CAP 11 CAP 11 - Dex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my idea:

Voodoom, the Strife Pokemon

"This Pokemon has been seen 'Stalking' people at night, giving it a bad reputation. However, it is just lonely and is just looking for a friend."

"For reasons nobody can explain, TOGEKISS seem to take a liking to it. This is odd, due to the fact that VOODOOM behave just in the way that TOGEKISS try to avoid."

"Though rarely seen in the wild, they are occasionally seen in groups of around 30. Some people claim that they follow a strange force that's invisible to the human eye. However, these people all have ended up in an insane assylum..."

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voodoom, the New Potential Pokemon (The idea is that Voodoll would be the Impotent - or Powerless - Pokemon.)

Earlier in life it was just a helpless doll forgotten outside, unable to resist abuse from weather and wild Pokemon. Currently, it seeks revenge on all who trampled on it with his shocking new power.

I enjoyed fitting words related to electricity into this dex entry: potential, resist, current, shocking, power.

I guess this will be my Final Submission already because I can't see myself changing the theme of this.

"VOODOOM is a VOODOLL who was stabbed through the heart, killing it. It was then reanimated with a strike of lightning. It now wanders the earth seeking vengeance on those who hurt it in its past life."
I like this one a lot, but I think killing the VOODOLL is a bit harsh for a kids game. Maybe you could just have it be stabbed without dying. Even better - it's owner throws it away during a thunderstorm, and it gets electrocuted and evolves. Now it wanders the land, angry at how it was abandoned and looking for vengeance. I don't mean to change your idea too much, but I just don't want to see VOODOLL get fatally stabbed...he's too cute!

Final Submission

Voodoom, The Revenge Pokemon

"The large needle in it's chest can be used as a wand or a sword. It can also use this needle to attract lightning bolts coming from the sky or other POKEMON to increase it's own power."

Also extra bit for Voodoll:

Voodoll, The Endurance Pokemon.

"As pins are stuck into it the anger inside it grows. During a thunderstorm it will go into the center of the storm and wait until it is struck by a lightning bolt. It will then evolve into VOODOOM"

Final Submission

Final Submission

Personally, I like the entries that involve Togekiss/Togepi.

Voodoom, the Doll Pokemon.

Wild VOODOOM often roam with packs of TOGEKISS. Ironically, though TOGEKISS stray away from strife, they try to bring joy to the VOODOOM.

Voodoll, the Doll Pokemon.

They frolic with TOGEPI, a signal of a partnership to be.

I really do want advice. Do I have to use one of the shortened versions or is my original dex entry short enough?
VOODOOM - the Pin Brawl pokemon

"Only by giving up its own heart can a VOODOLL become the remorseless killing machine known as VOODOOM. This sacrifice is also its weakness, however, since, without a heart, it must charge its chest-needle with electricity every week to remain animated."

ALTERNATIVE IF THE ABOVE IS TOO LONG:

"Only by giving up its own heart can a VOODOLL become the remorseless killing machine known as VOODOOM. However, with no heart, it must charge its chest-needle with electricity weekly to remain animated."

EVEN SHORTER

"By giving up its own heart a VOODOLL becomes the remorseless killing machine known as VOODOOM. Without a heart it must charge its chest-needle with electricity weekly to remain animated."

Final Submission
VOODOOM, the Misery Pokemon

"In its misery, VOODOLL stabbed its heart with a pin. Though seemingly melancholic, VOODOOM has a symbiotic relationship with TOGEKISS."

Keep in mind, not all of people's perceptions of Pokemon are true, i.e. Absol as the Disaster Pokemon.

"Though rarely seen in the wild, they are occasionally seen in groups of around 30. Some people claim that they follow a strange force that's invisible to the human eye. However, these people all have ended up in an insane assylum..."
I love the mystic feeling bringed to this entry. It's great.

VOODOOM, the Pin Pokémon

"Normally VOODOOM appears lifeless because it doesn't have the motivation to move. However, it gains the desire to move again when lightning charges it through the pins placed on it's body. Once it has been struck by lightning, it is always on the search for more pins."

So... Suggestions?

Final Submittion

Voodoom, the Voodoo Doll Pokemon.

"VOODOOM was used in ancient times by humans to cause misfortune to others mentally. Because of this, it has suffered the same pain as to those which are its victims."

To add to this.

Voodoll, the Voodoo Doll Pokemon.

"Once used as a playmate for yound children, it was taken from them and used for Voodoo. For this reason it has a pin in its heart."

Final Submission

"They are attracted to areas filled with strife, where they absorb the frustration and anger of those around them. Many TOGEKISS sightings have been in areas they once inhabited."

A voodoo doll is, in some respects, a way to vent anger without actually causing real harm. So Voodoom could be seen as paving the way for Togekiss by reducing strife. I based my Pokedex entry on this idea.

