Team Fortress 2 - The Official Discussion Thread

Well, at least the retarded Spy dance is still working. Crouching+looking up+holding the disguise kit=what have I done?
I remember one time I had an epic 2fort match where everyone was in crab battle mode until someone joined the server as a Pyro and started torching everyone. Both teams got two caps before the crab battle ended, though.
There's also a glitch, if you call for a medic at the end of your taunt and then look up, you'll see the medic bubble above your head.
I don't think seeing your own HUD icons is really a glitch; I've seen my own voice icon on numerous occasions (I sort of chuckle every time this happens because I have "TIMOTEI" and "F10 for mute menu" as my HUD icons for blu and red).

@Stoo99: The technique you're referring to is usually known as offensive engineering, it's covered in Evil Daedalus's instructional video on How to Play the Engineer. (Funnily enough, every time I've ever played with daed he's used soldier or demoman, two of the classes that he hasn't made tutorials for. Not that I can blame him, given how good both of them are.) I engineer offensively a lot, especially on 5 CP maps when I usually rush past the center point at the start of the round and try to build my sentry on a landing behind the enemy team's second spawn. (This is easiest on Granary but is also possible on Well). The great thing about this is that you're shooting them in the back, meaning that you can often bring them down from full health without your sentry taking any damage as they frantically search for the source of the damage that they're receiving. Even better, because you're behind them, your sentry will target whoever is bringing up the rear, meaning that if a medic is trailing behind a healing target, it'll take out the medic first. Sometimes, I'm actually successful in setting up a forward base and end up upgrading my sentry and putting down a teleporter exit and dispenser, increasing the number of teammates I have in the area who are there to ward off demomen, ubercharges, etc. Probably one of my most entertaining offensive engineering bouts was with two friends on 2fort, we set up a pair of sentries right inside the enemy base (with a third engineer standing by with extra metal and a sentry, dispenser, and teleporter exit coming up the sewer). Some demomen rained on that parade, but we gradually moved our sentry farm up to the courtyard, and finally had a pair of sentries outside the enemy spawn by the time our team scored the third cap.

Anyway, I'm away from home and I won't be back on Steam for another week, so don't look for me.

so i watched that how2engy video kikuichimonji posted and tried out the whole offensive engy idea on a game of badlands earlier, and while being considerably more difficult it was a hell of a lot more fun.

the idea of letting level 1 sentries help you while you kill the crap out of people instead of taking the time to get up to level 3 with a dispenser next to you and turtle behind it gives engy a more fast paced way of playing. i noticed that it requires a lot more thinking on the fly because you have to judge how far your team has pushed so that you can figure out a good sentry spot.

after a bit i went back to heavy/medic/a little scout, but wow! offensive engy is quite the fun game to play, and if you enjoy playing engy you should give it a shot (provided you aren't needed more on defense). i got lucky, and there were always 2 other engys being defensive, so i could be an idiot and try to move up. all in all, good fun!

i play spy mainly

im pretty okay compared to the people i play with, but from what i understand, i play with a pretty good server

ill give tips to new spys but i cant offer a whole lot you couldnt find off of the internet somewhere (spy is a comparatively personal class; though there are some basic moves and strategies you will have to learn, it really comes down to you finding your groove, and thats something you cant really learn from other people)

This is an amazing game, I must admit.
I play the Demoman most often, and he's quite fun with his area denial. In that vein, Engineer is also pretty cool to do this, just watch out for those sppppiessss. I would really be interested if we all did a server or whatever together as Smogon, that would be cool.

P.S. Bonk

I've started playing all-round now. Gotten back into sniper a bit again. And am playing much more engineer and demoman.

That how2engy vid is pretty good, and informative.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think we should get a little Smogon party together like Stoo tried to do. A little Server clearing is in order? ;)

Yesyesyes
Tpup is Collycauseschaos
And I'm GrayCloud, though I'll probably change that.

Lets dew this.

(I also tried to add everyone, but it didnt work for some ((Danstan_nz)) )

is there a steam group up? i would play with you bros but i dont want to have to hassle with adding everyone manually because i am lazy

everyone itt, join the steam group simply called Smogon, currently its me, steelicks, firestorm, and kikuichimonji
I tried to arrange a game a while back but nobody was on so I scrapped it :/
Hopefully we can get some more people in the group

everyone itt, join the steam group simply called Smogon, currently its me, steelicks, firestorm, and kikuichimonji
I tried to arrange a game a while back but nobody was on so I scrapped it :/
Hopefully we can get some more people in the group
joining up, ill be under brosaw

having some trouble finding it, is it just smogon? i cant find it through the search, which is admittedly terrible

I will join the group as well, I bought the full game a couple of weeks ago after I enjoyed the free weekend so much.

(steam username is tad38)

EDIT: I cannot locate the group either, can someone please invite me?

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
joining up, ill be under brosaw

having some trouble finding it, is it just smogon? i cant find it through the search, which is admittedly terrible
ya I'm having the same problem. Stoo why don't you just invite us to the group (I think you have my STEAM account).

Mines: matt4263

P.S. Haven't been able to play TF2 in a few months. When I start school (in about 2-3 weeks) I'll be on my regularly

hmm, I think your best bet to find it is to search for people who are already in it, because I know there can be problems using the shitty search

edit: Invited lord gloom and tad38, but matty I dont know your steam name, and if its just matty there are several on steam

Too many people whinged about the pyro being overpowered, and on paper they are probably right, though I dont play pyro enough to make a judgement myself

its just one of those things you really cant predict

the idea (from my understanding) was to give the class some extra longevity so tat they could ambush multiple targets between runs for health, but they just got so much that they could shrug off hits and just go all out frontline

their speed made them superior medic buddies as opposed to heavy and it kind of just went downhill from there

So apparently we're conjuring up an event c:
I have no clue what it would be or when, but I remember Stoo and Steelicks were talking about it on #smash.

OH YEAH THAT LINK IS THE ONE I POSTED STOO YOU THEIF

sorry esc but it is amazing I was in hysterics at the end lol
Also i think we (i) thought that early night/late afternoon (GMT) would be good since thats mid afternoon for EST and sort of late morning for australasiasians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)