CAP 11 CAP 11 - Dex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

Voodoom, the Mixed Bag Pokemon

"VOODOOM places pins on it's pressure points to balance out it's unstable powers."
The idea behind this entry is that Voodoom has the power to bless and curse it's foes, but with that much power, Voodoom's energy is unstable. It has trouble containing and controlling that much power in a small doll body! So by putting pins on it's pressure points, that unstable energy is nerfed, allowing Voodoom to use it's powers without going overboard.
Mixed Bag refers not only to it's two different powers, (blessing and cursing) but it also to the fact that Voodoom is made out of cloth. Perhaps that cloth came from a Bag of flour or something.

My favorite dex entries at this moment are:
FlareBlitz's because the idea of a misunderstood Dark type fits this CAP better than a malicious Dark type IMO. I also like the idea of Voodoom slowly but surely bonding with it's trainer.

Sparky Young Upstart's first entrynot only because it also brings in the idea of a misunderstood Dark type, but because it incorporates Volt Absorb without the feeling that it was shoe-horned in.

HD I'm surprised that this entry hasn't gotten attention! The core concept (Voodoom's responsibility over pain) is refreshingly different from other entries, and the way it incorporates Arceus makes it even cooler!

petrie911: Unlike other entries here that relate to Togekiss, this one is well thought out, and innovative in the since that Voodoom and Togekiss don't make a direct or intentional relationship.

Midnight Snow: I like how mysterious this entry is (The fact that there is no explanation on how people feel "pins and needles" when encountering Voodoom; No one knows what Voodoom is stuffed with) Mysterious dex entries work well with Dark types, and create vivid imagery in your head via imagination. (I have an idea what Voodoom is stuffed with, but that's only my theroy.)

McLuvdisc: This entry also places distinct and interpreted imagery in your head. (e.g. A group of Voodoom that's as big or small as you imagine it; What the strange symbols look like; How a group of Voodoom cause symbols to appear in trees.)

Jebus McAzn: I think a bullying pokemon fits well with the Fighting/Dark typing. Plus, I like the idea that some of the pins weren't originally on Voodoom, and were stolen from other pocket monsters. And once again, this dex entries puts distinct and imaginative concepts in your mind. (e.g. If Voodoom lived in the mountains, would they steal tusks from Piloswine? Did one of Voodoom's needles orignally belong to a Weedle, before it shed it's skin?)

Final Submission

VOODOOM
Monster Doll Pokémon

Its body is rumored to have been stitched together from lost dolls, and brought to life with lightning.
An edited version of my first concept. I incorporated its rather unusual ability by drawing a parallel with Frankenstein's monster; I imagine Voodoom to have been formed in a very similar manner. That it was formed from 'lost dolls' is meant to imply that it could have feelings of sorrow or anger, fitting the Dark type.
I tried to keep it roughly the same length as the 4th gen dex entries; this means it might look a bit short.

Final Submission

Voodoom, the Puppet Pokemon

'VOODOOM lurks in dark caves, and has a aggressive personality. Strangely, it seems to be very friendly to wild TOGEKISS.'

'VOODOOM is a solitary hunter, and often preys on weak, injured creatures. Strangely, it seems to show a uncanny friendship with TOGEKISS.'

'VOODOOM live in groups. They often prey on wild CACTURNE for their needles, and it is considered a honor to have the needles.'

As you can see, their are multiple Dex entries. The first two are for solitary Voodoms and the third is for groups of Voodoms.

I personally like the second one most, and that is my final submission. If any of you like the others, just say so :)

FINAL SUBMISSION

Voodoom, the Patchwork Pokemon.

It has been known to lose control of itself and turn on an ally. Feeling despondent after coming to its senses, it finds a stray pin to stick itself with. Each pin is a reminder of a friend lost in anger"

This was the only one that got positive feedback.

I thought I'd give it a crack, just for a laugh.

VOODOOM, the voodoo Pokemon

"It is said that when one inflicts pain on a VOODOOM, the attacker feels the pain instead."

or, the complete opposite

"It is said that when a VOODOOM comforts another Pokemon, a large needle appears in its body. Despite this, it continues to look for and aid unhappy Pokemon."

VOODOOM

Curse Pokémon

A puppet that came to life from the pain of a cursed needle. The pain it feels lasts for all eternity.

Second submission I ever made in CAP.

Well, the silence regarding my previous suggestion told me that something was wrong, and I decided it was the second sentence. That, or nobody likes me ;_;
Yeah, well, here we go again.

VOODOOM - Lonely Doll Pokémon

"It lives with the stigma of being discarded. Its size and expression tends to frighten children, though all it wants is a loving home."

