The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i try to sneak other teams in like the browns and nobody cared. it just reverted back to a luck vs rgiii argument.

might as well talk about something i care about ~_~.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well i try to sneak other teams in like the browns and nobody cared. it just reverted back to a luck vs rgiii argument.

might as well talk about something i care about ~_~.
touche my friend, touche :)

Can it just be football season right now? Sundays are so boring without it :(

On paper I'm sure everyone would say Floyd. He's bigger and faster, but even though he got thrown to by Notre Dame's QBs, he still disappeared alot and sometimes didn't produce. I'd have to go Blackmon, as he just flat out outworks alot of other receivers. He just has that "it" factor that Larry Fitzgerald and Jerry Rice have/had.

Ever consider that maybe scouts have biases?
Oh the irony. If your team was about to get Brandon Weeden(who i think is better than RGlll) i'm sure you would try very hard and probably come to the conclusion that he was the best qb prospect. You are basically blinding yourself in order to get some confort in that the Skins made the right move and have not just screwed themselves for a long time. If anything, we should take whatever you say as a fan caught up in the moment.

Sorry but that's not a catch in the NFL!
6-4 234 has the ideal frame to put on weight and not lose speed. Could be a legitimate tight end at the next level.

But seriously I'm not a fan of Floyd or Blackmon. If it was the Falcons taking one I would prefer Blackmon since he resembles Boldin imo.

Was Mickey Loomis supposed to start his suspension on April 1st before the appeals? Or was it the same as it is now? Cos if it is the former, then it works out pretty well for the Saints.

6-4 234 has the ideal frame to put on weight and not lose speed. Could be a legitimate tight end at the next level.

But seriously I'm not a fan of Floyd or Blackmon. If it was the Falcons taking one I would prefer Blackmon since he resembles Boldin imo.
I'm saying it's not a catch because he only had one foot down in bounds.

Why would the Falcons need Blackmon; they already have R. White and J. Jones. Besides, they probably wouldn't get him anyway (unless they trade for a top pick like they did with Julio Jones)

Also, Parcells is staying retired. What coach will the Saints hire / use then?

Why would the Falcons need Blackmon; they already have R. White and J. Jones. Besides, they probably wouldn't get him anyway (unless they trade for a top pick like they did with Julio Jones)

Also, Parcells is staying retired. What coach will the Saints hire / use then?
He said IF the Falcons got to choose between one of them.

He said IF the Falcons got to choose between one of them.
Yeah, that's true; didn't quite catch that part of it I guess.

Honestly, I don't think that the Saints' coaching situation (and Boutygate) will affect them too much. Since Parcells isn't going to be coaching for them, they will probably use their own coaches to fill Sean Peyton's void. They did this last year when Peyton was injured, so these intern coaches know what they are doing. And, its still the same offense pretty much (minus the 'great' Robert Meachem of course), so they shouldn't have any issues on that side. Because they have an offense that can usually put up a lot of points, and because they have assistent coaches that have actually done the head coaches' jobs last season, they should be able to win at least 10 games next season.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
On paper I'm sure everyone would say Floyd. He's bigger and faster, but even though he got thrown to by Notre Dame's QBs, he still disappeared alot and sometimes didn't produce. I'd have to go Blackmon, as he just flat out outworks alot of other receivers. He just has that "it" factor that Larry Fitzgerald and Jerry Rice have/had.
what.....WHAT?...

did i just hear larry fitzgerald and jerry rice in the same sentence as justin blackmon. are you an OSU fan or something???

Honestly, 99% of nfl scouts and draft experts have blackmon over floyd. He draws alot of comparisons to Dez Bryant, but I don't see the same explosiveness in Blackmon. He is great after the catch and that makes him a good possession receiver, but I don't see the same burst you get out of a guy like AJ Green or Julio Jones. Floyd on the other hand has the huge upside of being a more explosive player, alittle stiffer, but much more explosive in his takeoff. I honestly don't see floyd getting drafted before Blackmon, but I do see floyd having a better career. (Don't forget blackmon got brandon weeden a top 5 QB in the NCAA the last few years, and Floyd had a myriad of 'meh' QB's for his 4 years)

What do you guys think of the Giants getting Keith Rivers(from the Bengals) for a 5th round pick? I had no clue who this guy was before the trade, but why did they give him up for a fith round pick? Was it because lack of production or injury?

yond

mitt game strong
Rivers is a former #9 overall pick of the Cincinnati Bengals, who due to a slew on injuries, hasn't really had a full chance to show off what he can do. In the two seasons he has played thus far he did 'fair'. Something like 150 tackles a few sacks and one INT in like 28~ games. Either way he has alot of talent (he was #9 overall), but has clearly had troubles getting on the field and is worth a shot for a 5th rounder that the giants were awarded anyways. He could end up realizing his potential shoring up the Giants run defense (which got really strong during the playoffs / end of the season as well), and being a great steal.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the steelers are bad in fa/draft
You're joking, right?

Pittsburgh has one of the best personnel and scouting teams of any franchise. They consistently draft well and do respectably in free agency. They didn't get Moss because the guy is a douchebag and the Steelers don't normally go after big names with baggage issues in free agency. The Steelers are the kind of team that LET GO their #1 WR for a mere 5th round pick (Santonio Holmes) because of his issues, so of course they wouldn't sign a guy like Moss. They also have more than 2 WRs and one of the most underrated TEs in the NFL, so they are pretty solid in the receiving corps dept.

I'll just assume your post was meant to be funny.

so that means no janoris jenkins i suppose. i would take casey hayward in the 3rd/4th over janoris jenkins in the 1st / 2nd anyways.

so that means no janoris jenkins i suppose. i would take casey hayward in the 3rd/4th over janoris jenkins in the 1st / 2nd anyways.
I don't like when a team takes a WR with the 20+ pick in the first round... Theres way more good/average receivers than their are of other positions.

Rivers is a former #9 overall pick of the Cincinnati Bengals, who due to a slew on injuries, hasn't really had a full chance to show off what he can do. In the two seasons he has played thus far he did 'fair'. Something like 150 tackles a few sacks and one INT in like 28~ games. Either way he has alot of talent (he was #9 overall), but has clearly had troubles getting on the field and is worth a shot for a 5th rounder that the giants were awarded anyways. He could end up realizing his potential shoring up the Giants run defense (which got really strong during the playoffs / end of the season as well), and being a great steal.
Who is he going to replace anyways? I guess it's good to have depth and if he could be a hell of a steal if he was a first round pick. Also, what would be Osi's value if the Giants want to trade him? He is a good player, and like Tuck said "you can never have enough pass rushers" but he is starting to become a (bigger) diva and we all know hes going to get dropped next year anyways(as the Giants won't be able to pay the kind of money he wants). Is he worth a first or second round pick? I just realized(this is an edit) how amazing J.P.P is for a fan(and pretty much every fan) would be okay if the Giants traded Osi. I can't think of many teams that would have the freedom to trade a player like that. And here we all doubted the J.P.P pick... And i was watching the Avatar marathon yesterday and never realized how sad that part was.. I have always struggled to decide between Tough, Azula or Iroh but that episode i think helped me make up my mind.

yond

mitt game strong
Rivers will play either WLB or MLB and Boley will play the other one. Also the Giants wouldn't trade Osi unless they got a first round pick for him, but I don't think they could get a first rounder w/o packaging him with say: a third round pick. A possible scenario would be with the bears / titans who want a defensive end who is a elite pass rusher (osi averages 1 sack a game last year) and they might take him along w/ an extra pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)