The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt they'll lose a draft pick over it. I certainly see a fine and probably even a suspension coming (which would both be completely deserved), but to dock them a draft pick would be uber amounts of overkill considering the nature and severity of the incident. If this were something that had occurred before and was documented to be intentional I could maybe see it, but the fact that this is an isolated incident and they can't even prove he did it on purpose makes a punishment like that completely unnecessary. I don't think the NFL is that stupid, and they are probably just using this threat as a warning to other teams that they mean business and future incidents will receive more severe penalties.
The NFL doesn't appreciate having the integrity of the game made a fool of during the prime time Thanksgiving game so that's probably factored in.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It's cool, they just made a fool of it themselves during the prime time Sunday Night Football game.

literally took away a(n admittedly badly called) first down retroactively how the fuck

where is some hero and YTP, I just want to talk with them about football ^_^

Eh sorry, during the holidays the most i can do is read the thread and like posts. I'll probably be idle from around the 21st to the thursday following new years day. I'm going to watch peyton for the first time as a bronco against the raiders week 17, FUCK YEAH! So like i've been saying for a while, Peyton better not get benched. Stupid chiefs failed me, so i have to root for brady not to lose another game. I'll seriously lose my mind if the patriots lose another game.

Anyway, was at the Rams game and jesus patrick willis is intimidating as hell. His machine like body is crazy in real life, phuuuck. That was my takeaway from that game, i hate the 49ers and kind of dislike the rams a little(will turn to hate if they become good and dont move back to la).

The Seahawks are about as close to a lock for the Super Bowl as a team can be at this point. They're just not gonna lose at home

I actually have a fantasy where Russell Wilson goes on to win every single home game in his entire NFL career. Three years from now, with two Super Bowl rings under his belt, Wilson finds himself at home in the NFC Championship game against who else but the New Orleans Saints. With just a second on the clock and Seattle down 4 but on the three yard line, Wilson hands off the Lynch on a power run play when everyone in the stadium expects the play action. Lynch starts to plow forward, but at the goal line the Saints knock the ball out and it starts to roll towards Wilson. The entire Saints defense converges on him, but Wilson knows what he must do. He grabs the football and leaps into the air. Just then, Jesus Christ himself lifts Russell Wilson high into the sky, and CenturyLink Field rises into the sky like some sort of biblical arena of the gods. Wilson then glides into the endzone for the game-winning touchdown. He hands the ball to Lynch, and then floats off into the sky to take the throne as God of the universe.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Seahawks are about as close to a lock for the Super Bowl as a team can be at this point. They're just not gonna lose at home

I actually have a fantasy where Russell Wilson goes on to win every single home game in his entire NFL career. Three years from now, with two Super Bowl rings under his belt, Wilson finds himself at home in the NFC Championship game against who else but the New Orleans Saints. With just a second on the clock and Seattle down 4 but on the three yard line, Wilson hands off the Lynch on a power run play when everyone in the stadium expects the play action. Lynch starts to plow forward, but at the goal line the Saints knock the ball out and it starts to roll towards Wilson. The entire Saints defense converges on him, but Wilson knows what he must do. He grabs the football and leaps into the air. Just then, Jesus Christ himself lifts Russell Wilson high into the sky, and CenturyLink Field rises into the sky like some sort of biblical arena of the gods. Wilson then glides into the endzone for the game-winning touchdown. He hands the ball to Lynch, and then floats off into the sky to take the throne as God of the universe.
Seeing as the Seahawks are my favourite team in the NFC, I would thoroughly enjoy this

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Maybe one year the Seahawks will win the superbowl - but right now theres a certain team with the current best winning streak in the NFL poised to win the NFC south and take the NFC Championship ^_^

Also, would love to see Steve Smith 1v1 Richard Sherman againx D

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Super Bowl will be Broncos vs Seahawks, mark my words.

BTW, I think Drew Brees took too much NyQuill yesterday...
You really think the Broncos are going anywhere in cold weather? AFC team is probably going to be the Patriots (as much as that pains me), and Seahawks won't have their 12th man to help them all the way out in New Jersey. I have no doubt they are going though, nobody in the NFC is going to beat them at home.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Maybe one year the Seahawks will win the superbowl - but right now theres a certain team with the current best winning streak in the NFL poised to win the NFC south and take the NFC Championship ^_^

Also, would love to see Steve Smith 1v1 Richard Sherman againx D

I'm loving the Panthers and their brand of football has made them my third favourite team to watch this year. I also think they'll make the nfcc. You would have to be a bit of a homer to expect them to beat the Hawks in Seattle though

Who the hell wants to see Peyton fold in the freezing cold of New Jersey in February? (Well, obviously Peyton haters, but...) It was pathetic watching the Broncos ultra-conservative game plan cost them their massive lead when they played the Pats, and if it's cold and windy enough (not exactly a shot in the dark), you can expect the same game plan if the Broncos were to reach the Super Bowl. Now, even as a Pat hater, I would sooner prefer to see Brady work his magic in unfavorable weather conditions than Peyton choke.