Voodoom, the Vengeful Doll Pokemon

"VOODOOM draws pain from innocents to augment its powers. It then seeks revenge against whomever wronged the sufferer. Many DELIBIRD have suffered its wrath."

From my perspective, Voodoom isn't evil or particularly nasty. It was created for evil purposes, but it has broken free and now avenges those who have suffered. And of course, the usual DELIBIRD-bashing of CAP is here.

I have two I'm considering:

Voodoom:
Vengeance Pokemon
When a needle pierced VOODOLL's heart, it released the pent up anger stored there. It will keep the needle in its heart until it has taken vengeance on the one who abused it.

This entry has a fable-like quality to it, which is common in pokedex entries, including that of Togekiss. Also, it's sort of a "Shellder bit Slowpoke's tail" kind of entry.

Voodoom:
Life Force Pokemon
The needles in its body allow it to channel its inner energy. TOGEKISS are often drawn to its powerful aura, mistaking it for a noble soul.

"Life Force" is a decidedly different turn from "Vengeance", but I think it relates quite well to both the typing and the art, taking bits from Voodoo as well as eastern philosophy. Life Force ties in with being a Voodoo doll due to the connection between the life of the doll and the life of a living person. The channeling of inner energy with needles relates to eastern mythology about Qi, which easily ties in to "Life Force". If we're going with Qi, we might as well notice that Voodoom's design has elements of a Yin-Yang. Thus, it were to wield its inner energy (i.e. special attacks) it would have to control Yin (Dark) and Yang (Fighting). Pokemon wise, Yin and Yang would have to represented by two types with awesome synergy, anyway. At the very least, the fact that it has two colors suggests that he might balance two types of "inner energy". Also, I thought explaining that the needles channel energy lends plausibility to Volt Absorb. Thus, in a way this dex explains the relation to Togekiss, typing, ability, build, and aspects of the art and movepool (Needles, Aura Sphere, Accupressure).

Also, while it's not very dark, it at least implies that Voodoom is not a noble soul.

Voodoom, the Heartbroken Pokemon

"VOODOOM was made by a voodoo master who wanted a generic doll. After he was created, he was struck by lightning, and animated. His master abandoned him, and only Togekiss can heal his heart."

I wrote this to really show how I see him: A poor, emotionally damaged voodoo doll, who's only comforter is Togekiss. When they work together, they fulfill their true goals, Togekiss to cheer up broken hearts, Voodoom to be healed.

And for Voodoll:
Voodoll, the Punishment Pokemon

"For years, Voodoll are beaten senselessly by their owners who need to vent. When they evolve, they avenge the wrongs that brought them and their masters so much sorrow."

This reveals the noble side to Voodoom: a pokemon who protects his owner to the end.

I like this one a lot, but I think killing the VOODOLL is a bit harsh for a kids game. Maybe you could just have it be stabbed without dying. Even better - it's owner throws it away during a thunderstorm, and it gets electrocuted and evolves. Now it wanders the land, angry at how it was abandoned and looking for vengeance. I don't mean to change your idea too much, but I just don't want to see VOODOLL get fatally stabbed...he's too cute!
I changed it a litttle. It's still a bit dark, but better than the last version:

VOODOOM are VOODOLL that have been stabbed through the heart, and then struck with a bolt of lightning. This gives VOODOOM great power. It now wanders the earth seeking vengeance on those who hurt it in its past life.

I didn't add anything about being thrown away, etc. because that seems like something that would go in voodoll's entry, not voodoom's. Plus this entry is long enough as it is.

Final Submission

VOODOOM, the Voodoo Pokemon.

It stabs itself with pins and needles to harness destructive powers. It uses those powers to get revenge on those who have forsaken it.

Final Submission

Okay, this is my final submission unless it's too long (as in long enough that it is literally too long to be a Dex entry) , in which case I have some slightly truncated versions of it I can use.

VOODOOM - the Pin Brawl pokemon

"Only by giving up its own heart can a VOODOLL become the remorseless killing machine known as VOODOOM. This sacrifice is also its weakness, however, since, without a heart, it must charge its chest-needle with electricity every week to remain animated."

I included the truncated versions below, feel free to use one of these to get the appropriate length. They are essentially the same entry as above, just with shorter language.
ALTERNATIVE IF THE ABOVE IS TOO LONG:

"Only by giving up its own heart can a VOODOLL become the remorseless killing machine known as VOODOOM. However, with no heart, it must charge its chest-needle with electricity weekly to remain animated."

EVEN SHORTER

"By giving up its own heart a VOODOLL becomes the remorseless killing machine known as VOODOOM. Without a heart it must charge its chest-needle with electricity weekly to remain animated."

FOUR options:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Brooding Pokemon.

1. VOODOOM inhabit dark places, forever reflecting on their pained existences. People report feeling pins and needles after happening across this Pokemon.

