VoltTurn teams.

e: Well it doesn't get Brick Break lol, guess you could use Iron Head instead.

Last edited:

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Silvally Explosion vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 317-374 (94.9 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Silvally Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 242-285 (72.4 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
No goddamn way. Just realized Silvally's the second Normal-type to get STAB explosion outside of Lickilicky, so you just may have posted a pretty legit set (despite it being kind of a joke). Too bad it's average against common fast offense builds and doesn't have much to cover against TTar and other Steels/Rocks. I's guaranteed to take out at least one non-ghost before or after an SD though so that's something.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No goddamn way. Just realized Silvally's the second Normal-type to get STAB explosion outside of Lickilicky, so you just may have posted a pretty legit set (despite it being kind of a joke). Too bad it's average against common fast offense builds and doesn't have much to cover against TTar and other Steels/Rocks. I's guaranteed to take out at least one non-ghost before or after an SD though so that's something.
You could probably get away with running Iron Head instead of Crunch as a compromise option to hit Tyranitar/Diancie and somewhat cover ghosts. +2 Iron Head also does 41-48 to Mega Sableye so you can potentially beat it if you get a flinch. Explosion's gonna be the way to handle Steels though lol. You can opt for Fire Fang or Flame Charge instead but Explosion is way more fun.

Keen to try @ Ghost
- Signature
- BB
- Flame Charge
- SD

Perfect coverage and some speed up against (the lot of) fire weaknesses.

really feeling like sylvally deserved those 30 points shy from 600BST. Couldve just gone to its speed seeing as how its a "fast"pokemon" now without its helmet. For a pokemon meant to contend with Arceus its pretty lackluster. an edge on speed would have been nice. then again there are other problems with it like movepool.
anyways

Sylvally Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Multi-Attack
-U-turn
-air slash/aerial ace
-protect/idk

you should switch in on bugs, normal, fighting, poison. consider their coverage just in case. use air slash to get those bugs and fighting types that stay in. or u-turn on the expected switch to a dark type. Ghost is only weak to itself and dark. it would be foolish of them to switch in to a ghost as a counter. so dark is the obvious switch to expect. you get a big hit off and get to switch out. currently no ghost type can use u-turn so here ya go. i put protect just to scout. i suppose parting shot is pretty good too.

hmm based off arceus seems like enough reasoning to at least have at least one stat in a similar arena as arceus. like lets say, SPEED. but whatever i didnt make the game. but good to know about how it shares the same BST as the beasts.

ive kept away from the plot. but the may-not-be-an-ultra beast edge lord Necrozma sits at 600BST x) interesting

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Tbh I don't know what to expect for it's usage. Stat Spread make it seems like if Null with Eviolite will be more usefull, but the learnset that Silvally has over Null is crucial. I can see null with SD/Return/Rock Slide/U-Turn but Silvally has way more options.
Perhaps they'll be the same tier like Pory2 and PoryZ.

Silvally, aka Poor Man's Arceus. It seems like a decent tank in the lower tiers, looking at its defensive capabilities; they're on par with Porygon2.

Also, Silvally's cry vaguely sounds like Skarmory, judging by what I have heard in the trailers.

You could probably get away with running Iron Head instead of Crunch as a compromise option to hit Tyranitar/Diancie and somewhat cover ghosts. +2 Iron Head also does 41-48 to Mega Sableye so you can potentially beat it if you get a flinch. Explosion's gonna be the way to handle Steels though lol. You can opt for Fire Fang or Flame Charge instead but Explosion is way more fun.
I might consider its Z move actually. It lets you do a slightly weaker explosion without dying. But after swords dance it's still horrifying.

I meant to ask "Why is this one in Undiscovered Egg group while the Porygon line isn't?"
It's probably in the Undiscovered egg group, because, well, it was made to be a biological weapon and not able to reproduce. Porygon is probably able to reproduce because I have no idea, they probably didn't think of putting non-legendaries in the Undiscovered egg group for reasons other than consistency (which is likely what happened in the instance of Nidorina/Nidoqueen) until this generation.

What I just want to know is how and when you'll get Type: Null
Is it postgame only? It's obviously an in-game event, but...
I'd like to use it.

Silvally is gonna be weird competitively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)