I don't care about peyton reaching the sb, fifth MVP/greatest season by a player at any position > a sb win, but you guys are overreacting to this cold weather crap. The broncos have as good a chance of winning it all as anyone. But like i said, who the fuck cares when you put up these numbers in a year.

Unlike the rest of ya'll i'm enjoying the greatest season ever by a qb week in and out. Losing against the colts in the div won't mean anything. This season, every game is magical.

Also, i'll be laughing my ass off when Romo beats the panthers at home, takes down brees at the dome, blows out the hawks at the nfcc and wins the sb against the collts.

Also, i'll be laughing my ass off when Romo beats the panthers at home, takes down brees at the dome, blows out the hawks at the nfcc and wins the sb against the collts.
Sometimes I wonder if you live in some weird alternate universe where everything that's actually true about the NFL is flip-flopped. I think it'd be fun to live in said universe. Are the Jaguars winning the Super Bowl next year over where you're at?

Sometimes I wonder if you live in some weird alternate universe where everything that's actually true about the NFL is flip-flopped. I think it'd be fun to live in said universe. Are the Jaguars winning the Super Bowl next year over where you're at?
Says the man who said this lol:

But, nah, Seahawks are really good though :P

Pumped for the two division teams with the same record going head to head next week. We gon' see!

Says the man who said this lol:

But, nah, Seahawks are really good though :P

Pumped for the two division teams with the same record going head to head next week. We gon' see!
hey man, there's nothing wacky about predicting the seahawks winning multiple super bowls and wilson being immortalized

Preparing for the shitstorm that will come from this

Mark my words, the Super Bowl will be Chargers v. Panthers/49ers/Seahawks (Yes I realize this is obscure I'll go into it, also in order from favorite to least favorite)

Yes, the Chargers. Hear me out though. For the past 4 years, the winner of the Super Bowl has been the team that plays the Eagles at their home opener (this is old news to some of you, I think this thread discussed it in last year's thread). Go ahead, check. Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens. All of them. And there's more- the only team that beat each of those teams in the regular season, too? The Redskins. Guess who beat the Chargers?

More support comes from the fact usually our Super Bowl winner plays in the Wildcard Weekend, which is exactly where San Diego will be, sorry Ravens fans. And that's where my next obscure pick comes from.

Panthers and Saints both playing Wild Card is still possible (but probably won't happen) but honestly one will play and one won't. If it's the Panthers, I'm choosing them. Hands down, if the Panthers play Wildcard Weekend no team will be able to stop the momentum. The Panthers would beat Seattle at home if it happens. The 49ers I have faith to upset Seattle, granted Crabtree and Manningham are back and in their prime form as the used to be. Davis/Crabtree/Manningham/Boldin is a legitimate receiving core which they've been lacking and is one of their only weaknesses. If neither of those things happens, I'll give you Seattle. Seattle and San Fran play this weekend in California, so that game will give a glimpse provided Crabtree isn't dropping passes and Manningham is playing like he did for the Giants. Other than that, yes, Seattle is the best team in the NFL, but that doesn't always translate to a Super Bowl win.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Preparing for the shitstorm that will come from this

Mark my words, the Super Bowl will be Chargers v. Panthers/49ers/Seahawks (Yes I realize this is obscure I'll go into it, also in order from favorite to least favorite)

Yes, the Chargers. Hear me out though. For the past 4 years, the winner of the Super Bowl has been the team that plays the Eagles at their home opener (this is old news to some of you, I think this thread discussed it in last year's thread). Go ahead, check. Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens. All of them. And there's more- the only team that beat each of those teams in the regular season, too? The Redskins. Guess who beat the Chargers?

More support comes from the fact usually our Super Bowl winner plays in the Wildcard Weekend, which is exactly where San Diego will be, sorry Ravens fans. And that's where my next obscure pick comes from.

Panthers and Saints both playing Wild Card is still possible (but probably won't happen) but honestly one will play and one won't. If it's the Panthers, I'm choosing them. Hands down, if the Panthers play Wildcard Weekend no team will be able to stop the momentum. The Panthers would beat Seattle at home if it happens. The 49ers I have faith to upset Seattle, granted Crabtree and Manningham are back and in their prime form as the used to be. Davis/Crabtree/Manningham/Boldin is a legitimate receiving core which they've been lacking and is one of their only weaknesses. If neither of those things happens, I'll give you Seattle. Seattle and San Fran play this weekend in California, so that game will give a glimpse provided Crabtree isn't dropping passes and Manningham is playing like he did for the Giants. Other than that, yes, Seattle is the best team in the NFL, but that doesn't always translate to a Super Bowl win.
I can get behind this. Your logic is sound.

Philip Rivers will finally get his ring so he can hang out with his other classmates from 2004!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)