Tournament Smogon Premier League: NeverUsed Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the Week 5 replays are the same if someone could fix that cause I wanna watch SG smack Cased around :]

fixed - bolts

Last edited by a moderator:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Week 6 is up oo

ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast

I'm actually really interested in this week, since there are so many Highlight matches
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh - Shane is honestly one of my favorite NU players to watch, and he's going to be coming out hot in his SPL debut that should have happened 5 weeks ago tbh
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters - Not many players are going to be able to beat SG this SPL ever since he picked it up after his week 1 loss, but if anyone can do it its Waters
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo - Honestly this one could go either way, but Kiyo is the better builder while Evan is the better battler, so I think in the end Kiyo can pick it up
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased - Bouff has been playing very well in the past few weeks, and his last week match against Waters puts him in a much better position to win this week

ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh - been more impressed with him as of late, ted can definitely take it though. nerves could get the best of shane but having won nu circuit (i think that's the name) and making it to finals of nu open i think he's got enough tour experience
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters - realistic waters is a really good teambuilder, but so is soulgazer. ive liked the stuff hes brought in the past weeks so i'm thinking he'll take it
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo - kiyos not afraid to go out of the box but i really want evan to win this
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased - sorry team but i can't bring myself to win against cased sensei
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast - blast hasn't really been in his groove i think, and rozes has been dominating this season

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
predicts:

Shaneghoul vs Teddeh - despite being his first game, I think shane can prepare well enough for what kinds of builds teddeh uses, and teddeh has been rather inconsistent this season overall
Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters - can't really pick on this one, definitely going to be a great match between two of the 4-1 players, both have been doing really well
Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo - Kiyo's builds are generally more consistent imo than evans and coming off a win on his first game puts him in a great spot, but wanting to prove yourself after losing 4 in a row is certainly a pretty significant motivation to prepare on evans behalf
Bouff vs Cased - I've been really impressed with bouff's performance this season
rozes vs Blast

idk which to call highlight matches since they're all going to be really good games oo

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
My predicts

ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh - I adore Shaneghoul and hope he can have a great run despite being picked up midseason. That doesn't mean to deter from Teddeh, who is a really good balance player.
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters - Both of them have done well so far in SPL so this match will be nice to see and good luck to both n_n
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo - Like bolts said, Kiyo has been more consistent and is coming off a win, but Evan is the underdog (and I always root for the underdog) so we shall see
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased - Surprised by Bouff in NU considering I normally see him as a UU player.
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast - Make it worth the 10k that was spent on you n_n

Overall really excited this week (moreso than I have been as I am normally like in the way back of the background lol). Good luck to all though :)

My thoughts:
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh - Go Shane - JariI core n_n! (Shane has improved so much damn)
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters - Hope waters, but my guts say soulgazer for some reason.
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo - If Evan is able to make such a solid team as he did last round and if no luck against him (Disjunction do not record him this time pls). He has a real good chance to take it home.
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased - Bouff improved so much since first weeks. I see him going something really good and Cased looks like he doesn't care to much.
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast - Rozes is able to win this if he makes a solid squad what he did in the first 3-4 weeks.

Go ruiners n_n

Ngl I enoy being the underdog! Bring on the challenge that is shaneghoul!
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters - I normally want Waters to win, but looking at how finch did last year, I know people who start 4-0 have a tendency to drop off... However I hope waters wins haha
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo - I think with how well kiyo started last week, it's hard to predict against him, nevertheless it will be an interesting match since they know each other rather well and i did enjoy will-o sd zard xD, hoping for a close game of frisbee
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased - If bouff is going to choke a week, it's going to be against the guy who taught him NU and helped him through slam. Cased has had a rough patch, but if he brings a genuinely solid team (and doesn't concentrate on showboating see: cased vs rozes as an example) then he should pull through imo.
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast - Hard to predict against rozes this spl, he's proved many people wrong myself included with how well he's done so far, whereas blast has not quite been his old self of last year, i hope he can spark some motivation and cause an interesting game of frisbee nonetheless.

As far as games go, I think that sg vs rw will be the highlight, then maybe me vs shane to prove I am the better bulky balance user!
Good luck all this week.

ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo - now being out of contention, we will inevitably get super lucky all the time and not feel bad even.

i was really thrown by the amount of zard usage right off the bat last week. not to say that i think it's a bad pokemon (quite the contrary really), but given the level of support it needs to pay dividends in conjunction w/the fact that, as a new drop, it'd tend to be something most folks were seeking to heavily prep for, it was pretty interesting to see it in almost every game played. but i guess coming from a dude that didn't use sf gatr in ru the one week of spl it was allowed, that doesn't mean all that much haha.

ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Kiyo
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast

SG versus Waters is definitely going to be interesting and is the HL match of the week in my eyes. Shane vs Teddeh will be interesting tho as will Bouff vs Cased oo

help i dont understand the frisbee meme D:

reposting my predicts here oo

ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh - expecting another beast late season run from teddeh, tough opener for shane
ORAS NU: Soulgazer vs Realistic Waters - sgs bringin some retard shit that he's gonna hype up to me 2 days before the match and its gonna put in work
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased - GUH
ORAS NU: rozes vs Blast - whoever gets luckier

hey this is post 999 fun times await oo

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Week 7 is upon us

ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs Kiyo
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Cased
ORAS NU: rozes vs soulgazer
ORAS NU: Bouff vs qsns
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Shaneghoul

Post Predicts
ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs Kiyo - Probably the highlight of the week, but with kiyo have a bunch of NU support and waters coming off a recent two loss streak, im going to have to give this to kiyo
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Cased - as much as I love cased, he hasn't impressed at all the past few weeks, while Teddeh has been coming back to the top of his game
ORAS NU: rozes vs soulgazer - prepare the slakings o.o
ORAS NU: Bouff vs qsns - QSNS QSNS QSNS QSNS QSNS bouff im sorry but QSNS IN NU :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Shaneghoul - i hate predicting against you every week evan since you're such a strong player, but shaneghoul isn't going 0-2 in SPL

good matchups this week tho :O

ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs Kiyo - there is that curse of people that are 4-0 and ending 4-4 but I think waters is going to prevent that, building skills they are on par but waters taking it on battling skills.
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Cased - not impressed with cased this spl at all.
ORAS NU: rozes vs soulgazer - is showing how good of a player he is after week 1, so SG has the advantage.
ORAS NU: Bouff vs qsns - A guy can dream
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Shaneghoul - all I have to say about this one is that i'm really happy that Shaneghoul gets another chance and that i'm going to support him more this week.

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Really enjoying how stacked the games are after midseason, not much separating these players in terms of raw skill.

~bold predicts~

ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs Kiyo - After facing bouff / sg, i think waters will come back into his own against a player he is more familiar with.
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Cased - FREE HJAD
ORAS NU: rozes vs soulgazer - This is gonna be the week where sg slips up imo
ORAS NU: Bouff vs qsns - 0 pressure on qsns, whereas people are expecting bouff to win this one. I think the upset can be pulled :D
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Shaneghoul - I think the pressure of an spl debut got to him, if he just concentrates on bringing a good team, i can see shane pulling through here, but i think ruiners are due an NU win since they're 1-5 in it collectively.

ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs Kiyo - Kiyo historically has Waters number in tournaments and as long as he prepares well should be fine
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Cased - Teddeh is hot and Cased has been lackluster all season.
ORAS NU: rozes vs soulgazer - My HL match of the week, this was probably the toughest to call but I don't see meta losing 3 in a row, and although grandpa SG has been pretty impressive so far, think meta will pull through.
ORAS NU: Bouff vs qsns - Love QSNS and i truly want him to win but Bouff is stil my pick for this one.
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Shaneghoul - I hate picking against Evan especially coming off of a win but Shane is going to give it his all and again, I can't see my dude going 0-2 like this.

Too many friends playing this week man

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
week 8 is up. post predictions :D.

ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs rozes
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Soulgazer
ORAS NU: Jarii vs Blast
ORAS NU: Kiyo vs Teddeh

ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Cased Cased is going to prep well and come through this week
ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs rozes helix :)
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Soulgazer sg has been the most consistent player this spl
ORAS NU: Jarii vs Blast. don't see blast failing to come out with a win this week
ORAS NU: Kiyo vs Teddeh Kiyo's teams and play have been good recently, and Teddeh has been lackluster even with hs late season run.

RW Rozes should be fun, hoping RW can break the 4-0 curse while Rozes has been playing well. Teddeh Kiyo looks interesting as well.

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Cased - Evan has shaped up since midseason so expecting him to take this.
ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs rozes - gooo meta
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Soulgazer - sg's game versus meta was pretty impressive so it's hard to bet against him
ORAS NU: Jarii vs Blast - Not to say Blast can't take this but if Jarii goes 0-3 he'll never hear the end of it from me n_n
ORAS NU: Kiyo vs Teddeh - Kiyo's creative approach to teambuilding gives him the advantage here imo

ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Cased - feel like cased can whip up a nice counterstyle and pull out the win if he tries
ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs rozes - big game, but waters is just way too good
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Soulgazer - soulgazer seems good
ORAS NU: Jarii vs Blast - if blast can beat gym leader norman he can beat anybody
ORAS NU: Kiyo vs Teddeh - despite teddeh being a bit lackluster this season, i can definitely see him pulling off a big win this week, especially if he can get creative with his building

ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Cased - Cased's performance has been better than his record suggests, I think vs Can he has the upper hand.
ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs rozes - Waters is a great player and will overcome the curse of 4-0 to 4-4.
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Soulgazer - Sgs just been extremely solid this season.
ORAS NU: Jarii vs Blast - Since this is not the WC finals, Jarii being dutch won't stand in his way to pull off the win.
ORAS NU: Kiyo vs Teddeh - A close one, Kiyo's brought some cool and innovative teams so far, but I think the win will go to the person who is less likely to bring shedinja sand.

some of my expert analysis, i've found that statistically, about 90% of teams this spl so far have been balance :D
ORAS NU: Can-Eh-Dian vs Cased - disrespectful nicknames are key to obtaining a 2-5 record in spl + can is on fiyaaa
ORAS NU: Realistic Waters vs rozes - RW has the 4-0 curse (s/o to Finchinator ) and it's been a tough road for him after mids after starting so well :(
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Soulgazer - sg's played really well, better than anyone else tbh
ORAS NU: Jarii vs Blast - bout time he pulls the thumb out of his ass, brings something good to spl and gets ruiners a win smh
ORAS NU: Kiyo vs Teddeh -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)