Tournament Smogon Premier League: NeverUsed Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ORAS NU: Disenchanted vs rozes rozes is on a tear, I think there is a clear advantage in this one.
ORAS NU: Blast vs Can-Eh-Dian I know vs isn't a prediction but honestly I think this is a very even match, can't wait to see how this turns out.
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Soulgazer Teddeh is a very good battler but I think Soulgazer is going to do his homework and bring something that counters Ted
ORAS NU: Cased vs Realistic Waters I think Cased is gonna bring something that isn't standard and Realistic Waters is gonna take advantage of it
ORAS NU: Bouffalant vs Hack I think Hack has a slight advantage over Bouff, Bouff knows the meta better but some of his plays are questionable.

A bunch of exciting battles this week can't wait to see them.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ORAS NU: Disenchanted vs rozes
ORAS NU: Blast vs Can-Eh-Dian
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Soulgazer
ORAS NU: Cased vs Realistic Waters
ORAS NU: Bouffalant vs Hack
meta having to fight his former tutee is p funny. teddeh vs sg seems like the most exciting battle this week imo

ORAS NU: Disenchanted vs rozes does disenchanted even play nu?
ORAS NU: Blast vs Can-Eh-Dian there's something about Evan's last two teams that i really haven't liked, otherwise fairly even match but for that reason i have to give the edge to blast
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Soulgazer teddeh seems reluctant to branch out from his standard teddeh balance builds, i think sg will do his homework bring something that works well against
ORAS NU: Cased vs Realistic Waters waters is on a roll, cased is good though so this should be an exciting match
ORAS NU: Bouffalant vs Hack not too sure on this one so i giving the upper hand to bouff since he's probably the better nu player

ORAS NU: Disenchanted vs rozes this is funny that you have to fight your tutee, just remind him why hes a student
ORAS NU: Blast vs Can-Eh-Dian idk
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Soulgazer i cant see teddeh differentiating from teddeh, so unless he finally changes archetypes, sg's comin in hot with the ct lol
ORAS NU: Cased vs Realistic Waters spooky waterzz go! Waters is a good player and I love his teams, Cased is like the PDC of playing imo, yells a lot instead of focusing, probably why rozes is still 3-0
ORAS NU: Bouffalant vs Hack you won NU Open and can we free kilo pls

ORAS NU: disenchanted vs rozes
ORAS NU: Blast vs Can-Eh-Dian - same thing as what Shane said I liked Blast teams more then Can's. But he can take it home as well but Blast has the advantage.
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Soulgazer - this game us something to look forward to it can come down if teddeh begins to bring no Teddeh things or SG bringing things that teddeh has problems with.
ORAS NU: Cased vs Realistic waters - Waters is and I say it again almost unbeatable
ORAS NU: Bouffalant vs Hack - no idea how this pack out.

ORAS NU: Disenchanted vs rozes - obvious favourite, watch the upset radar on this one tho this spl's been crazy about them
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Soulgazer - hnggg
ORAS NU: Cased vs Realistic Waters - teacher > student
ORAS NU: Bouffalant vs Hack - g-g-guh

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i just want to say that i'm really proud of RW and Rozes so far! I know it's still early in the season, but you both have been impressing me since w1 and I am sure you both will have above average record by the end :)

ORAS NU: Disenchanted vs rozes - ruiners lower tiers simply cannot win w/o hax. also upset that i couldn't get to play jarii
ORAS NU: Blast vs Can-Eh-Dian - the two guy that could be doing better, yet can't seem to achieve it! Sucks that one of you will be 1-3 (i think you are both 1-2? not sure lol) :( I think I speak from everybody when I say that we are expecting you guys to step up your game!
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs soulgazer - he told me he was gonna ct me lol :spooky:
ORAS NU: Cased vs Realistic Waters - ilu cased, but i really believe RW cares more than you lol. i know you want to impress the spectators, but you need to actually focus this time.
ORAS NU: Bouffalant vs Hack - that raider logo flcl made is godlike

