Team Fortress 2 - The Official Discussion Thread

The new flamethrower sounds horribly overpowered in the hands of a good pyro. It loses the air burst ability but it is a guaranteed crit if you hit your enemy in the back with it and gives you an extra 50HP while holding it. I really want it but all of the pyro achievements are hard to do atm because fricking everyone is playing pyro now. Can't exactly get the set people on fire ones against pyros, nor can I kill spies.

The flare gun is ok but does a lot less pure damage than the shotgun and doesn't work as well on fleeing ignited enemies. Its one big draw is it can set people on fire from fairly long ranges. I think I'll try it out for a bit but in the longrun the standard shotty is more useful if you're playing a pyro like you should be.

Axtinguisher isn't really that much better than the normal axe considering if you're in melee range as a pyro you should be using your flamethrower. Hell, even the shotgun is a better point blank weapon. Actually, the axtinguisher arguably a lot worse than the axe because if you're using the flare gun the axe is your only method of underwater combat.

I've gotten myself killed like a million times trying to get the OMGWTFBBQ achievement, landing a hadoken is ridiculously hard unless you can find an afker.

landing a hadoken is ridiculously hard unless you can find an afker.
Or a Sniper.

I've unlocked all of the Pyro upgrades, and I'm going with Flamethrower or Backburner (depending on what's needed more)/Flare Gun/Axtinguisher. That seems to be the best possible set-up.

I really sucked at TF2 the first time I tried it. Which class is the easiest to get a hang of, because it was an awesome game... I just died every fifteen seconds.

And no, it's not because I'm inept at FPS... team fortress 2 is just so different.

Steelicks, I always just miss you. It always says danstan_nz - Online 1 hour ago...

Its so annoying xD.

Anyway, I've unlocked the new weaps! I was playing some Well, Hydro and MK, and managed to get, like, a million achievements.

@skiddle: Pyro doesn't require too much skill. I just realised that you could put out a fire by pressing MOUSE2 (right click). Sniper doesn't require that much skill either.

@Kietharr: right you are!

@Woodsy: grats.

Spent the evening farming achieves and now I'm only missing 6 of them, 4 of which are the hardest four, 500 kills, 1000 kills, 1000000 damage and 50 capture point defenses. Also the obscure ones like the teleporter one
First impressions when I started playing again were fantastic. Pyro is so much more fun now, it's brilliant. I was on gravelpit, and the flare gun was really amazing. I spent a while getting the aim down but now I can usually flare them from a distance and then sneak behind them with the axe or backburner.

I played the free weekend with jc_rcw a lot today and I must say this is easily one of the most enjoyable fps games I have played! I really like the class system because if I ever get bored of playing one class I'll just switch to another. If any of you guys want to play just add me on Steam, my id is theamericandream38.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just unlocked the Flare Gun... nifty, isnt it? =)

dunno if its really that helpful, though...

And there it is again: Steelicks hops off 30 minutes before I come on >_>. xD.

Grats all. Also, americandream, its free this weekend as well. (Like, right now)

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
All of my IRL friends have stopped playing TF2 now, first calling it "Medic Fortress Two" and now "Pyro Fortress Two" :( Shame really, as I'm the kind of person who would have probably been bothered to spend the time getting the awards...

Still, may aswell check them out for old times sakes.

Steelicks, the flare gun is brilliant if you can aim it right because snipers get their aim screwed over if you hit them, and you can use it to sneakily set up the axtinguisher for a kill, not to mention it's just really fun

I got all the achievements except for Pyromancer today, a million burn damage is ridiculous and I'm roughly halfay there (550,000)

This game sounds really cool. But I have some questions.

1. Would you recommend a buy? I'm definitely thinking about it.
2. It's for computer right?
3. When you buy it on the website in the OP, is it sent to you in the mail, or can you download or some shit?
4. What are all the classes?

This game sounds really cool. But I have some questions.

1. Would you recommend a buy? I'm definitely thinking about it.
2. It's for computer right?
3. When you buy it on the website in the OP, is it sent to you in the mail, or can you download or some shit?
4. What are all the classes?
1. Yes.
2. Yes, along with the 360 and the PS3. Don't bother getting those versions, though.
3. You have to download it from Steam.
4. Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Medic, Sniper, Spy.

Hm. Thank you. I will either buy it today or tomorrow, and I'll let you guys know what my username is then.

@Hans, if you aren't certain whether your computer can handle it or not, check the link on the first page, top post. It'll analyze your computer and give you a rating - whether or not you can play the game.

@Americandream: yeah, thats true, but you have to download.

It says that it doesn't recognize my system or something like that. Are there any other programs that do the same thing as the one on the first page?

Set a new points record with demoman, on 2fort :D Got 50 points. Thats also my most points with any class (excluding huge points from modded servers I used to get chief of staff and firefighter, pyromancer etc.)

In the update today, the number of achieves neccessary to get the medic weapns was lowered to meet the pyro numbers, and I kept seeing people earning milestone 3 as soon as they logged in, followed by "what just happened?" xD

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the backburner is cool... but man, do the other pyro weapons sure suck

axtinguisher seems to have potential when teaming up with another pyro, though'

edit:

danstan_nz: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[LLC] Aman is now Offline.

Hehe.

You usually come on an hour or so before I come home from school. Stay for another hour next time you come on...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm starting to play again. I'm one achievement away from Ubersaw. I don't understand why I still don't have House Call. It seems to work really wierdly -_-; My friend keeps getting all surprised when I get an easy achievement. I have like 40 hours as Medic, but I stopped playing it as much after the achievements came out >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)