2. No one knows what VOODOOM are stuffed with.

3. VOODOOM's sutured and mottled body is host to inner struggle. This Pokemon is constantly fighting its dark half.

4. VOODOOM is composed of scraps from coffin lining and discarded mourning veils.

The second one is short, but I think it has a menacing and thought-provoking air. Option Three fits the inspiration and is something everyone can relate to.

VOODOOM
Monster Doll Pokémon

Its limbs were stitched together from several old rag dolls, and brought to life with lightning.
I decided to base this entry on Frankenstein's monster, which Voodoom reminds me of.

VOODOOM
Voodoo Pokémon

It uses dark powers to make foes share its pain; the more foes it has defeated, the more pins can be found in its body.
This entry focuses more on the voodoo aspect; however, it might be a bit long.

By the way, a lot of these entries seem very long compared to the official 4th gen entries; here's one for comparison:

When they lined up side by side, no foe could break through. They shielded their young in that way.
The Ruby/Sapphire entries are longer, as the Pokédex has two pages for the description:

QUAGSIRE hunts for food by leaving its mouth wide open in water and waiting for its prey to blunder in unaware. Because the POKéMON does not move, it does not get very hungry.
However, as this is a 4th gen project, I assume that the entries should be in line with the 4th gen ones.

These are the ones of mine that were good. I've edited them, see for yourself.

Voodoom, the Pin Doll Pokemon.

"It lives in tribes with other VOODOOM and VOODOLL. The needle through its chest is bestowed upon evolution. During wars with other tribes, it takes pins from fallen enemies."

Voodoom, the Grief Pokemon.

"It has been known to lose control of itself and turn on an ally. Feeling remorseful after coming to its senses, it finds a stray pin to stick itself with. Each pin is a reminder of a friend lost in anger."

Voodoom, the Patchwork Pokemon.

"The needle in its chest can be used as a melee weapon if removed, but only if by the same VOODOOM. If any other Pokemon come across it, VOODOOM will relentlesly pursue that Pokemon to retrieve its needle."

I have two I'm considering:

Voodoom:
Vengeance Pokemon
When a needle pierced VOODOLL's heart, it released the pent up anger stored there. It will keep the needle in its heart until it has taken vengeance on the one who abused it.

This entry has a fable-like quality to it, which is common in pokedex entries, including that of Togekiss. Also, it's sort of a "Shellder bit Slowpoke's tail" kind of entry.

Voodoom:
Life Force Pokemon
The needles in its body allow it to channel its inner energy. TOGEKISS are often drawn to its powerful aura, mistaking it for a noble soul.

"Life Force" is a decidedly different turn from "Vengeance", but I think it relates quite well to both the typing and the art, taking bits from Voodoo as well as eastern philosophy. Life Force ties in with being a Voodoo doll due to the connection between the life of the doll and the life of a living person. The channeling of inner energy with needles relates to eastern mythology about Qi, which easily ties in to "Life Force". If we're going with Qi, we might as well notice that Voodoom's design has elements of a Yin-Yang. Thus, it were to wield its inner energy (i.e. special attacks) it would have to control Yin (Dark) and Yang (Fighting). Pokemon wise, Yin and Yang would have to represented by two types with awesome synergy, anyway. At the very least, the fact that it has two colors suggests that he might balance two types of "inner energy". Also, I thought explaining that the needles channel energy lends plausibility to Volt Absorb. Thus, in a way this dex explains the relation to Togekiss, typing, ability, build, and aspects of the art and movepool (Needles, Aura Sphere, Accupressure).

Also, while it's not very dark, it at least implies that Voodoom is not a noble soul.

I like the first very much, seemms GF-y.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I thought it would be hard to Dex Voodoom without making small Dex entries about Voodoll. Here are some of my ideas.
---
Voodoll, The Happiness Pokemon

Entry 1: "VOODOLL are common gifts on holidays. Every VOODOLLl dreams of finding a child who'll love it."

Entry 2: "VOODOLL live off the happiness of children. When a child stops loving their VOODOLL, it starts to grow vengeful."

Entry 3: "Old stories say that VOODOLL were once normal dolls. They were given life when struck by lightning."
---
Voodoom, The Revenge Pokemon

Entry 1: "When a VOODOLL is no longer loved, it evolves into VOODOOM. They silently plot revenge against their owners."

Entry 2: "When a eaves of a house are covered in SHUPPET, it is said that a VOODOOM lives in that house."

Entry 3: "VOODOOM detest light. They have been known to absorb the electricity of light bulbs to turn homes pitch black."
---

A bit off topic, but the Dex entries kinda explain my idea of how Voodoll evolves. When you catch a Voodoll, it already has max happiness, much like how Buneary has 0 Happiness when caught. To evolve Voodoll, you have to get its happiness to 0, unlike all other happiness based Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)