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
ORAS NU: random br #5 vs overpay
ORAS NU: needed hax to beat mono-normal vs mediocre brow user
ORAS NU: euro balance much vs sub barb lord
ORAS NU: dindu nuffin vs can't think of how to meme rw
ORAS NU: uu dude vs ubers dude

Syncrasy

Change the game, don't let the game change you
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ORAS NU: Disenchanted vs rozes- played pretty well even under some hard match ups, and over all seems like the better player
ORAS NU: Blast vs Can-Eh-Dian don't really know :p
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Soulgazer close match
ORAS NU: Cased vs Realistic Waters rw has been on fire
ORAS NU: Bouffalant vs Hack- seems like bouff is more experienced

i just want to say that i'm really proud of RW and Rozes so far! I know it's still early in the season, but you both have been impressing me since w1 and I am sure you both will have above average record by the end :)

ORAS NU: Disenchanted vs rozes - ruiners lower tiers simply cannot win w/o hax. also upset that i couldn't get to play jarii
ORAS NU: Blast vs Can-Eh-Dian - the two guy that could be doing better, yet can't seem to achieve it! Sucks that one of you will be 1-3 (i think you are both 1-2? not sure lol) :( I think I speak from everybody when I say that we are expecting you guys to step up your game!
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs soulgazer - he told me he was gonna ct me lol :spooky:
ORAS NU: Cased vs Realistic Waters - ilu cased, but i really believe RW cares more than you lol. i know you want to impress the spectators, but you need to actually focus this time.
ORAS NU: Bouffalant vs Hack - that raider logo flcl made is godlike
You not the only one man really wanted to play you.

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
Yo,

Personally I am quite enjoying the high level NU games from this SPL. Usage stats are cool but doesn't show the entire team process, and how each mon' fulfills the role in the team. Teams are the most interesting part, so just threw together this list of each team used so far in this spl and how it performed.

I'll update this as spl goes on.

Red and Green represent losses and wins, respectively

[RUIN] Jarii

vs. Replay
[WOLF] Bouffalant

[CRYO] Teddeh

vs. Replay
[SCTR] Realistic Waters

[CONG] soulgazer

vs. Replay
[FLCN] Can-Eh-Dian

[SHRK] Cased

vs. Replay
[TGRS] Blast

[BIGS] rozes

vs. Replay
[RAID] Hack

[BIGS] rozes

vs. Replay
[WOLF] Bouffalant

[CONG] soulgazer

vs. Replay
[TGRS] Blast

[SHRK] Cased

vs. Replay
[RAID] Hack

vs. Replay

[FLCN] Can-Eh-Dian

vs. Replay
[SCTR] Realistic Waters

[RAID] Hack

vs. Replay
[TGRS] Blast

[CRYO] Teddeh

vs. Replay
[WOLF] Bouffalant

[SCTR] Realistic Waters

vs. Replay
[FLCN] Can-Eh-Dian

[CONG] soulgazer

vs. Replay
[RUIN] PttP

[SHRK] Cased

vs. Replay
[BIGS] rozes

Also, Midseason! Here are the signups for nu so far, Confide, Hjad, Quite Quiet, Znain, The Goomy, SHANEGHOUL, papai noel, snagaa, Crystalites, Toxzn, Shadestep, RaSeRi, Holiano, Eagle-hawk, Renchon, Shuckleking87, tjdaas, toptierboy, Abahu, TGMD, Parpar, Hootie, Aurosis, Firebarn, lolbro, mfhoundoom, Raptue., MrAldoPls, CrashYourFace, RobertAlfrons, H-C, MrMimeMania, Rayzark, IBIREVER, Cheek Pouch.

Who do you think if anyone will get picked up?

#freeshane

those usage stats are pretty cool actually. I like how the former Don of Nu, rhydon, has fallen from grace and has a 0 win % so far even though he was used only 4 times. Also ferroseed seems to be the anti meta force people are claiming him to be since he has been brought to 7 games and picking up a solid 70% win rate.

