WCop General Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
take all the time you want, but pls make it a good experience, and the fact that you don't know many smogonites is actually helpful, since you can't be biased and your decisions will be based on the tryouts or w/e other logical approach you use for selection. And pls talk to blarajan whether he wants to be a captain or not. A captain who doesn't want to be one is bad for a team
He initially doesn't want to be captain. Because I stepped up as captain because M Dragon has offered me a Captain spot while I'm on Pokemon Online, I have to talk to someone reputable for this cause. Eventually, I talked to blarajan and he told me that he's going to lead the team for the sake of legitimacy.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
jesus christ fuckin stop dude

world cup its all about your name. sure you can be a new player and get into it by impressing but chances are you wont, and teams have been making their rosters since a month ago so of course theres reserved spots already

dont like it? go make a fckin name for yourself and stop crying in this thread. actions speak louder than words. 3-0 in tryouts means nothing

PJSalt

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender

Theyre not taking opportunities from newer players because they have a name. correlation =/= causation (omaga i sounded so badass using that wtfff). Theyre taking opportunities from newer players because they are better than newer players, and they have a name because of that.

What Rey said, though maybe it takes away from the excitement, tour veterans are always gonna have reserved spots on teams because they don't need to prove anything and are generally reliable.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
i agree that veterans deserve some reservation, but in the"Options List". what i meant was that a veteran should not automatically get a spot just 'cos he/she's a veteran or you know them to be reliable. every veteran was a newcomer once, and they would've stayed that way if everybody had stuck to the veterans and not given a chance to the newcomers.
newcomers should prove that they are good by doing well in other official tours or non official tours like Smogon Tours/ Smogon Grand Slam/ Smogon Tournament and many others, tournaments that are important but dont request to be known or get picked to play in them.
imo

Reactions: pj
Holy christ you are retarded

What on earth is shitty about giving spots to proven players who have made a name for themselves?? Sure a good tryout performance never killed anyone but fuck me if I'm gonna shove, say, 6A9 Ace Matador out of an ADV spot just because a random with a name like Lavos Spawn showed up fresh off the ladder and MagTrio'd him a few times.

Man I just can't get over how you said a big tournament having big names was a bad thing. Like, would you not want Michael Jordan on your basketball team? Would you not want Maradona on your soccer/football team? Would you not want Eminem on your rap posse?

If your friend who went 3-0 in tryouts is good enough to make the team then he'll fucking make the team (unless he's a team cancer like that guy who forfeited 2 turns into his UPL game because he got 6-0ed by Mewtwo), why would they not take him if he's really that good? Winning a few battles does not entitle you to jack shit even if it is against good players. This type of thinking is as bad as those idiots who manage a win or two against guys who have accomplished way more than they have and suddenly act like they're better.

okay are you really going there? i was saying things like "i'm sorry" and "i don't really want to manage" and "thank you for trying out" because i was being nice. but if you're going to post like this let me tell you what i actually think. you are a terrible fucking player and i don't want you involved with the team. your other anonymous mother fucker was annoying as shit and i don't want him on the team. i picked up managing, and now i want to win, not appeal to your bullshit entitlements. you are not on the team. he is not on the team. get better, fix your attitude, don't fucking pull any of this shit and maybe, when i retire and no one remembers what a fuck off you are, you'll be considered.

holy shit

ps: clarion is my adorable cocaptain and is great, but he's not actually playing. your friend tried out against him. THEN PROCEEDED TO PM ME REPEATEDLY ABOUT WHAT POSITION HE WAS

Last edited:
I too contacted blarajan for tryouts and he said that slots are already full. And i think it was reasonable as i know that the veterans are better than me. But, i am still supporting Asia. Bring the trophy back to the ORIGINAL CHAMPIONS.

are you telling that a few (3) tryouts say more about a players consistence than playing/winning plenty of tournaments for months/years like the most veterans? every player has almost a whole year to prove himself before wcop starts, pretty good way to show if you're consistent enough or not

lol

Last edited:

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
IF USER Marth DECIDES TO PLAY FOR ANYONE BUT UK I WILL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED IN HIM AND WILL BE FORCED TO KICK HIM FROM BSL AND PROCEED TO CASTRATE ANYONES RELATIVES IF THEY CONVINCE HIM TO PLAY FOR ANYONE ELSE.

thx

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Being a veteran doesn't mean you are good.

For example look at me: I am definitly a veteran, but I am also total shit

And by the way@whoever brought the maradona example. No one would want to have 2014 Maradona in his football squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)