The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I thought it was a fun stat when I was looking at them (coincidentally looking at would-be MVP candidates not sparked by this thread's recent posts): Peyton Manning has lost more fumbles this year than he has in his previous six years (seven if you count 2011).

I thought it was a fun stat when I was looking at them (coincidentally looking at would-be MVP candidates not sparked by this thread's recent posts): Peyton Manning has lost more fumbles this year than he has in his previous six years (seven if you count 2011).
How the hell is this his fault? Thats entirely on the OL.

You mad your QB cant drop 41 TDs and 4000 yds in 12 games?

Last edited:
I agree with the second part, but I find the first part EXTREMELY difficult to believe. I believe they can play two close games and I believe they can split their matchups, but to insist the Panthers will dominate the Saints twice is something only a biased Panthers homer can do. I'm pretty sure our other resident Panthers fans (BiGGiE, Justin8649, Stone_cold) wouldn't even make THAT bold of an assertion.
I hate the Panthers, dude. It's just what film shows. Panther D is way more dominating than Jets D is, and the Saints got screwed by Jets D. Saints O-line is like Swiss cheese, and Cam Newton is running hot, while Saints D is struggling.

The momentum is all for Panthers. They may not win easily, because Brees makes miracles, but I believe they'll sweep.

I hate the Panthers, dude. It's just what film shows. Panther D is way more dominating than Jets D is, and the Saints got screwed by Jets D. Saints O-line is like Swiss cheese, and Cam Newton is running hot, while Saints D is struggling.

The momentum is all for Panthers. They may not win easily, because Brees makes miracles, but I believe they'll sweep.

Thats it. I've had it! I'm going to say it right now, and to quote tehvalkry after sunday night all you can quote me for posterity if i am wrong, the Panthers will get destroyed by the Saints. I'd say by 11 points at least. Breees will not be shutdown in consecutive weeks, and will blast through that defense.

I've been a panther supporter since before '12 but seriously ya'll need to relax. That secondary is still horrendous, and Newton isn't even playing as good as the end of last year. This panthers team is going nowhere in the playoffs this year. It's a good start, their GM did an amazing job with the draft, but this team still has too many crappy contracts and holes in the OL and defense. This year is only good for one thing, keep Rivera as the head coach and change the players attitude towards him and go from there. This season is basically to calm all the angry fans who thinka yearly SB contender can be built in two years. It's working. The DL has talent for years, the Panthers will win a SB when Newton gets a dominant receiver(i hope it is Nicks) to whom he can just fling the ball randomly and make huge ass gains consistently for 5~6 games.

Thats it. I've had it! I'm going to say it right now, and to quote tehvalkry after sunday night all you can quote me for posterity if i am wrong, the Panthers will get destroyed by the Saints. I'd say by 11 points at least. Breees will not be shutdown in consecutive weeks, and will blast through that defense.

I've been a panther supporter since before '12 but seriously ya'll need to relax. That secondary is still horrendous, and Newton isn't even playing as good as the end of last year. This panthers team is going nowhere in the playoffs this year. It's a good start, their GM did an amazing job with the draft, but this team still has too many crappy contracts and holes in the OL and defense. This year is only good for one thing, keep Rivera as the head coach and change the players attitude towards him and go from there. This season is basically to calm all the angry fans who thinka yearly SB contender can be built in two years. It's working. The DL has talent for years, the Panthers will win a SB when Newton gets a dominant receiver(i hope it is Nicks) to whom he can just fling the ball randomly and make huge ass gains consistently for 5~6 games.
The Panthers did pretty dang well against the Patriots, who are quite a bit better than the Saints, so I think it's kinda weird that you're so confident the Saints will crush them.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Some Hero is very opinionated Byrne and has no clue what he's talking about. Our secondary is fine. We are starting a rookie linebacker, and rotating 3 rookies in our secondary, of course there is some holes. But we have 2 very underrated safeties in the league (ESPECIALLY Mike Mitchell). Also, you can pick at the Carolina defense all you want, it's the #1 in the league currently and for good reason. You don't have to give our secondary credit if you don't want to, but they held they can hold their own. It'll be exciting to see what they do against Drew Brees.

Also, our offense isn't bad. We have consistent numbers through 4 recievers (all around 600 yards each) and we rely on a long running game. We have the best 3rd down percentage in the league and we rely on long sustained drives and are one of the more consistent scoring offenses currently. Some Hero, go focus on your Giants, we all know you thought they'd be 16-0 this year hailing the best offense and defense in the league ^_^

I'm not saying the Panthers will win, but I also don't think we'll get blown out. We haven't gotten any respect all year, maybe an upset will help us out. :3 I realize it's a tough game at the dome but I wouldn't automatically count us out.