Haven't been very surprised at the high usage/win rate of Ferroseed, as it's usage usually comes in waves due to meta trends, and the current meta game is pretty favorable towards it. What's surprised me more is Abomasnow's lack of usage. Aboma has only been brought once by Waters and looking at a lot of the builds so far, Aboma can really do a number to them. In terms of records I'm pretty surprised @ Cased and Teddeh both being 1-3, as they have more experience and are more proven in an SPL setting than people like Meta and Waters. Speaking of meta and waters, congrats to you guys you've both been super impressive and I'm looking forward to what else you guys do this SPL. For pickups, obviously I think Shane deserves of a slot but besides that I'm neutral. Lastly,
#FreeKiyo

Out of all the NU dudes, i think shane is going to get picked up too, obviously. Also hoping hjad will get picked up probably not as an NU main, but more as an all round sub since he got to playoffs of Gslam, so he has backgrounding knowledge in RU, NU, UU, LC, Doubles, etc.

Only other stand out nomination on the list in my opinion is Ren-Chon who has decent PO experience in team tours, won PSPL for room portugal and is a very under-rated player as far as NU is concerned.

Regards to my record, I've written my explanation:
I suck

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
only team that has money and "needs" a nuer is ruiners, maybe falcons but they have bigger issues (uu, bw, their retains losing every weeks) and evan can def bounce up after that 1-3

so yeah shaneghouls might get bought, i wouldnt be surprised if no teams buy nuers though.
Falcons: 1-3, but bigger problems to fix with not so much credits
Sharks: 1-3 They have Cased and like 3k credits (?), they won't go for another NUer UNLESS they do some cheeky strats (Conflict to BW, Cased GSC, and a new NUer)
Classiest: 3-1 duh they got me GOTEM
RUINERS: 1-3 from 3 players, they got lots of money
Cryonicles: Teddeh is 1-3 and seems to have no time to build, so maybe? lol
Raiders: 1-3(?) they have 3 NUer AND FLCL, so no
Wolfpack 3-1
Bigs: 3-1
Scooters: 4-0
Tigers: 2-2

also i can confirm that teddeh does suck, what was that random ass gourgeist-super on HO for LOL (it was Foul Play oda)

and yes im just messing around

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
rozes told me to dump them here, and i wanna do it because Tier Shift is (should) happening this week and I don't think I will re-use them during SPL, so why not let you guys spam my stuff like in early XY yn

OMFUGOD (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

KA$H MONEY KEV (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Spikes

ORTHEORE (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

FATNECK WEPWN (Steelix) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

CASEDVICTORIE (Samurott) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

BLUNDER (Sceptile) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake / Acrobatics
- Substitute

note: I had EQ in my game vs Blast because he's a Skuntank / Garbodor fanatic from my memories... alas he didn't have one rofl
goal of the team: weaken the opponent's team with CB Scyther, LO Taunt Samurott, and Mixed Garbodor to open them up to Sceptile. Hitmonchan is actually good, guys. EVs on Sceptile lets me activate Unburden after two subs as well as make the substitute survive an Hariyama's priority (Fake Out or Bullet Punch). Might not be the most efficient spread though. Oh and outspeeds base 95s such as Jynx, which I knew Blast loves o_o

OMFUGOD (Pinsir) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

+haima: hey anti (Sceptile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

フリクリ (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

KINGPIN OJAMA (Barbaracle) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Shell Smash

BUTT STINKY (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 172 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Memento
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt

CALLOFLOCHIE (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

note: use return if you are a pussy, you can go faster on skunk (and it needs all 4 moves!)
goal: simple. abuse the fact that your opponent doesn't know NU that much and cheese him for a win with memento and barbaracle. I was using SR LO Pinsir too, because in my mind anybody outside of NU would spam Xatu 24/7, esp. vs someone known for loving spikes like me :3

フリクリ (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Omfuga's Back (Piloswine) @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Atk / 100 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

KINGPIN OJAMA (Xatu) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 4 SpD / 8 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Signal Beam
- Roost