VOODOOM, the Pin Cushion Pokemon.

"VOODOOM delights in bearing the pain of others. It is accustomed to great deals of punishment and torture."

FINAL SUBMISSION

Voodoom, the Anguish Pokemon:

"It wanders the world in search of a friend. TOGEKISS have been known to show compassion toward these otherwise unloved creatures."

FINAL SUBMISSION

Final Submission

VOODOOM
The Soul Link Pokemon

"VOODOOM are lasting symbols of deceased Pokemon. Each VOODOLL's existence is bound to that of another Pokemon. When it is time for the other Pokemon to die, VOODOLL sticks a pin through its heart and evolves into VOODOOM."

Final Submission

Vodoom, Pain Sharer Pokémon

"When you attack this Pokémon, you instantly feel pain. It's said that it can catch electricity with it's needle, which makes him feel better."

Final Submission

Voodoom
Agony Pokémon

Its sole energy source is elecricity, which is attracted by the protruding needle. However, the same needle also induces excruciating pain for the duration of its life.

Final submission.
Voodoom the Suffering Pokemon

The pin thru its heart was put there by Voodoom itself after much suffering and grief to end its pain, but instead the needle caused it to absorb various forms of energy. Remembering its lifetime of pain it will roam the earth not to seek vengence but to absorb the grief of others.TOGEKISS is the only thing that can bring it joy so it will seek one out all its life and when it finds one will fight to the death protecting it.

I got a Comment on mine from before, so here's a revised version:

VOODOOM, the BlackMagic Pokemon

"Though it's rarely seen in the wild, they have been seen in groups of around 20. A select few claim that they follow an invisible force, though nobody has any proof..."

And here's another one for another game:

"Many people claim that the are evil. However, it is just a misunderstood creature without a friend in the world. TOGEKISS, however, tries to make friends with it."

Final submission.
Voodom the Pain Pokemon
After countless suffering and grief voodoll put a pin thru it`s heart to end it`s suffering.Insted the needle allowed to absorb energie and evolve.Remembering its pain it roams the earth not seeking vengence but absorbing the grief of others.Togekiss are the only thing that can bring them joy so voodoom will fight to the death defending one.
This is a nice story, but it has too many sentences and various spelling and grammar mistakes. If you could cut it to 3 sentences (OP says 1-3) and clean it up a bit, it would make a nice entry. Be sure to read through all the guidelines in the OP.

Figure I'll give this a shot. Might try and tidy it up later before I make it final.

Voodoom, the Karma Pokemon

It lays horrible curses on those with malice in their hearts. TOGEKISS uses VOODOOM to drive away those who would bring strife to its nesting grounds.

VOODOOM, the despair pokemon
When VOODOLL sticks a needle into its heart to evolve, it begins ridding people of despair and hording it for itself. Surprisingly this helps TOGEKISS in its quest to bring joy.
FINAL SUBMISSION

Final Submission

I feel that at least one of Voodoom's dex entries should mention lightning or such, really, without question.
I mean, while most of us know its back-story from Doug's details, a person who was shown the Pokemon after completion wouldn't.
The dex entries are supposed to introduce the Pokemon and explain it's behavior.
If the Pokemon just absorbs electricity and comes with no explanation at all, it makes no sense.
Just throwing that out there for when the polls come around.
That said...

Final Submission
VOODOOM the Vengeance POKEMON.
"As it lacks any other life force, it must routinely absorb electricity in order to remain animate."

Yes, I wrote that it NEEDS electricity to live. To me, it's the only way it makes it so it doesn't seem forced.
It's a voodoo doll. Okay. It has pins. Makes sense. It uses them to absorb electricity and heal itself. ...Huh?
Oh, it uses the electricity to live- it lacks a life force after the suffering it's been put through. Oh, that's cool.

FINAL SUBMISSION
Voodoom, the Vengeance Pokemon

Years of misunderstanding have given it a reclusive nature. The rods and pins throughout it's body attract lightning, so it is most commonly seen during thunderstorms.

breh

強いだね
FINAL SUBMISSION
Voodoom, the Voodoo Pokemon

A normally docile Pokemon, VOODOOM absorbs the anger and distress of others and releases the pent up rage when provoked, giving it a fierce will to fight. The more pain VOODOOM has stored, the deeper its needles go into its flesh.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dex Poll will be up shortly.

Note that because of the number of entries I have been very selective in areas of grammar, number, and especially content. I have tried to specifically avoid words like "killing," "torture," "magical," etc. since they don't often feature in dex entries. As impractical as Pokemon physics are relative to our own, most Dex entries take a more descriptive, scientific approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)