JK Some Hero not a retard, but I will forever slay him for always predicting Giants go 16-0 lols.

For what it's worth, I predicted 1-1 in the series vs the Saints but because this game basically determines the NFC South, I am heavily hoping we can pull out the upset.

Thoughts on Kuechly for defensive MVP? His numbers aren't as impressive as last year due to not having to do half of the work load he did last year. He leads the #1 defense in the league, and has been incredible all year. Probably the best LB in the league atm.

i haven't watched many other LBs, but Posluszney has been a monster this year, especially since the bye week.

he already has 126 tackles for the year (his total from 2012). i can't find his tackle for a loss stat, but he's been great in coverage and has also been getting good QB pressure, even though he only has 1.5 sacks. he also has 2 interceptions, a TD and a forced fumble.

Some Hero is very opinionated Byrne and has no clue what he's talking about. Our secondary is fine. We are starting a rookie linebacker, and rotating 3 rookies in our secondary, of course there is some holes. But we have 2 very underrated safeties in the league (ESPECIALLY Mike Mitchell). Also, you can pick at the Carolina defense all you want, it's the #1 in the league currently and for good reason. You don't have to give our secondary credit if you don't want to, but they held they can hold their own. It'll be exciting to see what they do against Drew Brees.

Also, our offense isn't bad. We have consistent numbers through 4 recievers (all around 600 yards each) and we rely on a long running game. We have the best 3rd down percentage in the league and we rely on long sustained drives and are one of the more consistent scoring offenses currently. Some Hero, go focus on your Giants, we all know you thought they'd be 16-0 this year hailing the best offense and defense in the league ^_^

I'm not saying the Panthers will win, but I also don't think we'll get blown out. We haven't gotten any respect all year, maybe an upset will help us out. :3 I realize it's a tough game at the dome but I wouldn't automatically count us out.

JK Some Hero not a retard, but I will forever slay him for always predicting Giants go 16-0 lols.

For what it's worth, I predicted 1-1 in the series vs the Saints but because this game basically determines the NFC South, I am heavily hoping we can pull out the upset.

Thoughts on Kuechly for defensive MVP? His numbers aren't as impressive as last year due to not having to do half of the work load he did last year. He leads the #1 defense in the league, and has been incredible all year. Probably the best LB in the league atm.
Just going to say it now, your offense blows. It's been enough thanks to the defense but i seriously dislike the offense. I thought Newton would be able to throw for 300 yds every other game, he hasn't. And he may not really need to, but if you look at the last few teams who won the SB, the QB in those teams has been able to put together a string of games where he could do no wrong and opposing defenses could not stop them no matter what they did. The best example of this is Elis game against the 49ers, where he was hit more than half of his attempts, sacked six times and still passed for 300+ yds without any INTs. Your WRs all suck, deal with it.

You can come back to me if Steve Smith, Lafell or whatever other backup WR in your team starts putting together 200 yds games. I'll admit i was wrong then. But yeah your Panthers offense is bad. And its only putting up average numbers thanks to your defense. But we'll see. And again, this isn't meant to be mean spirited. It's the truth. Haven't had fun watching that offense since last year.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i haven't watched many other LBs, but Posluszney has been a monster this year, especially since the bye week.

he already has 126 tackles for the year (his total from 2012). i can't find his tackle for a loss stat, but he's been great in coverage and has also been getting good QB pressure, even though he only has 1.5 sacks. he also has 2 interceptions, a TD and a forced fumble.
Don't be fooled by numbers. We watched him in Buffalo for years, he's not big enough to get into the backfield. Most of his tackles are 5-10 yards downfield.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's snowing in Philly but not New England? :v4:

cant wait for snowy Super Bowl

edit- holy shit Gronk carted off the field due to a low hit....

I think the announcers are right. They can't hit high anymore so now we're going to see a ton of season-ending kneeshots. The NFL will be fine with this though since they cant be sued for it.

Last edited:
wow these 4th quarters

philadelphia-detroit, minnesota-ravens, falcons-packers, browns-patriots, miami-pittsburgh all close and back and forth late

and seconds later, Jacoby Jones returns a kickoff for a TD... 3 TDs in 60 seconds, awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)