SHAKEITUP (Rampardos) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt
- Head Smash
- Superpower

FATNECK FAJI (Garbodor) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 60 Def / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes

fleuve (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 124 HP / 4 Def / 200 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast

I'll let you guys find out what all those spreads does, just know that they are all needed lol.
I wanted to show off and use Choice Scarf Rampardos with some Spikes and a second Choice Scarf 'mon to cover stuff Rampardos cannot. Really proud of this team in particular

I am not giving the import of my Week 1 team because I believe it wasn't as good as it could have been, but I'll show the Musharna + Combusken because I really do think that it is a neat combo to cover multiple playstyles in just 2 'mons:

非現実的な夢 (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

炎蹴り鶏 (Combusken) @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Last edited:

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
rozes told me to dump them here, and i wanna do it because Tier Shift is (should) happening this week and I don't think I will re-use them during SPL, so why not let you guys spam my stuff like in early XY yn

OMFUGOD (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

KA$H MONEY KEV (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Spikes

ORTHEORE (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

FATNECK WEPWN (Steelix) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

CASEDVICTORIE (Samurott) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

BLUNDER (Sceptile) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake / Acrobatics
- Substitute

note: I had EQ in my game vs Blast because he's a Skuntank / Garbodor fanatic from my memories... alas he didn't have one rofl
goal of the team: weaken the opponent's team with CB Scyther, LO Taunt Samurott, and Mixed Garbodor to open them up to Sceptile. Hitmonchan is actually good, guys. EVs on Sceptile lets me activate Unburden after two subs as well as make the substitute survive an Hariyama's priority (Fake Out or Bullet Punch). Might not be the most efficient spread though. Oh and outspeeds base 95s such as Jynx, which I knew Blast loves o_o
You have too many EVs on Garb

ok i guess ill post some of da teams i used. fuck charizard

dom prayer (Ninetales) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock

magnus carlsen (Steelix) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Earthquake

same old thing (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Air Slash

banco (Sceptile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

dream to me (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

graduation (Audino) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam

Team built around Nasty Plot HP Electric Ninetales; Elec was ran cause from scouting Jarii had pretty much always ran stuff like Lix / Yama / Mantine, so breaking those kind of cores would be really useful since Ninetales has a good speed tier and most teams would rely on defensive methods to check it. Energy Ball can definitely be used here if you're afraid of Rhydon. The rest of the team is fairly standard, Lix / Mantine / Weezing is a solid defensive backbone (that also gets the work from Ninetales lol) that covers most threats, Mega Audino deals with stuff like Rotom and passes Wishes to any of the other defensive mons if i need to. I wasn't sure if running a different set here was worth it, but I felt like that having a way to keep my other mons healthy was too good to pass up, although CroDino or offensive was cool as well. Sceptile basically just cleans up stuff and is usually good for checking offensive stuff.

You can probably adjust a few things on this team, such as using Haze over Defog or Toxic on Mantine to deal with stuff like CM Xatu (which i wuda got slammed by but Scald and Heat Wave are good moves), as well as going for a more offensive spread on Steelix (252 HP / 136+ Atk / rest in SpD, a little speed creep doesn't really hurt).

qataban (Steelix) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

lapis (Sawk) @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

hittite (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 140 Def / 16 SpA / 204 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Whirlpool
- Heal Bell

omfugod (Jynx) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

sabean (Xatu) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Roost

ottoman (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Poison Jab

Another squad aimed at breaking usual balance squads, since that was what Ted was pretty much always running; from Week 1 I pretty much learned how good CM Xatu was versus standard balance squads, so I just decided to stack up that kinda shit with mons like Scarf Jynx and Expert Belt Sawk, since they also kinda plow those type of builds. The rest of the team is really just standard, nothing too special about it, I mainly just wanted glue stuff that checked most of the meta. I ran Signal Beam on Xatu because I noticed how he had a pretty big Malamar fetish (both from his current teams and from being on Ruiners with him last year), and Thunder Punch is pretty much just for Mantine and Pelipper.

I'll probably post my other teams at the end of the season, as well as virtually everything I've built and didn't use cus I doubt I'm gonna be playing much after SPL ends oO

Last edited:
Now that Shaneghoul and HJAD are picked up for SPL (Shaneghoul by the Ruiners) (HJAD by the Cryonicles).
Leave your thoughts about these drafts here and how it effects the teams they are on.
Cryonicles:
Teddeh
HJAD

Ruiners:
Disenchanted
Shaneghoul
Jarii

First of all congrats for getting drafted for SPL!

I'm personally really happy with Shaneghoul being on the team i'm also a part of, as you can see Ruiners have a tough time in NU because me the only real NU main. With little to no experience in big tournaments, I am delighted that Shaneghoul is joining our team to make us stronger in NU. Personally I had the feeling that HJAD was going to get picked up by the cryo's, personally I have my concerns about it since HJAD has yet to prove himself in these kind of tours (and I know that really well that it's hard to preform well under these kinds of tours, as you can see from my record rn. were not all Realistic waters and Rozes). But he can also help out in other tiers so he is a solid choice for the cryos

Well I'll post my thoughts because everyone seems to have gotten their knickers in a twist over HJAD being bought.
HJAD with all due respect to him, isn't being bought on his NU ability alone. He made it to the finals of RU open during GSlam whilst making playoffs, whilst having already make chemistry with the team, he was an excellent fit for a multi-rolling lower tier sub / someone who could fill in if Me, Scythe or teal were to be tilting / unavailable. We needed one since the rest of our subs were OU / old gen related; hence Alexander having to learn RU in a week was not the best for our team. So that is probably the main reason we chose to buy him over shaneghoul, because of his ability / experience in other tiers not just NU. That being said, he's gotten a huge amount of unnecessary hate for being picked up at mids when he's a gslam quarter finalist who has done exceptionally well this year, he deserves at least a chance to show his talents, even if it's as a sub.

My thoughts on Shane are simple, i think he'll help jari a lot with building / testing / competition for the spot whilst I may not expect amazing things, I will expect an above average record. There was a lot of hype as to why he went undrafted, so there may be a lot of pressure on his shoulders to perform and start well week 5 and 6 against me, so I hope he will be able to pull through. Nevertheless, he is a great addition to spl.

ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Cased - Cased hasn't really been all that impressive recently tbh, he just doesn't seem to be that motivated and it's showing in his record. Sg on the other hand is 3-1 and has been looking pretty good since his week 1 loss. Should be a fun one for sure and I can definitely still see cased taking it.
ORAS NU: Kiyo vs Disenchanted - Go ruiners *-*
ORAS NU: rozes vs Can-Eh-Dian - Meta has been on a roll and I haven't really liked a lot of Evan's teams, while I can still see Evan taking it I think rozes has the upper hand
ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs Bouffalant - I really have no idea for this, waters is 4-0 and has been playing great recently but I've been very impressed with how bouff has performed and I've really like the teams he's been bringing, for me this is definitely the highlight match and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they bring.
ORAS NU: Blast vs Teddeh - Not certain on this since Teddeh hasn't really been straying from his usual builds but at the same time it's a new meta so you never know \o/ More importantly tho I don't think that blast is too motivated at the moment for some reason and it's showed in his performances with both his wins being due to hax (altho vs evan he may have won w/o the hax but it's too hard to look into since the game was so 1 sided in blast's favour. If blast does his homework and prepares well I can see him taking it but I think teddeh has the upper hand, should be a good one either way

Last edited:
lol shane w/ the stealth edit (go raiders????)

lots of interesting matchas this week, i think we all noticed that shane's not starting but it goes along w/ what ciele has been doing all year: he rides the hot hand and disenchanted won last week so he'll probably stick with him until he drops a game. sg v cased looks like a fun one just from matchup cause it seems like they'll always try and style on each other (slaking?). glad to see kiyo getting his shot, what the raiders do w/ NU for the rest of the season will be an interesting storyline for sure.

#roadto1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)